News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Fingerings?

Started by K-NiGhT, February 20, 2012, 10:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

While we're on this rave of bettering our sheets, does anyone think it would be beneficial to put fingerings in some of the more difficult arrangements?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Cobraroll

I think that if you consider yourself skilled enough to try out the more difficult arrangements, fingering shouldn't be a problem.

In other words, if you can't figure out the fingering, you've probably got more to worry about. I'd say we could put it on some of the super-easy arrangements, but not the hardest ones.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

fingerz

Agreed. Fingering is a guideline. At my level of playing, I just ignore the fingering and see what works best for me. :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Jub3r7

At my level of playing, I make up a fingering and regret it later. D:
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

spitllama

^ Yes this. I'll start a piece on my own and come to my piano teacher the next week and she'll be like "WTF were you thinking? That's awful fingering!"

I seem to avoid using the 4th finger whenever possible.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Winter

Ah the name of this topic

fingerz

Quote from: Winter on February 20, 2012, 08:45:30 PMAh the name of this topic
Yeah? You got a problem with dicussing fingering techniques? Care to share some of yours to bring us up to speed?
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Winter

Jub3r7

-.- Why is the moderator derailing the thread.

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Jub3r7

So the groundhog did see his shadow? :(

EFitTrainr

I am not owned by a groundhog.
I like food.

The Deku Trombonist

Back on topic.

If people want to add fingerings to their sheets, they can go ahead. But I'm not going to go making it a requirement

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: shadowkirby on February 21, 2012, 04:48:25 PMBecause it's winter.
waaaaaaaiiiiit a second... do you mean that literally or figuratively?
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!