News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

TWG XXV: Minesweeper

Started by Jub3r7, December 31, 2011, 12:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vermilionvermin

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 08, 2012, 06:53:06 AMPLEASE READ AND STOP USING THE PHRASE AUTOWIN. It is inaccurate.

It's accurate assuming Popo was a wolf, Spitllama was a wolf, and the Guardian is anyone but Wry.  All of these things are likely.

For Popo:  Were I simply going off who was more likely to be a wolf, I would have voted Popo Day 1.  However, I knew that no matter what, we'd get two lynches based upon the numbers.  There's a difference between Bird saying he was a wolf last game and Popo saying he was a mine this game.  Bird was an experienced player used to playing on a forum where joking about being a wolf was acceptable.  I can remember at least one game in which someone's first post was "lol hi guys i'm the wolf" and he wasn't suspected at all for it.  Popo had never played TWG before, and was caught off guard by the question.  He likely was legitimately confused by being the mine.  He also was the least active player in a game in which one wolf pair never wolfed.

For Spitllama:  Unless people think that Wry wolfed himself for no reason, I think we can agree that Spitllama was a wolf.

For Wry not being the guardian:  There's only a 1/6 chance of him being the guardian.  He can't be any of the four wolves or the innocent or the Psychic.

@Slow:  Say why you think it's inaccurate that it's autowin for us.  Just saying "NO IT'S NOT" doesn't really address the fact that, assuming the guardian's alive, the only way we can lose is people not voting.  First we can start with gz's group (I think gz is the most likely wolf) and lynch everyone in it (except for guardian/psychics) until we find the wolf.  If there is no wolf, we move on to the next group.  Then we lynch anyone who isn't a guardian or a psychic in that group.  By then, we know for a fact that there will only be one wolf left.  There will also be two specials left.  We lynch everyone left until there's the two specials and the wolf.

This is obviously Jub's decision, but I think at the point where it's just "lynch everyone but the specials because we know we're going to win" the game loses its fun.  If it really is just two people left who are wolves and there aren't any shenanigans, it's time to end the game without it becoming super boring.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: vermilionvermin on January 08, 2012, 12:22:57 PMIt's accurate assuming Popo was a wolf, Spitllama was a wolf, and the Guardian is anyone but Wry.  All of these things are likely.

For Popo:  Were I simply going off who was more likely to be a wolf, I would have voted Popo Day 1.  However, I knew that no matter what, we'd get two lynches based upon the numbers.  There's a difference between Bird saying he was a wolf last game and Popo saying he was a mine this game.  Bird was an experienced player used to playing on a forum where joking about being a wolf was acceptable.  I can remember at least one game in which someone's first post was "lol hi guys i'm the wolf" and he wasn't suspected at all for it.  Popo had never played TWG before, and was caught off guard by the question.  He likely was legitimately confused by being the mine.  He also was the least active player in a game in which one wolf pair never wolfed.

For Spitllama:  Unless people think that Wry wolfed himself for no reason, I think we can agree that Spitllama was a wolf.

For Wry not being the guardian:  There's only a 1/6 chance of him being the guardian.  He can't be any of the four wolves or the innocent or the Psychic.

@Slow:  Say why you think it's inaccurate that it's autowin for us.  Just saying "NO IT'S NOT" doesn't really address the fact that, assuming the guardian's alive, the only way we can lose is people not voting.  First we can start with gz's group (I think gz is the most likely wolf) and lynch everyone in it (except for guardian/psychics) until we find the wolf.  If there is no wolf, we move on to the next group.  Then we lynch anyone who isn't a guardian or a psychic in that group.  By then, we know for a fact that there will only be one wolf left.  There will also be two specials left.  We lynch everyone left until there's the two specials and the wolf.

This is obviously Jub's decision, but I think at the point where it's just "lynch everyone but the specials because we know we're going to win" the game loses its fun.  If it really is just two people left who are wolves and there aren't any shenanigans, it's time to end the game without it becoming super boring.

