News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Measure Numbers

Started by Olimar12345, January 12, 2012, 09:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

This needs to be uniform. (now is the best time to deal with it, since we're cleaning up sheets anyway)
Currently, we have:
-Numbers at the begining of each system
-Numbers on every measure
-No numbers at all

Imo, numbers at the begining of each system works the best and looks the cleanest. Discuss.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I agree, number the beginning of each system, which I believe is Finale's default anyway.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

The default is at the begining of each system, not each measure. Is this what you meant?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

spitllama

Beginning of each line/system
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345

Lets get this added to the formatting guidelines in the "What should your sheet look like?" thread.

insaneintherain

Quote from: spitllama on January 12, 2012, 01:25:46 PMBeginning of each line/system
I agree. Rehearsal marks would be nice, but not as necessary as measure numbers.

JDMEK5

My music program of choice puts them at every new line; or with an imported midi, every 5.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

insaneintherain

Quote from: JDMEK5 on February 20, 2012, 03:39:32 PMMy music program of choice puts them at every new line; or with an imported midi, every 5.
Which program do you use?