News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

TWG XXV: Minesweeper Post Game

Started by Jub3r7, January 14, 2012, 11:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

TWG XX: Minesweeper Post Game

Mine A - popo
Mine C - spitllama
(Human) - Wrydryn

Mine B - Winter
(Human) - SFK
(Human) - Dude

Mine D - gzgregory
(Human) - davy
(Human) - blueflower

(Human) - vermillionvermin
(Human) - x-K-NiGhTx
(Human) - SlowPokemon

All blues and humans are randomly placed in a group, and each person is told the names of the people that are in their group.
It's up to them to figure out whether they're in a group with one wolf, two wolves, or even none at all.

Mine A would only know Mine B, while Mine C would only know Mine D, and each pair gets one wolfing per night.
A wolf will not be aware if there is another wolf in their group.

Roles:
Guardian - Sends me a pm during the night phase with one name, and that person can not be wolfed. They are aware of the Psychic, and can not guard him/herself.
Psychic - Sends me a pm during the night phase, and is told the number of remaining wolves. This player is aware of the Guardian.
Innocent - If this player dies, then the Protective Mine also dies. The player is not told that they are the innocent.
Human
Human
Human
Human
Human

Protective Mine - Guards one person per night (excluding him/herself) and is aware of the innocent. This player is paired with a normal mine and is not told the identity of the Psycho Mine.
Psycho mine - Sends me a pm during the night phase, and is told the number of remaining wolves, as opposed to the number of blues left. The player is paired with a normal mine and is not told the identity of the Protective Mine.
Mine
Mine

Role List:
1. Winter - Regular mine with popo.
2. blueflower999 - Human
3. vermilionvermin - The Innocent
4. Wrydryn - Human
5. xK-NiGhTx - Human

6. SlowPokemon - Guardian
7. spitllama - Regular mine with gzgregory.
8. SuperAWESOMEFireAWESOMEKirby - Psychic
9. popo - Protective Mine with Winter.
10. gzgregory - Psycho Mine with spitllama.

11. davy - Human
12. Dude - Human

Will analyze people l8r!!!
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

davy

Am I allowed to make a signup topic?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

spitllama

I really blew this game up. Yes I sent that PM at the very start. I had just received my role PM and interpreted it as saying "here are your mine buddies!" Eff. I even sent a PM to Jub explaining the situation, but it was too late.

Ah well, there will always be some bad games. Sorry for that guys (especially gzg).
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

blueflower999

So Slow WAS the Guardian. Ha. It wasn't the best game I've ever played, but it was certainly fun. Thanks for hosting, Jub.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

vermilionvermin

Just out of curiousity, who made the Night 1 wolfing?

Jub3r7

Both teams, even after they found each other.  :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

spitllama

Yah Winter and I both voted for Wry xD It was just bad.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Mashi

Winter

I voted for Wry with a specific pm to spitllama saying: I am voting for Wry, you please vote for somebody else.

Apparently nothing got read correctly in this game. It's TWG. PAY ATTENTION!!!

Greg

Man, that was a wolf miscommunication fiasco. Every time I'm a wolf I swear I mess up the wolfing PM somehow, that made it a walkover for the humans >_>
Sorry fellow wolves  :-\

Winter

The end was really just a game of wits between me and the other humans. In this game the wolves had a major advantage with the dual wolving. If we had correctly wolved any of the four nights, I could've won the game for us (assuming that PM still revealed everything, and popo did what he did) .

I could've hidden in the shadows the way I did for the entire game and have killed everyone off before the phase that we ended on. because I knew all the wolves and the psychic from the beginning.

I had /no/ reason to kill SFK because they already knew there was one wolf left. Basically....

When the game started and I was told I was partnered with popo, I just didn't want to play anymore (no offense). But obviously I was right in thinking that everybody was going to screw it up for my team...

I turned the game around to be me against everybody (just to see how far I could make it), didn't care about the fellow wolves as they all screwed it up.

Regardless, I'm pretty proud of how far I made it without any suspicions.

K-NiGhT

You did very well, Winter. It was fun.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Wrydryn

Making two posts now to make sure this one doesn't over looked.

I typed the next post up mid-game and I really don't feel like revising it. Feel free to scrutinize it anyway you'd like, I don't mind, it was more of an in the moment thing for me anyways.

Sorry I couldn't be more help during this game, but I feel like I set us off on the right foot leading to our victory.