Ohhh wow I completely missed the point of your earlier speech. Ignore that statement.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Quote from: gzgregory on January 07, 2012, 11:23:43 AMTalked to jub, wolves can't wolf if one of their pair dies.
Um I never said that.

Also, insta of popo, night phase will end 9:30 PM EST tomorrow, aka Monday.

1. Winter
2. blueflower999
3. vermilionvermin
4. Wrydryn
5. xK-NiGhTx
6. SlowPokemon
7. spitllama
8. SuperAWESOMEFireAWESOMEKirby
9. popo
10. gzgregory
11. davy
12. Dude

This Is The Theme Music Because This Is What I'm Listening To At The Moment

After a few seconds of silence, another mine exploded on the screen.  Mashi rose an eyebrow at this new development.  "This is certainly an odd game of Minesweeper." he thought to himself.

"Well, whatever." Mashi says to himself as he minimises the tab and begins to type a message to Jub3r7.  Then, without warning, the Minesweeper game shows up again.  "What the fornica- frivolity is this!?!?!?!?!" Mashi said, catching himself before letting loose his ire.

Evidently bewildered, Mashi decided to play the game for serious this time!  He clicked a grey box... and a bunch of other grey boxes disappeared as the clicked box turned into a one.  "Take that!" Mashi stated, as if the game could hear him.  Suddenly, a message briefly appeared on the screen.  The contents of said message are so ineffable that to speak them would cause melancholy destitution from the reader.  It's that dangerous.

Mashi, deciding to be prudent in this situation, did what any sane person would do.  He punched the screen.  While wearing protective gloves, because it would be frivolous and harmful if he punched it with his bare hands; he might have become inflicted by glass!

"That was so stupid, but it was so frivolous, so it was totes worth it." Mashi said cheerfully.  To Mashi's dismay, however, his room suddenly was enveloped by darkness.  Numbers appeared everywhere and the minesweeper game appeared in front of him.  Just like the matrix, he thought.

Off in the distance was a younger kid around the age of 12, who seemed to be trying very hard not to flip out.

Mashi ignored him and he died because he no longer plays a beneficial role to the story.

Having no clue towards what to do, Mashi decided to just continue the game.  He clicked on a grey square...

MEANWHILE

popo was minding his own business, just walking around, trying to make sense of the maze he was in, when suddenly... nothing happened!

BACK TO MASHI

... and more grey squares disappeared!  Mashi thinks of the accolades he would receive from his friends if they knew of his accomplishment.  Two clicks in a row; a new record!

MEANWHILE

popo, noticing the new area that was created from the disappearance of the boxes, decided to explore it.

BACK TO MASHI

"Cool, there's an Undo button!" Mashi stated.  Mashi clicked it because it would be frivolous.

MEANWHILE

popo was annihilated because the blocks that disappeared reappeared.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

vermilionvermin

Then disregard the autowin sentiments.

vermilionvermin

If I happen to die tonight, we should lynch gz tomorrow.  Spit sent him a PM for no reason and he thought he couldn't wolf last night.

Jub3r7

No.

One.

Died.

1. Winter
2. blueflower999
3. vermilionvermin
4. Wrydryn
5. xK-NiGhTx
6. SlowPokemon
7. spitllama
8. SuperAWESOMEFireAWESOMEKirby
9. popo
10. gzgregory
11. davy
12. Dude

Day phase ends Wednesday 9:30 PM EST.

blueflower999

Wolfs, you have got to be freakin kidding me.  >:(
Bulbear! Blueflower999

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Jub3r7

You're dead, you can't post.

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Jub3r7

Once. You get one death post, if you get wolfed. You got lynched.

edit: Twice, he was stating a rule that someone broke.

edit: Okay, three times, because he was telling me and Mashi to write a story.

Okay both of you have to stop posting!!!

vermilionvermin

blueflower999

Gregory
Jub, I'm suspecting an insta. Stay tuned.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Winter

Gz

Let's get this over with.

SlowPokemon

gregory

Also call this an odd out of nowhere hunch but I'm getting suspicious of vermilion. Just a tad. There's no solid evidence to support this though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.