davy
1 (7.1%)
Nakah
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Mashi

blueflower999

OK, here's an idea I had for a game. TWG Pokemon edition:

1. Mew: Master Wolf. Has Psychic Powers, only asks for the number of Blues remaining instead of the number of reds.
2. Ditto: Wolf.
3. Ditto: Wolf.
4. Magikarp: Human.
5. Magikarp: Human.
6. Magikarp: Human.
7. Magikarp: Human.
8. Magikarp: Human.
9. Magikarp: Human.
10. Abra: Herring. Is told he/she is human.
11. Feebas: Miller. Is told he/she is human.
12. Kadabra: Has Seer powers.
13. Machop: Has Guardian powers. Cannot guard self.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Here's my own Pokémon themed game.

Pokémon Black and White – TWG

TEAM PLASMA: The evil team that is spread across Unova, wreaking havoc among the region. As if this wasn't bad enough, their master, Ghetsis, is a master of disguise and has disguised himself as a normal Pokémon Trainer and has taught his underlings to do the same—though his underlings can still be revealed as red. His son, the mysterious N, can view a player's color every night.
1. Ghetsis (Master Wolf: a Wolf Seered green)
2. N (Wolf Shaman: a Wolf with the power of the Seer)
3. Team Plasma (Wolf)

SPECIAL TRAINERS: These three are helpful to the normal Pokémon Trainers. Alder, the Pokémon Champion, has the ability to kill one player each night phase—which is helpful only provided he knows what he's doing. Looker, a member of the International Police, can unmask one person for what they truly are each night phase. And Professor Juniper, a selfless individual, can guard one person, excluding herself, each night phase in the safety of her laboratory.
4. Alder (Vigi)
5. Looker (Seer)
6. Professor Juniper (Guardian)

POKÉMON TRAINERS: The normal Pokémon Trainers are being kept in the dark and panic is ensuing. They must work together with the Special Trainers to unmask Team Plasma—while avoiding casting suspicion on the wrong person. The Skinhead, an unfortunately suspicious-looking individual, will be unmasked by Looker or N as being a red player, while the Scientist, who is often subject to the stereotype of his type being automatically intelligent, will be unmasked by Looker or N as a blue player.
7. Skinhead (Miller)
8. Scientist (Herring)
9. Pokémon Trainer (Human)
10. Pokémon Trainer (Human)
11. Pokémon Trainer (Human)
12. Pokemon Trainer (Human)

THERE. Not very original but I liked incorporating the Pokémon aspects.

Also, Blueflower, I'm pretty sure for Abra you mean "herring" not "miller." :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

davy

(Don't worry, this game won't be so complicated as the Yu-Gi-Oh game, and I will finish the SIPC post game (I'm halfway done)).

This game is based on the game that nakah posted in
the host sing-ups for TWG IV.

TWG XXVIII: Crossing the worlds.

Wolves
1. Lynx(Wolf Hypnotizer: During each night phase he can PM the host a name of a player. That player's power will be sealed during that night phase and the day after it)
2. Harle(Wolf Shaman: a Wolf with the power of the seer)
3. Skelly(Wolf)
[/list]

Special Humans
4. Serge(Vigi)
5. Riddel(Guardian, can guard self)
6. Greco(Oracle, during each phase (day and night) he can PM the host a name of a player. If he dies (eighter by wolfing, lynching or vigi'ing) that players role will be revealed to the topic)

Normal humans
7. Skelly's body(Innocent, when Skelly dies, he dies too, this doesn't happen when Skelly dies in a different world, is told he is a normal human)
8. human
9. human
10. human
11. human
12. human
13. human
14. human

There are two worlds in this game. the first one is the Home World and the other one is Another world The game starts at night phase 1 in the Home World and after that the day phase 1 in the Home World. But after that it becomes night phase 1 in Another world. So each time a night and a day phase has passed, the players enter a different world.

Each player gets a role PM at the beginning of the first night phase of the Home World and another role PM at the first Night phase of Another world, if that player is still alive. This means that a player can be a blue in the Home World but a red in Another world.

When there are 6 players left at the end of a phase the game remains in the world it was befor that player died for the rest of the game. Example: if there are seven players at the beginning of day 2 of Another world and one of them is lynched, it becomes night 3 Another world. If the humans killed every wolf from both worlds before that, the humans win automatically.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Nakah

So here is my idea, as conceptualized this morning:

The Madd Doctor of Nakylvania

12 Players

5 humans-Gather ingredients each night. Each player recieves a random bundle of ingredients the per day. The ingredients in each bundle are decided by a random roll(random.org): Picking 2 numbers out of numbers 1-12(each number represents one of twelve ingredients). Each bundle contains two ingredients.

