News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Vote Here for NSM Theme Song!

Started by Sirus, April 22, 2008, 04:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you think is the best?  download songs below in the post!

Song 1
2 (11.8%)
Song 2
9 (52.9%)
Song 3
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: April 26, 2008, 04:35:15 PM

vgmfreak

Lildigipoke2

honestly, i just chose the best one...not the one that best suits NSM because none of them do!

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

Sirus

Quote from: vgmfreak on April 23, 2008, 12:52:43 PMAkiro it's called constructive criticism. Trust me, they'll be saying the exact samething at Ichigos.com so your argument fails. Ok I'll explain it constructively ichigo style.

Anyways, looks like #1 is losing. We all know why, no need to explain. Tips from ichigos for you

#2 and 3 are on par. I like #2 but the ending is incomplete (it's the harp), but you get a point for keeping it happy sounding as it represents NSM.

#3 does NOT fit in with the theme of NSM at all. The intro is what people will be first hearing and will be judging. I don't like it because it sounds melancholy. After that I'm like ok it's making some progress... but all of a sudden it plays loud and depressing around 00:42. Sirus said it could be anything. I disagree, NSM is suppose to be upbeat and active. Take a look at vgmusic's theme song jingle. It's perfect for their theme. It starts out happy and brilliant and people will guess vgmusic IS happy and brilliant.

i never said anything
it can be minor but not too sad
also
the sound quality is horrible b/c mediafire is messing up on its uploads for me for some reason

Akiro

garageband = orchestration?

You must have some strange kind of logic

I don't need a whole giant post telling me why I fail vgmfreak

vgmfreak

Quote from: Akiro on April 23, 2008, 06:25:56 AMGo get a life, like you guys ever composed something that is orchestrated.

That whole post was not directed at you unless you were one of the composer. I'm only giving constructive criticism towards the people who composed it. As for the quote above, that is a weak argument. If I cannot give constructive criticism (as I did with that long post) then I shouldn't be judging them in the first place. Gamer says they don't have any excitement in them. Does that mean he has bad taste? No. I even went far to elaborate my points with what needs to be improved (and that is a good thing) since my previous post before that was weak. Telling others to get a life and assuming they can't compose makes you look stupid. Ichigos.com has the best reviewers imo. Lots of constructive criticism and no one argues. If they tell you it's lacking what're you gonna do? tell them to get a life?

Instead of saying that, tell us what's good about them as counter-arguments and I'll be happy to accept it. Be truthful about it. Don't give everything a 10/10 because of peer pressure forcing you to.

KefkaticFanatic

Akiro: You obviously didn't read the post, he only mentioned you in the first sentence or 2.  And  apparently you've never used Garageband, as it CAN make an orchestrated theme, unless you mean something else.

me irl
[close]

vgmfreak

Quote from: Sirus on April 23, 2008, 03:00:25 PMi never said anything
it can be minor but not too sad
also
the sound quality is horrible b/c mediafire is messing up on its uploads for me for some reason

Just reread the rules. sorry about that. You stated it in rule #3. Good, though doesn't seem like some of them are complying with that rule. It just doesn't sound NSM-ish to me. #2 sounds good enough though.

It's actually difficult for a piece to be not sad when it's in minor :D Stick with major to save yourselves the trouble ;)

I don't know if that is either the truth or an excuse. Do file hosting services really strip files down? That can't be right or else they'd go bankrupt and have to close down because of competition (always go with the best hosting site). If it's streamed however, that can be a little different than saving the files itself. Mediafire must hate you then :D or your computer. Try other sites if it helps.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: vgmfreak on April 23, 2008, 04:29:14 PMIt's actually difficult for a piece to be not sad when it's in minor :D Stick with major to save yourselves the trouble ;)

Well minor also can mean dark, and it is much of the time.

me irl
[close]

Sirus

@vgmfreak
not always
media is actually pretty good most of the times especially MUS files
however for some reason lately, the sound quality is getting worse
i think its b/c it is uploading as a quick time MP3
why? im not so sure..
also i think ur right
i should have said major so it would "fit" NSM  :D
but who cares now its up XD

razer84

none of them really sound like a theme song anyway. when i think theme song, i think something catchy or something that gets stuck in your head. like "du-na du-na du-na du-na BATMAN!"

damn commies.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

B-Kpianist

They all remind me of either elevator or hold music ::)

razer84

damn commies.

Lildigipoke2

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

Sirus

okay ill post a separate poll then for late comers
send them to me by May 2
but these will be judged separate from these three