News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

Quote from: Zunawe on May 11, 2017, 11:39:39 AM
Spoiler
Nobody said it was black and white. It wasn't that he was saying we were wrong, it's that he didn't seem to be listening. "Reject" may not have been the right word; "ignore" may be better.

Ultimately, there's no substitute for personal experience, and words can't impart wisdom. But it's always a good idea to listen to what somebody has to say. At that point it's completely up to you what to do with their perspective.

I didn't mean to tell him to follow the advice, but to ask him to acknowledge the message people were trying to get across, because he seemed to be missing the point.

(Sorry, cashwarrior, for talking like you're the absent subject of some big thing. Davy's post has kinda moved away from you specifically so I didn't want to drag you back in if this becomes a string.)
[close]

Thanks for clearing that up, Zunawe. I wanted to make sure that people here don't feel forced or pressured to follow advice, but since that wasn't the intention of your earlier post, I apologise for interpreting it like that.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

LeviR.star

I had a question: why on Earth do people cheat while dating? Is it that hard to just break up with your existing partner and start dating the one you want to be with? Is it so hard to stay content with who you already have? BTW, this currently has nothing to do with me. Just asking.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

AmpharosAndy

I think exactly the same thing, Levi. Some people are just unbelievably irrational.
innit

ThatHiddenCharacter

While most of the time those questions would fit a cheating situation, there are times when a person cheats on their partner and deeply regrets it. While cheating may be something that is hard to forgive, if a person can even forgive it, it doesn't always mean that the cheater doesn't love his/her partner. People make mistakes. But most of the time, it's just an asshole or a bitch that can't bother to break up with their partner or wants as many partners as possible. And before people go using the "no experience" crap against my statement, I know people (that are not kids or teens, but mature adults) that have gone through the situation I specified. Just because I'm a teen doesn't mean I don't know things. What you guys forget is that we may know people who have been through certain experiences. I have never dated, and therefore have never cheated, so on a personal, yes, I don't have any experience. But, on a experience-in-general level, I do know things because of people I've been with through their situations.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dudeman

All right, here's the basic motivation. Sometimes the charm that attracted one person to another starts to wear off after a considerable amount of time with that person. Let's say Person A was charmed by Person B and the two started a relationship. After some time, Person A still loves Person B, but the love has become more everyday and commonplace. Then, suddenly, Person A meets Person C. Person C is charming as well, and since Person A has missed that charmed feeling of attraction, they find themselves attracted to Person C. Their love for Person B might still be very strong, but it's not as fresh as the feeling they are now getting from Person C. At this point, Person A has several routes they may choose to take, but if you're asking about where the desire to cheat comes from, this is generally why.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Altissimo

I feel like I've heard that some people do it for the excitement that comes with having to sneak around like that. Which I kinda get but it's still a dick move lol

AmpharosAndy

Let's just say we don't understand and hope it doesn't happen to us. It's just as fun as it sounds (being that it doesn't sound fun hehe)
innit

Trainer Ave

I've literally had 5 different girls cheat on me with the same guy.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

AmpharosAndy

Ouch! At the same time?
innit

Trainer Ave

No but it was one after the other.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

AmpharosAndy

Did that guy reeeeally not like you or something? It's very oddly specific
innit

Trainer Ave

He was just an asshole in general. The funniest part was when the girls would realize this and try to come back across a bridge they'd just burned.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

"Steady dating" in general is a bad idea while you're still young, especially for you folks in high school.  The purpose of dating is more to create social situations that teach you how to interact with people of the opposite gender in a respectful way.  It can also help you discover what you like in potential partners. Dating the same person constantly not only doesn't really do either of those, it can also be seriously taxing on one's emotional health.  Some of my old buddies from high school have been called out for cheating or being players just because they went on a lot of dates.

So I'd say don't worry about it, just go on lots of dates and enjoy prom and each other's company.
unmotivated

AmpharosAndy

That is all very wise, Noc. I agree. I'm just a find-one-cool-dude-and-stick-with-'em kind of guy but I guess most people don't seem to want that, especially at my age. A good friendship is always suffice so I'll go for that first hehe
innit

Dudeman

I'm not against dating multiple people, but dating multiple people at the same time is just wrong.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book