News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

TWG XXV: Minesweeper

Started by Jub3r7, December 31, 2011, 12:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

TWG XX: Minesweeper

Mine A
Mine C
(Human)

Mine B
(Human)
(Human)

Mine D
(Human)
(Human)

(Human)
(Human)
(Human)

All blues and humans are randomly placed in a group, and each person is told the names of the people that are in their group.
It's up to them to figure out whether they're in a group with one wolf, two wolves, or even none at all.

Mine A would only know Mine B, while Mine C would only know Mine D, and each pair gets one wolfing per night.
A wolf will not be aware if there is another wolf in their group.

Roles:
Guardian - Sends me a pm during the night phase with one name, and that person can not be wolfed. They are aware of the Psychic, and can not guard him/herself.
Psychic - Sends me a pm during the night phase, and is told the number of remaining wolves. This player is aware of the Guardian.
Innocent - If this player dies, then the Protective Mine also dies. The player is not told that they are the innocent.
Human
Human
Human
Human
Human

Protective Mine - Guards one person per night (excluding him/herself) and is aware of the innocent. This player is paired with a normal mine and is not told the identity of the Psycho Mine.
Psycho mine - Sends me a pm during the night phase, and is told the number of remaining wolves, as opposed to the number of blues left. The player is paired with a normal mine and is not told the identity of the Protective Mine.
Mine
Mine

My friend is emailing me a beta version of the newest Minecraft update. Apparently, only a few select players were chosen to receive a copy of the demo, and my friend was one of them.

Gmail is mean and won't let him send executable files, so he's renaming all the "EXE" extensions in the folder into "DED" files. When I unzip the files, I simply revert all the extensions back to EXE.

The email shows up and I run the program's installer. The screen flashes for a moment and asks for administrator permission before it continues. This always makes me nervous, I thought to myself, as I clicked yes. Then, selecting the program through Windows Explorer, I hit enter on the LED keyboard very dramatically, like a judge slams a mallet, sending some poor soul off to their death regardless of the possibility of their innocence.

The program automatically went full-screen, with cyan words filling the screen: "MINESWEEPER MMO (BETA)".

"Wait. What. This isn't Minecraft."

I tried to press ALT+TAB to reply to my friend's email and say how stupid he was. The screen flashed, with an error message on the screen: "TO SWITCH WINDOWS, PLAY THE GAME."

"A virus...? Nah, Mashi's not like that. Maybe he hadn't ran it himself yet?" I pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL in hopes that I could end it with the task manager. "TO EXIT THE PROGRAM, PLAY THE GAME."

I started freaking out at this point. How would the program know that I was trying to exit out just by the press of a shortcut? Desperate, I tried to force shut it down by holding the power button.

"TO SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER, PLAY THE GAME."

My eyes widened. I tried to grab and pull the plug out of the outlet, when everything around me went black, as if I was trapped in an old computer that could only be operated through command prompt. "Fine, I'll play your stupid game!" I reached for an obvious mine, attempting to set it off to end the game, when the computer stopped me with a wall of the cyan text. "TOUCH A MINE AND YOU DIE, IDIOT. HAVEN'T YOU EVER PLAYED MINESWEEPER BEFORE?"

1. Winter
2. blueflower999
3. vermilionvermin
4. Wrydryn
5. xK-NiGhTx
6. SlowPokemon
7. spitllama
8. SuperAWESOMEFireAWESOMEKirby
9. popo
10. gzgregory
11. davy
12. Dude

Role pm's will be sent out later!
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

davy

Really hope I'm a red or blue this time. You can do so much more as one of them.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

SuperFireKirby

This looks like it will be an interesting game

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

blueflower999

I don't know which I like more; classic TWG, or TWG with a twist, but either way this game looks like it's going to be fun.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

vermilionvermin

I'm not sure how this game works, so I'm going to guess and hope Jub confirms/denies.

Everyone is going to be placed in one of four groups.  Each group will have three people.

Everyone must figure out how many wolves and humans are in their group and who the wolves in the group are.  If that happens, all the wolves in their group die.

I'm not sure how lynchings and wolfings factor into this.

davy

I think the wolfs don't die when you know who they are, but you have to convince the rest that they are wolfs so that they will be lynched.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

vermilionvermin

Then what's the purpose of the groups?

davy

That you have a kind of alliance.

Also, at this moment I have a year advantage over you, because in the Netherlands it's allready 2012.

K-NiGhT

I totally forgot i signed up for this :0 i hope i didnt miss anything D:
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

blueflower999

Don't worry, you didn't. I don't even think all the pms are out yet.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Winter

Quote from: davy on December 31, 2011, 03:27:30 PMThat you have a kind of alliance.

Also, at this moment I have a year advantage over you, because in the Netherlands it's allready 2012.

For the next seven hours, you are a time traveler to me?

Jub3r7

1. Winter
2. blueflower999
3. vermilionvermin
4. Wrydryn
5. xK-NiGhTx
6. SlowPokemon
7. spitllama
8. SuperAWESOMEFireAWESOMEKirby
9. popo
10. gzgregory
11. davy
12. Dude

Happy new year!
Night phase ends at 9:00 PM EST on Tuesday.

e: and btw davy has the right idea.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

okay pm's are out.

a few questions:

should seer claim seeing as they have already know who the guardian is?

should we reveal our group members?
 one group is made up of 2/3 wolves. 2 are made up of 1/3 wolves and one is all human. if we lynch people from the right group, statistics are on our side. If one group seems especially suspicious, it would be best to lynch from that group. But we could only do so with the knowledge of who is in what group?

Don't know if I'm making much sense. I'm tired. Gonna go to bed

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

vermilionvermin

What I'm thinking right now is to have the psychic claim and then tell him/her who our groups are.  I have no idea how Sfk knew that though.  My role PM didn't say anything about the groups.

Winter

there are eight human spots in this game.

one of those eight people are in a group with 2 wolves. 12.5%

four people are in a group with 1 wolf 50%

and

3 people are in a group with no wolves 37.5%

now you know the percentage chance that someone in your group is a wolf.

Was going to write more, but I have some update concerns to tend to. (I messed up)