News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

Quote from: shadowkirby on April 13, 2017, 07:50:42 PMegg u
You need to stop with these eggs, only Sara is allowed to talk about eggs. (Jk)

SpartanChief17

There is this one girl. Her parents are close friends to my parents. We are friends. We do swimteam (just throwing that out there).  I really want to ask her out.

I couldn't manage to ask if she wanted to do something even if I wanted to. :-[

Plus, even if I did ask her out, idk how busy her schedule is, or if her parents would approve. (Another problem [I think] is that neither of us can drive, so it would be hard for my parents or her parents to take us anywhere)
Any advice?
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

cashwarrior1

I say you should become closer friends with her before thinking that far ahead. :P

Altissimo

fucking go for it, you regret what you didn't more than what you did

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: Altissimo on April 14, 2017, 11:36:33 AMfucking go for it, you regret what you didn't more than what you did
This should be prerequisite reading before you're allowed to post on this thread.
innit

Dudeman

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on April 14, 2017, 12:47:13 PMThis should be prerequisite reading before you're allowed to post on this thread.
I can't exactly agree with that...I mean, if you've known someone for a long time and have teetered on the edge of asking then sure, it's a good idea, but don't do this with people you don't know so well. You might actually regret it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

FireArrow

What wrong with asking someone out if you're not close with them yet?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Yeah actually I'd argue the exact opposite of Dudeman
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

WaluigiTime64

I mean, if you don't know them very well, and they don't know you very well, then hitting on them might have a negative effect on your reputation in their eyes.

Honestly both sides are arguable. I'll try not to get too involved lol.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Latios212

It's a difference in personal philosophy. There's no definitive "should" or "shouldn't"; people operate in different ways. I know people who end up just fine either way.

Personally, though, I'd never dream of asking someone out who I didn't get to know pretty well first.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 14, 2017, 10:41:57 PMYeah actually I'd argue the exact opposite of Dudeman

tbh i was only ever interested in the people i knew well but like... the point of going on dates is to know people better...................................... so

(in other words: i agree with you slow)

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: Latios212 on April 14, 2017, 10:49:38 PMThere's no definitive "should" or "shouldn't"
That's because 'should' isn't definitive, it's a suggestion. 'Must' is definitive.
innit

LeviR.star

Quote from: SpartanChief17 on April 14, 2017, 07:53:09 AMor if her parents would approve

First step is to get on her parents' good side. I always did that (for the parents of the girls that eventually friendzoned me), and the parents always smiled at me. They didn't even restate the rules, because they trusted me. Be nice to every adult you meet; word travels, my friend. ;)

Think of it this way: if the parents like you, they may even encourage their daughter to start dating you!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

Stand back everyone

I asked a near complete stranger to senior prom.  We had some fun, but there wasn't a lot of chemistry between us.  I like her a lot as a friend and if I still lived there we'd probably hang out occasionally.  Dating isn't always about finding your soul mate and there aren't prerequisites to dating someone outside of them saying yes
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Just kiss her, that'll solve all your problems ;)