News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

TWG XXIV: Sauce Is Pretty Coll

Started by Mashi, December 15, 2011, 04:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

vermilionvermin

I'm going to vote gz because I think the change in activity from the last game I played with him and this one is odd.  In that last game, he was a human, and in this game, I'm not sure of his role.  I think he's the most wolfy of anyone here.

Bird

I knew you'd come around. They always come around.

Also we should still watch out for Locke. A wolf painting himself orange would be VERY smart, and it's not something I doubt Locke would do.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bird

The more I think about it, the more sure I am that gzg (yeah, I'll rebold my vote if I want to!) has to be a wolf. First he bandwagoned dude (but took his vote off), and earlier he bandwagoned Jub3r7. Pretty much every other player has something human going on for them.

1. vermillionvermin - Has been consistently helpful this entire game, and was seered red on n1 (when, if he were a wolf, he would have been seered green most likely). Also he just doesn't seem like a wolf.
3. SuperFireKirby - Wolfed n1.
6. spitllama - I don't think a wolf would spend so much time trying to get into the IRC, especially not on his first game.
7. Jub3r7 - Definitely picked up the activity after a talk with him in the chat.
8. gzgregory - ????????????
9. davy - Stopped the Jub3r7 insta, and has been helpful pretty much all game.
10. Bird - me
11. Locke (Faux) - Likely not a wolf who painted himself orange. Most likely traitor or millwright.

davy

You forgot yourself bird.

Of course, you have recieved the PM, but all other players do not know what it says. So I would like to know why you are not a wolf.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Bird

Lots of reasons!

1) Didn't insta Jub3r7 when I had the chance.
2) I defended Verm, even though he was seered red.
3) I was the first person to vote for Dude, and given the fact that he was brutal, there's a 2/3 chance that he was a wolf.
4) The people who have played TWG with me before think that I'm acting human.

davy

1) I'm not sure wether or not you were online when Jub was almost insta'd, but you didn't post anything at that moment. Plus, if you had insta'd Jub, with our knowledge of you being an exprienced player you would be very suspecious, and we would have probaly lynched you.

2) Verm could be a fellow wolf. Also, there's no reason for you to defend him. He can do that himself. In fact, I think you did that to seem human.

3) You didn't vote for him to lynch him. You just wanted to hear his reasoning of not being active (that's what you said). And you didn't keep your vote on him. I guess you probaly voted for him to seem human ones again.

4) Vermin voted for you in day one. Also, he says you're a very good wolf and that it has happened that you were a wolf while vermin thought you were a human.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Bird

1) Could have just said "oops" after the fact.
2) If I think a person is human, it is my obligation as a human to defend them (or at least give my opinion on the subject). Otherwise a person who sucked at defending themselves would be lynched, even if they were human. Obviously, Verm is capable of defending himself, but I think everybody should still express whether or not they think each person is a human or a wolf. And we've had WAY too many private conversations (which we're willing to share!) to be partners. Just ask if you want the logs!
3) Regardless of my reasoning, its a bit strange for the first vote of an entire game to be from one wolf voting for his partner.
4) And Vermin has voted for like, every player in the game by this point. And apparently I'm not that good if sherlock davy caught me. :VVVVV
5) BONUS ARGUMENT: Wolves aren't usually this gung-ho. I came charging into this game, guns blazing because I didn't have a lot to lose. A wolf would probably be warier of making mistakes. I'm not (which is why I admitted to being a wolf in that chat with you, remember!??!?).

Bird

ALSO, why are you suspicious of me at all?

davy

1) And nobody would ever come with the idea that you did not made a mistake, but that you're a wolf (And wouldn't that be very gung-ho?)

2) Ok, that's your oppinion, but that doesn't mean you're not a wolf (once again, you could have done it to seem human).

3) Which is the easiest way to seem human

4) But you are one of the only two which he had a reason to vote for other than inactivity. And if I catch a player or not doesn't have anything to do with ability.

