News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

TWG XXVII: Trick of the Trade

Started by Mashi, January 28, 2012, 08:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

First to Raymond: Not guarding shadowkirby was not really stupid move, as you really could guess who the wolves are going to wolf.(Well you might be able to guess someone like Slow or Jub or Wry) but with most members on here not really being "noob players", you'd probably expect wolfish trickity-tricks instead of flat-out wolfing the most skilled player.

Also, in many of your posts(especially the really long one), it seems to me like you're just talking in circles.

Also what's the basis for the whole "kman was painted green" thing? Both Rayray and Slow are supporting it and I haven't been attentive enough to the game to know much of what has happened.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

As this is kman's first game, he said some things that you wouldn't expect to hear.
For example,

Quote(9:09:12 PM) shadowkirby: So
(9:09:14 PM) shadowkirby: Wry
(9:09:18 PM) shadowkirby: Are you a wolf?
(9:09:37 PM) Kman96: I thought we weren't supposed to tell anyone O.o
Things such as this led to suspicion of him. raymond says

Quote from: Raymondbl on January 30, 2012, 02:51:48 PMI think Kman should be seered.
*go to the post to see the full message.

I respond:
Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 30, 2012, 02:54:50 PMIf we announce to the thread who I'm going to seer, they're going to be painted red.
I have someone else in mind, anyways.

We also have to keep in mind that they could be one of two millers.

But then I seer him anyways.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Greg

Kman is looking more like a confused player in his first game to me than like a wolf, but the fact that Jub is defending Kman, maintaining that he wasn't painted despite the fact that it is possible, has brought another potential scenario to light for me. If Jub and Kman are wolves, then Jub could simply say that Kman was green without a painting even being necessary. Not very likely, but it's something to think about.

blueflower999

Quote from: Raymondbl on January 31, 2012, 11:58:13 AMGuys I've got a gut feeling that one of the wolves last game is also a wolf this game.  That means SFK, Wry, or Blueflower.  Though gut feelings aren't really reliable, just wanted to throw this out... just in case I'm right.
I'm not a wolf. And I'm being a little inactive, sorry guys! And I'm going to vote K-N for being a little over suspicious of Raymond and partially for a safety too.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Raymondbl

Quote from: xK-NiGhTx on January 31, 2012, 02:00:05 PMOops...i dunno where i heard red. Sorry Kman. Changing to Raymondbl cuz of his strange behavior.
strange behavior... really nice reason.  If you really are going to vote for me, at least give quotes of what you think is strange, and I will either explain myself or say defense is futile and die.  Btw one vote means alot, so watch who you vote for. And isn't Kman's behavior strange?  Seriously, why is everyone forgetting about him?  See below.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 31, 2012, 02:09:54 PMAlso, in many of your posts(especially the really long one), it seems to me like you're just talking in circles.

That's because I tried to make it so that it was IMPOSSIBLE to misunderstand me, because of what ALWAYS happens to me in ANY argument, people misunderstand, misinterpret, or otherwise completely destroy my meaning, and the end result is the worst possible.  That's why I repeat, restate, clarify, do anything to make it so I'm not misunderstood. I'm sick of it.  If you remember, most of the arguments I have ever been in were made by misunderstandings. 

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 31, 2012, 02:09:54 PMAlso what's the basis for the whole "kman was painted green" thing? Both Rayray and Slow are supporting it and I haven't been attentive enough to the game to know much of what has happened.

As I have already stated before, but some of you ignored is that -

1.  It was obvious Jub was going to seer Kman

2.  What would you do if you were the wolf painter?  Who except Kman would you have painted that phase?  He is the most likely to be seered, no matter what Jub did or would have said, and the most suspected.  There was not one other suspect at the time. 

SFK - 1 vote by Dude
Slow - 1 vote by Verm
Kman - 1 vote by me!??
Raymond - 2 votes by xK-N and Slow.

Slow and xK-N and SFK, I have already explained myself.  If you still have questions, ask them while I still have a chance to defend myself.  I still don't see why people aren't suspecting Kman anymore. 
Quote from: gzgregory on January 31, 2012, 03:59:15 PMKman is looking more like a confused player in his first game to me than like a wolf, but the fact that Jub is defending Kman, maintaining that he wasn't painted despite the fact that it is possible, has brought another potential scenario to light for me. If Jub and Kman are wolves, then Jub could simply say that Kman was green without a painting even being necessary. Not very likely, but it's something to think about.
Exactly one of my thoughts. As stated here to Jub -
Quote from: Raymondbl on January 31, 2012, 12:23:53 PMAn alternative theory is that you are a wolf. 