Reds:
1 Madd Doctor-Can use any potion available on team. Seer'd Green.
1 Evil Minion-Ability to make potions from the blue team, but CANNOT make The White Nectar. Steals 4 ingredients from 4 random and separate players at night.
1 Horrid Lab Monster- Cannot be lynched. Ability to attempt to steal 1 blue/green potions per night.

Blues:
1 Psychologist- Ability to seer once per night. Can use any potion available on team.
1 Herbalist-Uses ability during the night to gather a random rare bundle of ingredients. Rare ingredients include: Witch's Hair, Troll Toes, Nightshade, and Wormwood. Each rare bundle contains 2 rare ingredients. Also the ability to attempt to steal 1 red potion per night.
1 Alchemist-Ability to make potions from the Red team, but CANNOT make The Black Drink.
1 Valiant Knight- Ability to guard once per night. Also can attempt a Vigi, but the vigi will only work if targeted player is the Horrid Lab Monster.

Potions: 5(Red Team)

1. Protection-Stops one lynching on a specific player.(Must be used the night BEFORE the lynching.)
2. Disguise-Changes red to green for one day/night cycle
3. Poison-kills a player by the beginning of the next night phase.
4. Truth syrum-Reveals the true role of a player.
5. The Black Drink- ?

5(Blue Team)

1. Protection-stops one wolfing on a specific player.(Can be used the same night as the wolfing)
2. Antidote-Prevents death from a poison if used before the next night phase.
3. Recharge-Ends all potion cool downs
4. Revive-Brings a player back from the dead.
5. The White Nectar- ?

Ingredients: Cloves, Garlic, Troll Toes, Witch's Hair, Basil, Chamomile, Nightshade, Fennel, Nettle, Sage, Thyme, Wormwood

Ingredients by Potion:
Protection- 1 Troll toe, 2 Cloves, 1 Chamomile
Disguise- 2 Witches Hairs, 1 Fennel, 1 Wormwood
Poison- 4 Nightshade, 1 Witch's Hair
Truth Syrum- 1 Clove, 1 Nettle, 2 Sage
The Black Drink- 3 Witch's Hair, 3 Wormwood, 3 Nightshade

Protection- 1 Troll toe, 2 Cloves, 1 Chamomile
Antidote- 2 Cloves, 2 Chamomile
Recharge- 1 Troll Toe, 2 Basil, 1 Thyme
Revive- 1 Witch's Hair, 1 Garlic, 2 Wormwood
The White Nectar- 3 Witch's Hair, 3 Chamomile, 3 Wormwood

Here's how Potions are made: Players who wish to make a potion must send their ingredients to the host by sending the host a PM DURING THE DAY, while stating what potion(s) they want to be made.The potion will then be sent directly back to the player at the start of the NIGHT phase.

Potions CAN be traded. This is done so by sending a PM to the host stating who you want to send the Potion to. If a player dies, all of the potions in his/her possession are LOST. However, the Madd Doctor/Psychologist have access to every potion available on their team. They will receive a PM from the host at the beginning of each Night phase stating which potions are available for use(not who has each potion, though).

All Potions are made at the end of the Day phase, and distributed to their teams accordingly at the start of the Night phase.

Each type of potion can be used once per NIGHT phase by any player, but the potion doesn't go into effect until the end of that phase. Potions last for one Day/Night cycle.

Each potion has a full Day/Night/Day Phase Cooldown. I.e. If a protection potion is used during Night 2, then this team cannot use another Protection potion until Day 3.

I WILL KEEP an up to date tally of who has how many of each ingredient/potion. THIS is the reason for sending all of your ingredient/potion PMs to me first, because this game wouldn't necessarily work if I didn't have a list of where the ingredients and potions are on the 'game table.' The players of course will not know this tally, it is for host purposes only.

ALSO, each attempt to steal potions/ingredients is based off a random roll; where I roll a number 1-10, if it's below 5 then the attempt FAILS. If it's 5 and above then the attempt is a SUCCESS. All rolls are done on random.org.

Ingredients are distributed at the start of Day 1.

