News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

TWG XXVI Player Sign-ups

Started by davy, January 15, 2012, 12:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

TWG XXVI: Let's duel!

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Raymondbl

I agree, this game is so complicated that I think we can reuse these mechanics, and we might be able to add spell cards later, we want to get the hang of this first.  Though, I can't play, because I'm banned, and I wouldn't be playing even if I weren't banned.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

davy

With so many rules I managed to overlook some of them. I updated the first post but to prevent people from having to read them a seccond time I'll post them here.

Both guardians cannot guard themselves.

A monster counts as banned if it's banned in the TCG Advanced or OCG, as limmited if it's limmited in one of the two but not banned in the other, and semi-limited if it's semi-limmited in one of them but not limmeted or banned in the other.

When a monster is summoned or set by tributing any number of face-down monsters, all face-down monsters used to tribute it are revealled to the topic.

Quote from: Raymondbl on January 15, 2012, 05:48:57 AMI agree, this game is so complicated that I think we can reuse these mechanics, and we might be able to add spell cards later, we want to get the hang of this first.  Though, I can't play, because I'm banned, and I wouldn't be playing even if I weren't banned.

I am aware that we could reuse the mechanics. The point is that spell cards make the game WAY more fun, but also a lot more complicated. That was the reason I decided to ask the players wether or not to use spell cards.

Another thing to note is that not only spell cards, but also trap cards, ritual monsters, fusion monster, synchro monsters and XYZ monsters aren't present too. We would need a lot of games if we want to introduce them one in a game.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Winter

Hell no. I'm not playing a game like this.

K-NiGhT

I was gonna play, then i read the rules again. Yeah...out. sorry.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

blueflower999

Quote from: xK-NiGhTx on January 15, 2012, 08:40:32 AMI was gonna play, then i read the rules again. Yeah...out. sorry.
Same here... Sorry Davy.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Raymondbl

I have played Yu-Gi-Oh! cards before and am perfectly familiar with the mechanics, so I would play in a game like this, but others probably don't know much about it... now though I agree this is probably the extreme limit for a TWG game and spell and trap cards would be unacceptable, not even mentioning fusion monsters and synchro.  I love the teams idea, but I think we need to get rid of the card game mechanics (until we think of something simpler) because TWG just isn't like that. 

Mashi

Wow.
This looks like very fun game, but unfortunately, I have to agree with everyone else that this is too intricate.  I can certainly see this being played in real life, however, so if you're truly interested in playing this, I suggest that you play with your friends, since this seems like a fun game to play if played properly.

If you're still interested in hosting, then send me a PM with a simpler game and if it looks good, you could host it.

Sorry again, davy!  I suppose it's my fault for not asking to see your game in the first place.

Also, Raymondbl, I'm not sure about master_gamer38, but I'm willing to amnesty your behaviour, since you're (hopefully) contrite.  I'll speak to him about removing your ban, since your behaviour on the forum has improved.

blueflower999

Quote from: Mashi on January 15, 2012, 02:37:08 PMAlso, Raymondbl, I'm not sure about master_gamer38, but I'm willing to amnesty your behaviour, since you're (hopefully) contrite.  I'll speak to him about removing your ban, since your behaviour on the forum has improved.
This is going to be interesting. And, Davy, I would be interested if you could come up with a simpler game.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Raymondbl

Quote from: Mashi on January 15, 2012, 02:37:08 PMAlso, Raymondbl, I'm not sure about master_gamer38, but I'm willing to amnesty your behaviour, since you're (hopefully) contrite.  I'll speak to him about removing your ban, since your behaviour on the forum has improved.
Thank you, and I definitely think I won't be the cause of arguments anymore.  I still think that Slowpokemon's actions in that TWG game are not justified, but I realise I handled the situation very badly and the conflict could have been resolved much quicker, with little harm.  My apologies to Master_gamer38.

Quote from: Mashi on January 15, 2012, 02:37:08 PMIf you're still interested in hosting, then send me a PM with a simpler game and if it looks good, you could host it.

Davy, I have two suggestions for you.  The first one I already mentioned, get rid of the Yu-Gi-Oh concept alltogether.  The second....

These are my ideas so far.  It's alot to read, but I think it's simpler and more practical than Davy's first version. 

1. Ditch Defence and instead just have life points. when a player attacks with their monster's voting power the person's life points get lowered by the monster's attack. There is no real "lynching."  Just every day phase, players vote for their target, and at the end of the phase their life points get lowered.  if it gets to zero, the target (obviously) dies and is "lynched." In this manner, more than two people can be killed per day phase, or none at all.  the ratio of average attack power to life points should be 1:6, 1:8, or 1:10. 

2. Every player starts with two monsters chosen for them each level 3 or 4, and all monsters should should not have more than 200-300 points deviation from the game's average attack power (you can change this to no deviation at all if you want).  They cannot obtain any more monsters, and there is no set or summon. Only one monster can attack per phase.  On the third day phase, any monster's effects will be useable and you will be able to sacrifice both of your monsters to obtain one monster of your attribute that the host approves of.  Also on the third day phase, you can now attack with both of your monsters.

SlowPokemon

Davy--we appreciate that you took the time to think this out, but I must concur directly with winter. I'm not totally sure I'd even play any game, though, as last game a lot of unexpected things came up irl and I didn't really remember to give the game adequate thought because of that; I don't really want to repeat that and play if I couldn't take time each night to analyze everything. It's obviously more fun to just go with it, but in the long run it's a better game if you think about everything.

Raymond--perhaps, I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'm willing to offer an apology should you accept it.

