News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

TWG XXIV: Sauce Is Pretty Coll

Started by Mashi, December 15, 2011, 04:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Brutal Human and Millwright are both told that they are normal Humans.  When the Brutal Human is lynched, he/she tells me the name of a Player that voted for him/her and that Player will die the same Phase as the Brutal Human is lynched.  Another person must die by the Brutal Human.

davy

Quote from: Mashi on December 17, 2011, 10:51:25 AMBrutal Human and Millwright are both told that they are normal Humans.  When the Brutal Human is lynched, he/she tells me the name of a Player that voted for him/her and that Player will die the same Phase as the Brutal Human is lynched.  Another person must die by the Brutal Human.

How does the brutal human know he's the brutal human at the moment he's lynched?
If the brutal human don't tells the host the name of one of the voters, is the one killed by the Brutal Human dedided randomly?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Jub3r7

The brutal human IS told that he's human.
It's the Millwright that is told he's human when he'll actually just be seered orange, appearing to be the traitor.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

vermilionvermin

I think davy's concern is that, if the brutal human is inactive and doesn't choose one of his voters, that it will be chosen randomly.  That's a concern I share.

Jub3r7

then don't just lynch people because of inactivity! If I were a wolf, I'd be more active than usual to make sure that nothing went wrong, although I'd do just the same if I had a lot of time on my hands.

SFK, has everyone made a claim to you yet? If so, and if there were no counterclaims for the hunter or the guardian, then you can relay the hunter's seering results.

Speaking of which, if the hunter were to seer someone green or something, could it still be a wolf given that a wolf painted himself green during that same night phase?

vermilionvermin

I think it's a bad idea to let out the seering results unless it's a red.  Telling the thread that someone's green only makes them a potential wolfing target, and that's no good.  Add that to the possibility that any result could just be that of a wolf who has been painted green and I'm not thinking that it's a good idea to announce any non-guilty seerings.

And even if inactivity's not the only reason to lynch someone, odds are that we lynch someone inactive at some point.  I'd rather know what's going to happen if we do that.

Mashi

Quote from: davy on December 17, 2011, 11:17:33 AMHow does the brutal human know he's the brutal human at the moment he's lynched?
If the brutal human don't tells the host the name of one of the voters, is the one killed by the Brutal Human dedided randomly?
The Brutal Human is alerted that he/she is the Brutal Human after he/she is lynched.
If the Brutal Human is not present when the Phase ends, I'll wait a while for him/her to log on and alert him/her that he/she must choose someone to kill.  If the Brutal Human doesn't show up within a few hours, then yes, I'll choose the person killed randomly.

SuperFireKirby

Not everyone has made a claim but there have been no counter claims for wolf or guardian. Its mostly inactives that have yet to claim.

But someone has claimed seer, and I have been informed that Vermilionvermin has been seer'd Red.

Get him.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SuperFireKirby

WAITWAITWAIT. DON'T VOTE FOR VERM UNTIL TOMORROW IN CASE THERE IS A COUNTER-CLAIM FOR SEER. WE DON'T WANT TO INSTA AN INNOCENT MAN.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bird

I don't think Verm is a wolf.

A guy who randomly claims traitor night 1 seems like a pretty obvious seer choice. If I were a wolf, I would have capitalized on that knowledge by painting him red. Even if you don't believe in that painting scenario, you could think that the wolves would paint one of themselves green each night phase. In this situation, there are only two reds in the entire game, a wolf and the brutal human, meaning that there is only a 50% likelihood he would be a wolf.

So uh... let's not kill him.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

vermilionvermin

I'm honestly not surprised I was seered red, regardless of whether or not this is the real hunter.  Think about it.

I was in the spotlight for a lot yesterday.  If I were a wolf and I were any other player in the game besides myself, I would paint vermilion red (and then I'd lay low).

Conversely, any wolf pair with me in it would obviously paint me green because of how much I was in the spotlight.  I was a pretty obvious seering and painting target.

I think people can attest to the fact that I've done things no wolf in their right mind would do.  I claimed traitor in order to get a counterclaim.  Had I been a wolf, that would have only risked letting someone counterclaim me.

There's also the possibility that I was the miller.

Basically, there's a 50/50 chance that I'm a wolf if you're looking at it objectively, even if this is the real hunter (which I'll address later).   I could be the miller or I could have been painted red.  I think we can all agree that the most likely scenario is that I was painted red, meaning that there's a good chance I'm not a wolf.

Anyone who's talked to me can attest to the fact that I've been helpful and active.  When the evidence points to the fact that I'm most likely not a wolf, I don't think we should waste our lynch on me.

There's also a strong possibility this isn't the real hunter.  SFK had already said that the hunter hadn't claimed to him, and then he suddenly gets a claim with a red seering?  That's the perfect place for a wolf (or the traitor) to counterclaim hunter. 

Jub3r7

I have to go to work, be back around 12 (7 hours from now for timezone reference.)

And bird, you don't need to defend him until everybody's claimed to SFK.
As in, if you haven't claimed to SFK, do it now.

He's proved human because the wolves tried to wolf him. The only way he could be a wolf is if the guardian said "oh btw I'm guarding you tonight just so you know" and a guardian doesn't claim to a random person.

The fact is, SFK isn't a random person anymore. Claim to him, tell him what you got in your role pm, and then we can proceed with the game.

Also ninja'd by verm and also I'm rushing in this post because mom is waiting at the door for me.

Bird

Quote from: Jub3r7 on December 17, 2011, 02:07:55 PMAnd bird, you don't need to defend him until everybody's claimed to SFK.
what

The probability of the hunter claim being fake is incredibly small, so I think I'll go ahead and defend him now.

Also, keep quiet about whether or not you've claimed to SFK. Yes, you should claim to him, but we don't want the wolves to be able to figure out who the seer is based on who has and who hasn't claimed.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

vermilionvermin

Also, I'm in the chat right now.  If people want to interrogate me, they should come and talk.

vermilionvermin

Safety on Spitllama because I don't think Blueflower's a wolf anymore and I don't have a strong enough suspicion on anyone else to give them a second vote.