News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Work on two documents at once?

Started by spitllama, March 19, 2012, 01:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

I'm trying to make a 2 pianos and solo piano version of a piece. So naturally I'm hoping to work off of one and copy/paste onto the other. All I can figure out how to do is make each piece a very small window WITHIN the Finale window, which is very inconvenient. Any tips?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Dudeman

Can you open two Finale windows (the program, not the pieces) at the same time?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

spitllama

It doesn't seem like it. I've checked the different routes to do that and can't figure it out.
Submissions Page

Dudeman

I was going to suggest opening two windows and adjusting the window borders until each one was half the size of the screen, but apparently that's not possible. Oh well.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Shadoninja

Make a copy file of the 2 pianos sheet.
Add a solo piano in the copy 2 pianos sheet.
When you're done editing the solo piano, delete and reposition the 2 pianos parts.

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

Highlight a part you want to copy in file no.1, then Ctrl C. Open file no.2, then Ctrl V.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Shadoninja

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 19, 2012, 01:52:02 PMHighlight a part you want to copy in file no.1, then Ctrl C. Open file no.2, then Ctrl V.
That's way too much window switching for my liking.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

Lol, you mean just the one window switching?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

spitllama

That's what I've been doing Olimar. And it sucks quite frankly :P Thanks to both of you. I'll try your method Shado.
Submissions Page

Olimar12345

Well, usually when I do it I finish the solo version first. Then I copy the the piece into piano 1 or something. Then edit as needed.

SlowPokemon

Eh, I use Olimar's method and it isn't that bad--especially because Finale has the last four documents you've opened under the "File" tab
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fingerz

Work on one, then the other. I start with the solo sheet because then you have your bass and melody worked out. Then you slot them into the duet and add in all the other parts. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

spitllama

Submissions Page