5) And because you want to seem human, you don't do the thing wolves want to do. Wydryn claimed to be wolf a number of times while he was a wolf. Also, if you're not a wolf, you shouldn't make such a big deal of being accused of being a wolf by your joke.

ALSO:

Quote<davy> I think it's almost impossible for Dude and one of those 3 being a wolf
<Verm> really?
<Verm> why?
<davy> Because they're so inactive, that it's really strange they actually wolfed twice
<davy> Although Spitlama was pretty active in night 2
<Verm> I'll have to double-check that on posts, but it makes sense.
<davy> So that's why I think an active player is a wolf.
<davy> And because you were probaly painted
<davy> I think I'll vote for Bird

There's another reason why I want to vote you, but I don't want to reveal that in topic.

davy

Oh yes, your bandwagoning makes you pretty suspecious too

Bird

I think you're just being silly now. "Oh, he's not doing that BECAUSE he's a human, he's doing it TO LOOK LIKE he's a human" is basically your explanation for all my actions. But really, most things I've done are as easily explained by me being a human as they are by me being a supergenius wolf.

Also, I don't think it's fair for you to eliminate inactive players as wolves because people were attacked each night phase. Sending in a wolfing is super easy. As long as one of the wolves managed to make a post on night one, it's a good bet that they'll also have sent in the wolfing PM. Dude could have sent the n1 PM, and the other wolf (who could be anybody) could have sent in the n2 PM.

Regarding the bandwagoning, well... I'll have to explain that a bit, because it's a complicated issue (even though the reason is pretty simple). At most forums with TWG, there is this negative stigma surrounding the idea of bandwagoning - voting for somebody because other people are voting for that person. This is usually because the bandwagoner is not paying a lot of attention, and thinks that it's the right thing to do because "everyone is doing it". And obviously there is a great deal wrong with something like that, because a person could get insta'd for stupid reasoning if there were enough people bandwagoning. HOWEVER... that is different from what I am doing. The person whose vote I usually "bandwagon" is vermilionvermin, and I do that because I agree with what he has to say. As I mentioned earlier, we've been IMing each other a lot this game, so we discuss the players. After he makes a vote, I look at his reasoning, agree with it, and then make the same vote that he did. I don't think there is anything inherently suspicious with agreeing, especially since I bring so many of my own opinions to the table. I mentioned that the reason I bandwagon is pretty simple. Well, it is. I'm lazy.

As for your other reason, I'd guess it would have to do with the identity of the specials (because I really can't think of any other reason you would feel the need to hide evidence from the public). If I voted for one, well... can you really blame me? After all... *snrk* ...I'm only human.

davy

ok no vote for now.

I really have to come up with something new now.

Bird

Spitllama: All of your posts seem to be either:

a) One line posts with a vote (usually a safety or bandwagon).
b) Apologies about your inactivity.
c) Questions about how to get to the chat (you seem to have figured it out, but I never see you still).

In other words, your posts don't have a lot of original ideas or content about the TWG in them. I think that's pretty suspicious! So I was hoping you should tell us who you're suspicious of, and why we shouldn't lynch you.

The same goes for gzgregory as well. Who are you suspicious of and why shouldn't we lynch you?

spitllama

a) This is my first game. I'm learning and usually don't have much more reasoning behind votes besides what other users have presented as evidence

b) I don't live on ninsheet ;)

c) I was on the chat for about 2 hours last night, where were YOU? Just ask Verm, Jub, Locke, or SFK

I wouldn't expect origianlity from myself, since frankly I'm learning from everyone's reasoning, so suspicious or not, it's the truth.

I was suspicious of-

1) Locke

2) You

3) Jub

Except last night's chat led to-

1) You

2) gzg

3) Locke

Locke is probably a traitor, so I'm less concerned about him. Gzg on the other hand has been much more active as a human in past games (according to Verm), so I'd be suspicious of his inactivity.

You seem very concerned with protecting Verm, so either you are POSITIVE he's a human (which you can never be sure of), or you're both wolves. Either way, I get the vibe from you.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012