As you can see, this is a very interactive game that requires a lot of PM communication and teamwork to choose which potions to use and when. Not to mention all of the other typical TWG elements. So activity is absolutely essential.

There's probably much more tweaking to be done, but this is the general idea. I'll finish more modification when I get some feedback on the idea.

davy

Quote from: Nakah on February 10, 2012, 08:50:36 AMI'll finish more modification when I get some feedback on the idea.

There are two things I want to say about this:

1. I feel like the point of this game really doesn't work out once the wolves manage to wolf the Alchemist or Psychologist during Night 1, or if the humans manage to lynch the Madd Doctor or Evil Minion during day one. In both cases, one of the teams won't have a way to use potions, which creates a great disadvantage.

2. If the wolves manage to kill the Valiant Knight, the Horrid Lab Monster becomes pretty much invincible, and will almost ensure the wolves to win.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Nakah

Quote from: davy on February 10, 2012, 09:32:44 AMThere are two things I want to say about this:

1. I feel like the point of this game really doesn't work out once the wolves manage to wolf the Alchemist or Psychologist during Night 1, or if the humans manage to lynch the Madd Doctor or Evil Minion during day one. In both cases, one of the teams won't have a way to use potions, which creates a great disadvantage.

I think I might be able to solve this by allowing every player to now make potions instead, and changing the role of Madd Doctor/Psychologist to instead have the ability to use any of the potions available on his/her team. The MD/Psychologist will get a pm at the end of the phase stating which potions are available.

Also I lowered the number of ingredients per bundle for humans from three to two.

Quote2. If the wolves manage to kill the Valiant Knight, the Horrid Lab Monster becomes pretty much invincible, and will almost ensure the wolves to win.

This is where the protection potions come in handy. If the valiant night dies, you're herbalist is forced to steal a poison potion so you can give it to the horrid lab monster instead. OR the Alchemist must make one. There will likely be enough potions going around to keep one or the other alive.

Edit* I changed the role of the Alchemist to have the ability to make potions from the opposite team. I.e. the alchemist can make poison/disguise/etc potions. Likewise, the Evil Minion can also make green team potions. Neither role can make The Black Drink/The White Nectar. They are team exclusive potions.

K-NiGhT

I like both of those ideas!!! But don't use em yet D8 i'm gonna take a 1-game break
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Mashi

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 09, 2012, 06:01:39 PMOK, here's an idea I had for a game. TWG Pokemon edition:
I would hate to have to do this, blueflower999, but I feel that you haven't played TWG enough yet to fully experience it in order to host.  So although your game is adequate, I would rather you play a few more games before you actually do host.  If you continue improving and making amends, however, I'm sure that I'll feel that you're capable of hosting soon enough.

By the way, I won't be here for late Saturday and early Sunday, so if anyone else wants to Host, could someone do me a favour and add his/her name to the poll?  Thanks in advance.

blueflower999

Quote from: Mashi on February 10, 2012, 04:34:25 PMI would hate to have to this, blueflower999, but I feel that you haven't played TWG enough yet to fully experience it in order to host.  So although your game is adequate, I would rather you play a few more games before you actually do host.  If you continue improving and making amends, however, I'm sure that I'll feel that you're capable of hosting soon enough.

By the way, I won't be here for late Saturday and early Sunday, so if anyone else wants to Host, could someone do me a favour and add his/her name to the poll?  Thanks in advance.
Yeah, that's what I thought. It's OK.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Kman96

You know, Slow, I really like that idea of a pokemon B&W twg...that sounds like fun!!

And on the issue with blueflower...I too, might wantto host in the future, but surely no where near right now...so hopefully in a few games I might be able to. I've even got a great idea for it, too!! It'd have to be in the summer, though...I'm too busy while school Is in session.
Party Hard!
[close]

davy

When does voting end?

Also, am I allowed to vote?

Mashi

Sure.  Everyone vote for their own games.  And voting ends when we feel that one game has attained a good majority of all the TWGers here.  If 12 or so votes are in, then I think it would be fine to host whichever game has the highest number of votes.

Nakah

Pokemon bias.

BIAS I SAY. Oh well, there's always next game. I don't mind waiting a game. It'll give me a chance to refine my game a bit more so there aren't any potential loopholes.

Raymondbl

Quote from: Nakah on February 11, 2012, 08:45:30 AMPokemon bias.

BIAS I SAY.
No, just I think yours is a little too complicated. 

I have my own idea... but I play TWG for about a month.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.