In accordance with another subject I vote we put the past behind us and remove Ray's ban a second time. Or at least a probation game or something? It brings another player, which is always good, and he's really been on his best behavior lately.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Raymondbl

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 15, 2012, 06:09:25 PMRaymond--perhaps, I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'm willing to offer an apology should you accept it.
Apology accepted. Now that I've been in this community longer, I realize no one in this community is a bad person.  I just have to be less annoying.

and, forgot to add to my idea of the game, that effects for the monsters should only be given to one human on each team, or else a person would have too much power/responsibility on their hands.  Wolfing is the same as normal.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Raymondbl on January 15, 2012, 06:24:12 PMApology accepted. Now that I've been in this community longer, I realize no one in this community is a bad person.  I just have to be less annoying.

Nah. The internet is very sardonic. It has a very, very odd way of communicating and a very unorthodox sense of humor. And even though this is unfair, it treats newcomers like they should already know that. We all forget that we were new to the internet at one point. I'm trying not to be so judgmental in that respect as of late. So you weren't being that annoying, just people jumped on you because you were a little annoying in a lot of areas. And you spoke about antihomosexual views, which is never a good idea, especially when you're on the internet, and especially especially when you're on a forum with several active homosexual members. Lessons of life.

[/totesontopic]
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

davy

Quote from: Mashi on January 15, 2012, 02:37:08 PMWow.
This looks like very fun game, but unfortunately, I have to agree with everyone else that this is too intricate.  I can certainly see this being played in real life, however, so if you're truly interested in playing this, I suggest that you play with your friends, since this seems like a fun game to play if played properly.

If you're still interested in hosting, then send me a PM with a simpler game and if it looks good, you could host it.

Sorry again, davy!  I suppose it's my fault for not asking to see your game in the first place.

Also, Raymondbl, I'm not sure about master_gamer38, but I'm willing to amnesty your behaviour, since you're (hopefully) contrite.  I'll speak to him about removing your ban, since your behaviour on the forum has improved.

The last few games weren't even posted in the sing-ups topic, so I could've just say pplz could start singing up without posting a game. I'm glad I didn't did that.

Oh, and about playing with my friends: I don't have enough friends to play a TWG in real life anymore, let alone friends who know a lot about YGO, since the players knowing a lot about it will easilly overule the players that don't.

Quote from: Raymondbl on January 15, 2012, 05:59:17 PM
Quote from: Mashi on January 15, 2012, 02:37:08 PMIf you're still interested in hosting, then send me a PM with a simpler game and if it looks good, you could host it.

Davy, I have two suggestions for you.  The first one I already mentioned, get rid of the Yu-Gi-Oh concept alltogether.  The second....

These are my ideas so far.  It's alot to read, but I think it's simpler and more practical than Davy's first version. 

1. Ditch Defence and instead just have life points. when a player attacks with their monster's voting power the person's life points get lowered by the monster's attack. There is no real "lynching."  Just every day phase, players vote for their target, and at the end of the phase their life points get lowered.  if it gets to zero, the target (obviously) dies and is "lynched." In this manner, more than two people can be killed per day phase, or none at all.  the ratio of average attack power to life points should be 1:6, 1:8, or 1:10. 

2. Every player starts with two monsters chosen for them each level 3 or 4, and all monsters should should not have more than 200-300 points deviation from the game's average attack power (you can change this to no deviation at all if you want).  They cannot obtain any more monsters, and there is no set or summon. Only one monster can attack per phase.  On the third day phase, any monster's effects will be useable and you will be able to sacrifice both of your monsters to obtain one monster of your attribute that the host approves of.  Also on the third day phase, you can now attack with both of your monsters.

Thanks for comming with such good ideas Raymond. However, the first idea (removing card mechanics) isn't really doable because if players decide to reveal their teams the winner would be the team who wolfed the first.

The other idea on the other hand, is brilliant! The only real problem I see is that players are going to overule the others by summoning beatstics like Super Conductor Tyranno or Ultimate Obedient Fiend, but those can be stopped by effect monsters if played correctly. Also, wolfings would still be instant death which could be easily used to get rid of players using those staples. Another thing to note is that players should be carefull when voting that it's not revealled with which attribute their playing (because otherwise, they can become very easy wolf targets.

Other than that it seems really good. I'd like to give the players 10,000 life points so that they don't go down to easily (the average attack chosen will most likely be just below 2000, so it's like 1:5).

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 15, 2012, 06:09:25 PMDavy--we appreciate that you took the time to think this out, but I must concur directly with winter. I'm not totally sure I'd even play any game, though, as last game a lot of unexpected things came up irl and I didn't really remember to give the game adequate thought because of that; I don't really want to repeat that and play if I couldn't take time each night to analyze everything. It's obviously more fun to just go with it, but in the long run it's a better game if you think about everything.

Slow, could you chose more siple wording? I didn't understeand anything of what you said there.

So yeah, Mashi, I'm going with Ray's idea if that's okay with you (and of course, if there are enough players liking it).

master_gamer38

I haven't been around lately. Gettin' into the college life again. (Also, Star Wars: The Old Republic.)

I barely skimmed the last game, and just noticed it ended. I have not read all of the posts in this topic either. I have seen my name mentioned more than once though.

davy: To be frank, the game is way to intricate to host. If there was a more dedicated TWG community here, maybe. But as of right now, people don't want to work that hard on TWG. Mashi has basically already said similar. As he said, pm him a simpler one. Also, the previous games were more about getting players to join, so and then a game would be decided on amongst those players, just so the game doesn't hang while waiting for one more player or something.

Raymondbl: I am willing to revoke the ban based upon the input of the other players. As previously stated, I have not seen your behaviour as of lately, but it would appear as if it has been changed. However, it needs to be mentioned that I will be monitoring you in TWG for a while.

I believe that will be all.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.