News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Dino

Quote from: Bubbles on September 19, 2016, 04:59:21 PMconclusion coming up

I'm officially his Supportive Female Friend (aka wingwoman) and I'm helping him get this other girl. Everyone's telling me he's just an ass and to drop him but if I can give him advice to help him be happy I'm not gonna be petty and pout I'll help him out
he is an ass tbh for playing u, but I guess you're being the bigger person by still being his friend.

Ruto

Quote from: K-NiGhT on September 18, 2016, 09:27:26 PMHow much do you guys think is the average cost of an engagement ring?

A decent one would set you back ~$1200 (estimate based on what people on my facebook mark as their favorite rings---gag). But remember rings in general suck, especially if you have to wear gloves for work. If that's the case, don't spend *that* much. I hate jewelry in general but like art, so I really can't say much more. I heard about couples ring shopping together but I'm not sure if that would work out for you.

Geez, people talking about getting married already and here I am making my dream guy(s?) in the Sims and using the CAS generator to see what the offspring would look like. Relationships are otherwise ok

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ETFROXX

My ex-fiance, don't judge me, only spent $50. While I wasn't upset by this initially I think in a way I was upset he wasn't willing to get me something nicer, better quality. It wasn't like he didn't have the money or spend more than that on a video game regularly. Maybe I'm shallow, but that's my perspective.

Don't hate okay, I still loved my ring. :(

And no that's not why we broke up nor did it bother me THAT much. It was just kind of a thought in the back of my mind. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.

Zunawe

That's what I'm trying to get at. If she appreciates it, it certainly doesn't have to be $1000. It just has to show her what she means to you.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

In the same vein as PDS, but different, I've got a crush on a girl for the first time in a couple years. She's in my piano studio and she keeps telling my friend that I'm the cutest guy in the college's music department and she's super into me. I finally worked up the nerve to talk to her today and now we and a mutual friend are having dinner together tonight??? Let's see how this goes.

Btw this girl is beyond beautiful she's a transfer student from Korea and kinda tall and wears really quirky outfits and baseball caps and she's so nice you guys

But I've never done anything with a girl before. Let's find out how straight I actually am xD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

I'm going to wish you good luck slow
unmotivated

braix

Yesterday and today this girl in my history class gave me food, should I marry her

Spoiler
this is how you make people like me fall in love with you
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

cashwarrior1

Well, a lot happened at school today, and I really feel like talking about.

I don't want to be friends with one of my friends anymore because he's been constantly rude, not-caring, and frustrating and I don't want to deal with it anymore. Yesterday I was trying to show him something on my laptop, but my laptop wouldn't open anything and I was frustrated trying to get it to work. He's been asking if I wanted to see his "buddy" over the course of the past hour. I said no because the previous times, we were working, and right then I was trying to show him something. With me saying "no", he gets up and goes to get his "buddy". I finally get my laptop to start working and decide that I'm not going to show him the thing because he doesn't care. I then put my head down because I'm sad and angry. He comes back with a praying mantis in his hand (his "buddy") and seeing that I wasn't interested, he goes to a nearby table to get attention from others. It made me so angry that he chose to have attention over caring about why I was sad.
 Then today, he acts like nothing happened. I had a donut that I was going to give to another one of my friends and when we cross paths. He reaches out as if I was giving the donut to him. I hate how he always assumes things. I ignored him all first hour, hoping he would see that somethings wrong and want to know why, but he doesn't. The day goes on and he still thinks nothing's wrong. I'm done being friends with a person who doesn't care about me.
 On the more bright news, I also spent some time with another one of friends (the one who I had a crush on). I was going to give her a donut today, but she didn't want it, which is alright. I hung out with her at lunch, that was fun. The biggest thing that happened was during an assembly we had. We were expecting it to be an "anti-bullying" assembly, but it really was a "value" and "friendship" assembly. She was calling out for her friends to come sit next to her, although they did sit near us, they didn't seem to listen to her, so I sat next to her! At first, she didn't talk much, but as it got going, she started to open up much more. The assembly consisted of many small activities to do with your neighbor, and obviously I went with her. Later on, she started to choose to do things with me instead of trying with her other friends.
 The assembly said that the people you should hang out with should be encouraging to you to do things and help you make the right choices, they should help you out and be there for you, and they should care about you. I feel, that this new friend does these better than the old friend and I'm really excited to hang out with her!

