News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 18, 2016, 09:14:09 PMUh, I was quoting the princess bride
I thought he was actually pretty clever there
I got you man, sorry I couldn't show up earlier to defend it
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on September 18, 2016, 09:30:25 PMI got you man, sorry I couldn't show up earlier to defend it
I knew you'd get it which is why I didn't even consider someone taking it seriously
unmotivated

mikey

Quote from: K-NiGhT on September 18, 2016, 09:27:26 PMso derailing this

I'm thinking of proposing to my girlfriend soon. How much do you guys think is the average cost of an engagement ring?
sorry knight I'll bring you back up because you're important
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 18, 2016, 08:29:28 PMYes, you're very smart.  Now shut up.

I interpreted this as a joke and laughed actually so I feel like all is well
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

My bad, I didn't see the joke. Sorry :-[
what is shitpost

Sebastian

Quote from: K-NiGhT on September 18, 2016, 09:27:26 PMI'm thinking of proposing to my girlfriend soon. How much do you guys think is the average cost of an engagement ring?
How exciting, bro!
I honestly don't really know the price of an engagement ring, nor would I know how to
get a good deal. So I can't help you there. :P
I am really excited for you though. I hope you'll have the words to say!

Bubbles

I'm thinking of proposing to my girlfriend soon. How much do you guys think is the average cost of an engagement ring?
oh my GOD!! I just got so hype and I don't even know your relationship like that but CONGRATSSS!!!!

average cost: most likely expensive af

E. Gadd Industries

Just get an onion ring, and everyone wins!
::) jk, but I dunno about prices for that. I can't be serious, sned hlep.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

InsigTurtle

There's cheap ones that you can get for maybe $25, but... I would not go for that, not sure if the quality is too good. There's a pretty wide range of prices, from around about a hundred up into the ten thousands.

mikey

The trick is it doesn't need to be expensive.  I've heard back in the day someone used a leather band as the engagement ring because they couldn't afford a ring.  Generally what I'd be more worried about is how pretty it looks.  If you are gonna propose to her congrats and good luck.  She's not going to ask you how much you paid on the ring either so you can keep it on the cheap end if cost is an issue.  It doesn't even need to be a diamond ring either.  My sister says she'd prefer just a solid like silver or something so really you've got a lot of leeway for what you think she would think is pretty while still being cost effective.  If expensive isn't your main concern, then more power to you you've got a lot of options.  My sister also says a huge factor in price is where you buy it, so if you can't afford it look somewhere else for something similar.
unmotivated

Bubbles

Quote from: Bubbles on September 17, 2016, 11:03:15 PMit's okay a good crowd showed up and i let most of it out :-) maybe stay tuned for a part 2 or a conclusion in this thread who knows
conclusion coming up

I'm officially his Supportive Female Friend (aka wingwoman) and I'm helping him get this other girl. Everyone's telling me he's just an ass and to drop him but if I can give him advice to help him be happy I'm not gonna be petty and pout I'll help him out

Zunawe

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 19, 2016, 04:04:09 PMThe trick is it doesn't need to be expensive.  I've heard back in the day someone used a leather band as the engagement ring because they couldn't afford a ring.  Generally what I'd be more worried about is how pretty it looks.  If you are gonna propose to her congrats and good luck.  She's not going to ask you how much you paid on the ring either so you can keep it on the cheap end if cost is an issue.  It doesn't even need to be a diamond ring either.  My sister says she'd prefer just a solid like silver or something so really you've got a lot of leeway for what you think she would think is pretty while still being cost effective.  If expensive isn't your main concern, then more power to you you've got a lot of options.  My sister also says a huge factor in price is where you buy it, so if you can't afford it look somewhere else for something similar.

TL;DR, If you think she would like it, it's a good engagement ring. Whether that means it's a precious metal or just looks nice. If it's obvious you put thought into it, that's probably enough for anybody that special.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

mikey

Quote from: Bubbles on September 19, 2016, 04:59:21 PMconclusion coming up

I'm officially his Supportive Female Friend (aka wingwoman) and I'm helping him get this other girl. Everyone's telling me he's just an ass and to drop him but if I can give him advice to help him be happy I'm not gonna be petty and pout I'll help him out
I wish I could be chattin
unmotivated

Bubbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 19, 2016, 05:13:04 PMI wish I could be chattin
I'm there rn if you want a real quick run down

edit: nvm my wifi is acting up i can't keep a signal :c sorry