Wrydryn

Mine A - Spitllama *dead*
Mine C - Popo *dead*
(protective mine)
(Human) - Wry *dead*

Mine B - Gz *dead*
(Human) - Davy

(Human) - (Blueflower?) *dead*

Mine D - Winter
(Human) - Dude
(Human) - SFK - Psychic

(Human) - Vermillionvermin
(Human) - (Slow?)(Guardian?)
(Human) - (xK?)

Latest edit as of 1/12 for this chart. (Yay I was completely right)
Bold is what is known to everyone.
Guardian?
Innocent? (Doesn't matter anymore)
Missing players: xK-nightx, Slowpokemon, blueflower

Great game guys, here's my rant/analysis of what was going on and my problems with it.

Original message sent to me:
Quote from: Spitllama"Let's do this mines. Alliance (with lots of communication) starts now!"
This was sent to myself, popo, and gz from Spit. All of which are wolfs except for me. So I'm surprised you didn't look back on it for confirmation.

I originally shared this with Winter in the irc since nobody else was there to chat about it (get on there guys |:<). This was both a good and bad move.

Good because it attracted a lynching from both parties to me, which in turn saved us from a dual wolfing. This also should've attracted attention to Winter since if he were a wolf he would want to wolf me for sharing this, I also believe I didn't tell SFK about it at this time.

Bad because it but the wolf pair of Winter and Popo in contact with Gz and Spit.

Message to SFK - Part of my message was cut out due to formatting but the added part is in italics
Quote from: WryNot sure how this claiming is working but since your the alleged seer, I'm spilling all of it.

For starters, my group.
It consists of Myself, Popo, and Spitllama.

Not sure if Winter told you this (discussed it in irc with him) but based on a message spitllama sent to my group that went as follows there is major caution needed:

Quote from: Spitllama"Let's do this mines. Alliance (with lots of communication) starts now!"

This message was sent to Myself, popo, AND Gzgregory.
From who this was sent to and the message contained, it leads me to think that Spitllama thought that the four of us were the wolfs/mines and had sent it also to his wolf partner, Gzgreg.

So this means a few things.
Either my group has two wolfs in it with popo being part of another pair
Or Popo is human and gzgreg is part of a group with another wolf.

Take caution with my group and gzgreg's group, it's basically proven that one of the two is a two wolf group.

Best wait until morning to share this publicly, but if anything I'll announce it to take the heat. It could also lead to figuring out who is the innocent.

With the release of this information publicly by SFK it led you guys to vote for a wolf. But when Winter mentioned his end of my conversation not much was different and I think you should've questioned him for it and you could've had his role revealed very quickly since he was the one leading the wolfs. He also posted before SFK and didn't mention anything of it even though it was crucial information. He had also voted for Davy even though I mentioned Spit or Gz being a better choice to lynch.
Worth mentioning now too, Winter seemed a little wolfy when I was chatting with him and probably ultimately lead to my downfall. But I should've mention in my message. But this pretty much led to me knowing Winter was a wolf as soon as I died.

Quote from: WinterRegardless, what Wry said about discussing that in IRC with me is true. He told me to wait until the day phase when he released the information before I discussed it with anyone. *shrug*

Always always always ask for logs from the irc channel!

To continue, a night where there was no wolfing does not always mean inactivity. In this game it could've either meant a dual wolfing on one person, a wolf waiting it out, both pairs of wolfs waiting it out, inactivity, or they couldn't wolf. So investigate more in depth for instances like these.

As for my chart above, I started it night one filling in what I knew and continued it after death. If this chart was kept publicly you should've been able to find out the wolf groupings very fast. I had also mentioned that either my group in the dual wolf group or gz's in my message to SFK. Kudos to Verm for making that short post with the group format. You should've expanded on it though and SFK could've shared the group information in the topic. If I was able to correctly guess everything from the grave you should've been able to guess it while alive.

Also, <3 SFK for his message defending Davy. You guys get jumpy when it comes to inactivity. Refer to what I said above.

As for what happened with Dude's death, at this point it should have been more clear that Winter was a wolf. He was the one that pushed the insta and caused his death when the votes started to lean towards him.

With my death you guys should've been able to guess all the wolfs day one, except for Popo. But nonetheless a great job was done.

One last thing I almost forgot, the Manti rule. Remember it! It's a rule that basically says experienced players that don't get wolfed first are most likely a wolf unless proven otherwise. This rule can also apply to experienced players here, that they wolf experienced players first rather than a random wolfing.