I am working on Jub at the moment. 

BTW if anyone thinks I'm posting so much as to be annoying, let me know. 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Jub3r7

Quote from: gzgregory on January 31, 2012, 03:59:15 PMKman is looking more like a confused player in his first game to me than like a wolf, but the fact that Jub is defending Kman, maintaining that he wasn't painted despite the fact that it is possible, has brought another potential scenario to light for me. If Jub and Kman are wolves, then Jub could simply say that Kman was green without a painting even being necessary. Not very likely, but it's something to think about.
Defending him because I think he's human and not many other people are defending him.  :(

In fact, I sorta tried to defend raymond and slow after verm voted them because I could argue against the reasoning behind his votes; I can see your perspective but I don't really agree with it.

My style of play is a little different from most people; I have an easier time guessing who's human rather than who's a wolf, and from the remaining list of people I guess the wolves.

Also, I might be slightly biased because if he really was a wolf then my seering fake-out didn't actually work. D:
But honestly I like to think it did.

Raymondbl

After looking at Jub's previous posts, he does not seem like a wolf to me.  He gave us some ideas that a wolf would not want us to think of. 

Jub, do you agree that you would have painted Kman if you were a wolf? 

Jub3r7

I honestly don't think I would have, but like I said, I'm biased because I want to think it worked.  :(

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 31, 2012, 04:35:17 PMDefending him because I think he's human and not many other people are defending him.  :(

In fact, I sorta tried to defend raymond and slow after verm voted them because I could argue against the reasoning behind his votes; I can see your perspective but I don't really agree with it.

My style of play is a little different from most people; I have an easier time guessing who's human rather than who's a wolf, and from the remaining list of people I guess the wolves.

Also, I might be slightly biased because if he really was a wolf then my seering fake-out didn't actually work. D:
But honestly I like to think it did.

Yeah I don't think your defense was uncalled for or odd. You're kind of playing devil's advocate and looking at everything. I...think I'm sticking with Raymond, mostly because I'm not sure about Kman and have no real other leads.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Actually, I probably would have wolfed a more experienced player such as SFK, Wry, Verm, or Slow.
Then paint either another experienced player or maybe even Swooper.

In fact, I think I was planning to seer him but suspected that he would suspect that I would want to seer him so I seered kman  instead, albeit what I said previously.

e: ninja'd by slow, brb google defining devil's advocate lol

Jub3r7

Yep, the latter part of the definition sounds about right. Don't I always do that?

Raymondbl

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 31, 2012, 04:51:17 PMI honestly don't think I would have, but like I said, I'm biased because I want to think it worked.  :(
I think you do have a bit of bias, Jub.  Sorry. 

I do not see how Kman was not painted.  Just do not see how.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 31, 2012, 04:52:05 PMYeah I don't think your defense was uncalled for or odd. You're kind of playing devil's advocate and looking at everything. I...think I'm sticking with Raymond, mostly because I'm not sure about Kman and have no real other leads.
I have already explained myself, and if you still think I'm suspicious you should tell me what is still suspicious about me so that I can explain myself and not be lynched.  You have no excuse. 

After looking back at my posts, I think I am being a little overzealous. And a little overactive.  I think I'm by far the most active person right now. 

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 31, 2012, 04:54:21 PMActually, I probably would have wolfed a more experienced player such as SFK, Wry, Verm, or Slow.
Then paint either another experienced player or maybe even Swooper.
Wolfing is out of the question. 

No one was suspected at all.  No one, except for Kman.  They paint the most suspected person, not the most experienced, just like I should have guarded the most likely wolfing candidate instead of the most experienced. 

SlowPokemon

Saying you don't see how he possibly wasn't painted? That's extreme. :o there's still a chance he is a human.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Quote from: Raymondbl on January 31, 2012, 05:01:00 PMWolfing is out of the question. 

No one was suspected at all.  No one, except for Kman.  They paint the most suspected person, not the most experienced, just like I should have guarded the most likely wolfing candidate instead of the most experienced. 
Shadowkirby's wolfing could easily been made to frame kman. :/

Jub3r7

And honestly all of the "suspicion" on him was debate on whether his behavior was explained by his inexperience or by a wolf role; the only reason I seered him is because you suggested it and I took advantage of the fact that I made it appear that I wasn't.