NasiDe's Arrangements: All Kingdom Hearts sheets up to date!!

Started by NasiDe, January 24, 2012, 05:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like me to completely redo my arrangements that I worked on prior to receiving PDFs?

Completely rearrange sheets
1 (16.7%)
Update sheets
4 (66.7%)
Leave them as is
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 05, 2013, 09:08:44 AM

spitllama

I figured the FF7 arrangement was different than the KH one. Plus there was no evidence of an edit so I couldn't tell you changed your mind.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

NasiDe

There is no FFVII version of the arrangement present. The "(From Final Fantasy VII)" has actually been a part of the song title in the soundtrack listing, which is why it was written that way. There hasn't been an edit except to add one new song to my lists and to say which songs I specifically would not update, which had been edited in before your post, so there wouldn't be evidence to show  editing or changing of mind. Sorry if that mixed things up or made things unclear.

NasiDe

Added "All Hallow's Eve" from Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, the song that plays in Halloween Town before Jack Skelington arrives. It is an alternate version of "This Is Halloween" and is never officially recognized on any of the soundtracks, so the title it has been given is a made up name that I'd read elsewhere that I also felt fit the song.

Edit: On that note, I've started work on "This is Halloween", and I have to say that working on it is incredible fun since I get to interact with so many layers at once and I have to deal with having to figure out the placement of the repeat and everything since I can't change time signatures mid-arrangement. It makes for tons of fun and is a very rare and good experience. I'm not going to say it's very fun, but. It sure is an experience.

NasiDe

I'm adding a note here to say that all of my arranging is currently on pause due to school and I will try to get back to them when I can.

Additionally, I have finally gained permission from Gyakusheets to use their transcriptions as a method of collaboration to arrange works from the Ace Attorney series.

NasiDe

After very nearly a year, I'm finally bumping and updating my personal arrangement thread.

For some time now I've been free from school and most other time-consuming responsibilities (at least for now), including school and role-playing administrative work. Tales of Hyrule RPG, once known as NinSheetMusic RPG, has closed down; a new role-play has been created in its absence, however it is currently inactive.

In spite of all this free time, I have been taking a huge break from almost everything and been completely inactive until just these past couple weeks. Because of this, I figured that I may as well get at least somewhat active again. Over the course of the next few days, I will be working on updating the sheets so that they are less cluttered, moving them all to dropbox, and replacing the links all over again.

Though I may, I have no plans to continue working on sheets any time soon. My main point here is: don't expect them. If I do get to them, I will be working on completing what I can of the remaining music from Kingdom Hearts Original Soundtrack Complete and any others in the series before getting to anything in the Ace Attorney series as promised.

In the meantime, all I will absolutely promise for now is updates in links and cleaner sheets.

Maelstrom

Will you be doing Lord of the Castle, if you ever get back to arranging?

NasiDe

I've finished cleaning up and editing every single one of the links for the songs that I've arranged that are covered by Kingdom Hearts Soundtrack Complete, which includes Kingdom Hearts (Final Mix), Kingdom Hearts II (Final Mix +), and Kingdom Hearts: (Re:)Chain of Memories. As such, all three posts that cover these games have been completely cleaned up and re-linked.

To maelstrom: I have uploaded arrangements for "March Caprice for Piano and Orchestra", "Lord of the Castle", and "Darkness of the Unknown" during the cleaning. Unfortunately, I consider each of these arrangements 'incomplete'; while they do reach the end of the songs, there are certain parts in each that I feel need to be edited. On these pieces, I'll accept help in trying to fix them since I'm not entirely sure how to do so myself. However, they are there now.

Maelstrom

Thanks! I'll see what I can do.  :)

edit: I'm not sure I can do much for that song. :( It'll either end up as something boring, something Bespinben would arrange, or something inconsistent and in the middle

NasiDe

Don't worry about it, I really appreciate you trying. If I can find new resources for those songs (exception being March Caprice since I plain don't have the resources to fix it), I'll get to them.

----

Next I'll probably get to cleaning up the sheets for the Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep & 358/2 Days Original Soundtrack (which fails to mention Re:Coded in its name for some reason?).

NasiDe

Since many of the songs in the Kingdom Hearts repeatedly recur throughout the series, when submitting should I only ever submit one where the song first originally appeared or go ahead and submit in the sheets for every single game the song is in?

Posting it in my thread since this doesn't really seem to happen too often with other game series. Not that I can think of at least.

Maelstrom

Just the first game it appeared in, unless it is different enough to warrant a new arrangement.

NasiDe

Example being usual "Destiny Islands" versus CoM's "Destiny Islands." Or CoM's "The 13th Struggle" versus other versions. All right, gotcha. Thanks for the input!

Gonna finish cleaning up and updating the rest of the links and then after that I'll start submitting.

All sheets cleaned up and all links updated!

Afterwards, I may finally get to arranging some of the Ace Attorney series. as previously promised.

NasiDe

I'm starting to submit my sheets... However, I'm unsure whether or not to include a collaboration arranger.

On most of my sheets the original PDF arrangements were made for numerous instruments while I alone made the piano arrangement. We worked on our arrangements individually, however we collaborated in arranging most of the songs in the Kingdom Hearts series in the same project.

Does anyone have any input as to what I should do here?

Maelstrom

Ask them what they think. If they don't care, it doesn't matter.

The Deku Trombonist

If you need to add an arranger who isn't a forum member, send me a message and I'll add them to the list.