Arr. contest 2 - The grand dance! SCORES UP!

Started by Cobraroll, February 11, 2012, 02:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite?

"Curly Swing" by Insaneintherain
3 (15.8%)
"Mad Monster Waltz" by Clanker37
0 (0%)
"Oceanic Museum Waltz" by Dahans
9 (47.4%)
"Mushroom Kingdom Folk Waltz" by MaestroUGC
1 (5.3%)
"Waltz on the Rails" by Olimar12345
5 (26.3%)
"Fairy Fountain Waltz" by Bespinben
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

insaneintherain

MaestroUGC

Don't worry, I'm sure we all have an equal chance of winning. Anyway, Week 1 is over, I hope you are all making good progress on your arrangements.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Brassman388

MaestroUGC

You turn in your pieces to Cobra with the ID's in place of your name. He then gives them to the judgrors who rate them and give him the scores for these random ID's. Once all the entries are scored, Cobra will release the identities and scores and announce a winner.

dahans

haha that sounds like it would take an awful lot of time to rate all the arrangements. Btw, will we also get to know the score of each judge/get a feedback? Could i also be a judge?^^
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

^You can volunteer for the next round, if people want to have any. I'd be happy to host that one too, but I can't shell out for prizes after this round.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

insaneintherain

This is actually much more fun than I thought it would be! Are we following Cobra's countdown that he posted earlier, because the front of the thread says March 10th as the deadline, but it also says subject to change. Has anyone submitted theirs? (or am I not allowed to ask) XP

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Contest ends on the 17th, at 6:00am GMT. That means you need to have your arrangement subitted by then. The timeline shifted because we started later than we originally intended.

Cobraroll

Update!

For poll purposes, I'd please like everybody to make a title to their piece. It will give the piece more character, and make it easier to distinguish and remember which is which. The poll would look a little weird if I used the ID numbers as poll options, especially as the IDs aren't making the pieces easier to remember. Be creative!

If your title is the same as the name of the song you based your piece on, I will be forced to make a title for you. This can swing both ways.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Brassman388

Do they have to be in MUS format?

I'm asking because I have some Garritan sounds and such I'm probably going to use after I'm done arranging. I was thinking an audio file would be the best solution I could offer. I would provide an additional score as well.

MaestroUGC

I'm doing the same. I'd suggest to submit a regular MUS alongside the audio

MaestroUGC

Week 2 is now over! We have entered the final stretch, your arrangements are due by March 17th, at 6:00am GMT. Don't be late, I look foward to seeing what you all have done.

Olimar12345

So um, Maestro...the judguring won't be anonymous to you at all, huh?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Well, no, short of me not judgror-ing it was to be expected, unless we split the submissions between us; i.e. I get half that includes yours, and you get the other half which includes mine.