Sorry this was super long, this has been on my mind all day.

Latios212

Part 2: Cool! 'Nuff said.

Part 1: Did you ever actually tell him how you felt? It seems like you were passively waiting for him to notice you. Of course while I have no idea who this person is, I can tell you from experience that it can be awfully easy sometimes to brush off someone inadvertently (and possible rudely) because your mind's somewhere else; it doesn't necessarily mean that he's disregarding you on purpose. Also some people are just thick-headed and you have to tell them explicitly what's up. If this person's really your friend, he should understand and work with you if you tell him how he's making you feel.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

If people ever passive agressively try and make me confront them, I play dumb. There's absolutely no reason not to be honest and upfront about how you feel.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

braix

Guys in high school are generally very self centered and don't think about others. You have to let them know how you feel. Girls will usually notice the smallest things and you won't have to say as much.
Of course this is a huge generalization, but from what I've seen it's mostly correct in a lot of scenarios.

Life is tough, you'll have to work around other people and can't expect them to work around you. Sorry if this is sounding harsh, not meaning it that way.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FireArrow on September 21, 2016, 08:06:48 PMIf people ever passive agressively try and make me confront them, I play dumb. There's absolutely no reason not to be honest and upfront about how you feel.

Pretty much same
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Onionleaf

I'm usually not very good at this "relationships" thing you speak of :P but know that I am always silently cheering you all on whenever I stop by this thread.

Personally, I find honesty to be so useful in any kind of relationship - even though it may hurt, it is often a better solution than keeping it all hidden away. (Not that I always manage to be honest, but I find that it helps resolve more serious conflicts)

cashwarrior1

I realize that telling him how I feel is the obvious solution, but I can't get myself to tell anybody how I feel. The people who I feel the most comfortable with I find hard to tell them. I don't really like to be sad or mad, so I try to stay happy all the time and whenever I have something to say, I don't want to sacrifice the happiness that was going on for that. But then again, I really need to tell people how I feel.

JDMEK5

Quote from: braixen1264 on September 21, 2016, 09:03:00 PMGuys in high school are generally very self centered and don't think about others. You have to let them know how you feel. Girls will usually notice the smallest things and you won't have to say as much.
This is true.
Quote from: Latios212 on September 21, 2016, 07:19:33 PMit can be awfully easy sometimes to brush off someone inadvertently (and possible rudely) because your mind's somewhere else; it doesn't necessarily mean that he's disregarding you on purpose. Also some people are just thick-headed and you have to tell them explicitly what's up. If this person's really your friend, he should understand and work with you if you tell him how he's making you feel.
This is true too. If I were in his scenario, it's very possible that 1) I didn't notice I had upset you, and 2) if I saw you somewhat upset, I may or may not inquire further. Personally I more often than not tend to let people open themselves up to me first when they want to chat. I'm totally there and all ears when they need, but I won't butt myself into their lives if they don't necessarily want me to. That characteristic of mine can be good, and it can be bad. It's kinda similar what FA said:
Quote from: FireArrow on September 21, 2016, 08:06:48 PMIf people ever passive agressively try and make me confront them, I play dumb. There's absolutely no reason not to be honest and upfront about how you feel.
Passive agressiveness won't work very well on me because, similarly, I likely won't respond much to it if at all. If, on the other hand, you're more blunt and straightforward, I'll definitely do my best to help the issue.

Also, the fact that he went and tried to show you what excited him so much (his "buddy") seems to suggest to me that he still totally values you as a friend. Actually, it's possible he was hurt when you showed no interest in his interest. Could'a seemed like you didn't care about what he wanted to share. That being said, I wasn't there so I don't know how it played out exactly but based on your explanation, there's my spin on the scenario. I mean, it sucks when they don't seem into what you're trying to share/explain (this can happen by accident), but from personal experience it's worse when they share everything (literally everything) with others instead without any particular reason. If that happens, it will be blatantly obvious you're being ignored and that means that there's some friendship issue. But if he's still showing you things I would think that that means everything up to that point is fairly a-ok.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26