News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Help!

Started by EFitTrainr, March 14, 2012, 04:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFitTrainr

How do I get someone to play the game Earthbound when they are COMPLETELY against it?! (hi kman)
I like food.

Shadoninja

"There is only one way under high heaven to get anybody to do
anything. Did you ever stop to think of that? Yes, just one way. And
that is by making the other person want to do it.

Remember, there is no other way.

Of course, you can make someone want to give you his watch by
sticking a revolver in his ribs. YOU can make your employees give
you cooperation - until your back is turned - by threatening to fire
them. You can make a child do what you want it to do by a whip or a
threat. But these crude methods have sharply undesirable
repercussions.

The only way I can get you to do anything is by giving you what you
want.

What do you want?" - Dale Carnegie
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

blueflower999

Show them how many people love the game? Show them its humor? I don't know.  :-[
Bulbear! Blueflower999

spitllama

Have them become interested in Ness or Lucas in SSBB. That's what did it for me.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345

You can't make someone like something if they are COMPLETELY against it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

KefkaticFanatic

You can't make someone unstupid.

me irl
[close]

Raymondbl

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 15, 2012, 12:38:39 PMYou can't make someone unstupid.
But you can make someone unignorant, though sometimes it's hard to differentiate between the two.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

KefkaticFanatic

Generally it's not worth the time.

me irl
[close]

Raymondbl

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 16, 2012, 02:44:04 AMGenerally it's not worth the time.
Agreed.

I've never played Earthbound before.  Do they come out with new games?
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

blueflower999

Quote from: Raymondbl on March 16, 2012, 06:50:01 AMAgreed.

I've never played Earthbound before.  Do they come out with new games?
Unfortunately, no. But there is a Mother 4 fan game in progress, there won't be anymore official EarthBound games. Or so the creator says.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

dahans

I have a question about dates and the word the: my sister has a homework about when to use the before for example 22nd. As in May 22nd rather than May the 22nd or in Monday the 22nd. Can you help? Are there any rules regarding this?thx
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

MaestroUGC

It's either May 22nd, Monday the 22nd, or the 22nd of May. All of these work.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Kman96

Shadowkirby, you jerk! I told you- I don't want to play any of the games now just give up! I've already conformed to a number of things that you like, (Dr. Who, etc.) but I'm done! I'm tired of being expected to like something! I'm not gonna play it for any particular reason unless I want to! As far as I've heard, the series is one of the most ridiculous I've ever heard of, and I don't plan on playing it myself unless I just decide to out of the blue!

NOW KNOCK IT OFF.
Party Hard!
[close]

blueflower999

Quote from: Kman96 on May 10, 2012, 08:26:21 AMShadowkirby, you jerk! I told you- I don't want to play any of the games now just give up! I've already conformed to a number of things that you like, (Dr. Who, etc.) but I'm done! I'm tired of being expected to like something! I'm not gonna play it for any particular reason unless I want to! As far as I've heard, the series is one of the most ridiculous I've ever heard of, and I don't plan on playing it myself unless I just decide to out of the blue!

NOW KNOCK IT OFF.
:( The series is ridiculous, but it's done on purpose to be funny...
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Shadoninja

Even if you get him to play, he'll never enjoy it because you're forcing it on him. When you force something on someone they will despise it.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman