News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

LonelyHaven's Arrangements

Started by LonelyHaven, February 21, 2012, 05:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LonelyHaven

Primarily using Musescore now. Will organize post when I have time.

Completed:
[N64] "Bottles' Picture Game" - Banjo Kazooie

Remarks:
-I notice there are some note overlaps with the right and left hand. I will probably fix that if necessary.
-I know the original has the melody 1-2 octaves lower, and the "left hand part" an octave higher, but for playing purposes, I think this arrangement is better.

[SNES] "Riddle" - Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (JPN)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjxJ0smRfg (Better quality)

Things to take note:
-Theme excludes most "arpeggios" (probably would be good for duet)
-Included parentheses in octave "g scale" part near end in musescore, but did not transfer to when importing as xml to finale
-Should now be final copy, added some harmonies to melody and minor edit to left hand part.
Other suggestions are appreciated.

[SNES] "Big Battle" - Castlevania III (JPN)

Work in Progress:
[N64] "Wizpig Race" - Diddy Kong Racing
[SNES] "Clockwork" - Castlevania III

Plans:
[N64] "Boulder Canyon" - Diddy Kong Racing
[SNES] Underground Sewer - Chrono Trigger
([N64] "Boss Challenge Failure" - Diddy Kong Racing)
([N64] "Good Cog Bad Cog" - Conker's Bad Fur Day)

Dudeman

Quote from: LonelyHaven on February 21, 2012, 05:37:53 PMSome things I'm not sure how to do (for future reference):
-Add measure numbers at beginning of each system
-Insert a different time signature later in the piece
-Add different tempo/metronome markings in piece
Don't know how to break this to you...you can't. Notepad is really stupid and (I think) is just a way for Finale to convince you to buy the full version. So, no, you can't do any of those in Notepad. >:(
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LonelyHaven

Shadoninja

Quote from: LonelyHaven on February 21, 2012, 05:37:53 PM-Add different tempo/metronome markings in piece

You can create a non-functional tempo marking using the text tool.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

LonelyHaven

So is there alt code or something to type in a note in the text box?

Shadoninja

Quote from: LonelyHaven on February 21, 2012, 07:10:22 PMSo is there alt code or something to type in a note in the text box?
You have to change the font to "Maestro" and then type in the note (Q for Quarter note).
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

LonelyHaven

insaneintherain

If I were you, I would look up Musescore. It's a free and better, in my opinion, alternative to Sibelius and Finale. It works fairly well, but in order to get the best sound quality, search up the software SfArk and click here to get a soundfont you might want to download. Search up some tutorials onto how to get soundfonts into MS. It's actually pretty good software. Did I mention it's free? I won't get off topic here *too late* but it's a good alternative nonetheless.

LonelyHaven

All right, I will try it out, thanks.

It works great. Thanks for the recommendation.

LonelyHaven

[N64] "Bottles' Picture Game" - Banjo Kazooie
[MUS] [PDF] [MIDI]

UPDATED
[NES] "Riddle" - Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (JPN)
[MUS] [PDF] [MIDI]

(See first post for remarks)

insaneintherain

Quote from: LonelyHaven on February 23, 2012, 07:13:09 PM[N64] "Bottles' Picture Game" - Banjo Kazooie
[MUS] [PDF] [MIDI]

[SNES] "Riddle" - Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (JPN)
[MUS] [PDF] [MIDI]

(See first post for remarks)
Was this with Musescore?

LonelyHaven

QuoteWas this with Musescore?

Yeah.

insaneintherain

Dudeman

We need to form, like, a clan of MuseScore users. Something like...Museclan!
Joking. :P
Anyways, great job on these! Are you new to arranging at all? I certainly can't tell! :)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LonelyHaven

Ha.

I wish I heard about MuseScore (or similar free software) earlier. I used to just try to write down on scrap paper like just the notes or something and it would be really messy and there would be no indication of rhythm. So it would only be like for me to refer to, haha.

So I guess I would say it's my first time using software to arrange stuff.