News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

TWG XXIV: Sauce Is Pretty Coll

Started by Mashi, December 15, 2011, 04:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vermilionvermin

OK I missed the second Locke quote.

Safety on davy because I'm back to square one!

blueflower999

I have never seen people in TWG changing their votes so much. Have fun tallying them up, Mashi.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bird

verm quit changing your vote after i vote for teh same person plz
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bird

everything vermilionvermin is about to say is a lie just so you know

vermilionvermin

10. Bird – Seems to be acting weirdly.  He's not normally a bandwagoner, so the fact that he's bandwagoning my votes raises my suspicion of him.  There's also the stuff with the traitor.  I remember in a previous game with him he did almost the same thing:  came up with a brilliant plan which would help the humans but make one person look really suspicious.  Instead of doing it himself, he made me do it!  Here's a comment from him in the postgame of that game:
"That is to say that, yes, I would have done all the Vermilionvermin/Kritter stuff if I were human. Perhaps I even would have been the one to claim seer. I used the "I'm always cautious as a wolf," defense a lot this game, and there's still a grain of truth in it. Whenever I'm on the wolf team I don't want to due anything risky."
nice typo bird
But anyways, he implies that he'd be more likely to do these whole shenanigans himself if he were a human.  He also seems to be more cautious as a wolf than as a human.  That's something I can see him doing this game.
Basically the scenario he's talking about above is that he wants the real seer to claim and suggests to me that I claim seer in order to get the seer out.  I do so, and then I get killed by the vigi overnight because I claimed seer and he didn't.  I wasn't a wolf, but he was!

6. spitllama – If bird isn't a wolf, spitllama's his top suspicion.  Spit's been pretty inactive, and I'm surprised he put a safety (or vote without a reason, which is suspicious enough) on Dude when blueflower already voted for him.

4. blueflower999 – Bird seems to think he's a human, but now that I think bird's a wolf, blueflower would be a good wolf partner for him!  Blueflower seems to be extremely dedicated to his votes, even when they don't make much sense.

8. Gzgregory – About the same as dude, but nobody launched a bandwagon on him!!!

2. Dude – Inactivity is a bad reason to suspect someone when there's other reasons to suspect other people!  I tend to think that people like Dude and Jub have a good reason for their inactivity because they're regarded as better players, and aren't inactive in fear of making a mistake.

5. shadowkirby – Pretty inactive, though seemed human enough when I talked to him.

7. Jub3r7 – Seemed human when I talked to him.  Inactivity's a kind of bad suspicion when IRL stuff and revamped activity fix it.  The bandwagon on him seems to indicate that he's a human.

11. Locke (Faux) – I missed the whole reverse-psychology stuff, but it makes sense now.

9. davy – Brought up that stuff on Locke.  He seemed human in teh chatz.

3. SuperFireKirby – could be traitor, but probs isn't.

1. vermillionvermin : :)

this is not a lie

Bird

I'm going to respond to these EVIL ACCUSATIONS even though they're a lie. Especially that typo.

Quote from: vermilionvermin on December 18, 2011, 12:02:35 PM10. Bird – Seems to be acting weirdly.  He's not normally a bandwagoner, so the fact that he's bandwagoning my votes raises my suspicion of him.
I'm bandwagoning votes (unabashedly, I might add by the fact that I legitimately pointed this out myself), because there's a lot of people in this game I wouldn't mind seeing dead. Like, if there's a few votes on Dude, GZG, or Spitllama at this point, I'm going to throw in my vote to show that I support any of those lynches.

Quote from: vermilionvermin on December 18, 2011, 12:02:35 PMThere's also the stuff with the traitor.  I remember in a previous game with him he did almost the same thing:  came up with a brilliant plan which would help the humans but make one person look really suspicious.  Instead of doing it himself, he made me do it!  Here's a comment from him in the postgame of that game:
"That is to say that, yes, I would have done all the Vermilionvermin/Kritter stuff if I were human. Perhaps I even would have been the one to claim seer. I used the "I'm always cautious as a wolf," defense a lot this game, and there's still a grain of truth in it. Whenever I'm on the wolf team I don't want to do anything risky."
nice typo bird
But anyways, he implies that he'd be more likely to do these whole shenanigans himself if he were a human.  He also seems to be more cautious as a wolf than as a human.  That's something I can see him doing this game.
How am I being cautious this game? I'm "admitting" that I'm a wolf to complete strangers (who may not understand humor), and I'm bandwagoning tons of stuff. This would be downright sloppy if I were a wolf. And on top of all of that, I defended tons of people, saying that they were human. A wolf wouldn't do that. Hell, I even defended you when you were seered red! And this is how you repay me. :(

I don't know precisely what happened when we had the idea for one of us to false claim traitor, but I probably would have done it if you'd asked nicely enough. I definitely don't recall "making you" claim. I think you just rose to the occasion since you're suicidal.

Quote from: vermilionvermin on December 18, 2011, 12:02:35 PMBasically the scenario he's talking about above is that he wants the real seer to claim and suggests to me that I claim seer in order to get the seer out.  I do so, and then I get killed by the vigi overnight because I claimed seer and he didn't.  I wasn't a wolf, but he was!
Good times... :)

davy

Update vote count:

Locke – 3 votes (Dude, davy, Bird)
Dude - 3 Votes (blueflower999 , spit, gz)
gzgregory - 1 vote (Locke (faux))
vermilionvermin - 1 vote (SuperFireKirby)
Bird - 1 vote (vermilionvermin)

People who haven't voted yet: shadowkirby (don't expect he will vote), Jub (do expect he will vote)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

vermilionvermin

After a lot of deliberation, I think Davy and Bird have convinced me to shift my vote back to Locke.

Davy pointed out to me that Locke's original post could have been an endless reverse-psychology ploy, and there's not a whole lot which can be gathered from it.

Bird pointed out that Locke's been acting differently in this game than he has acted in games prior to this.  When he's a human, he's generally a bit more bold and a lot more trollish.

Locke's playing this game a lot safer than he normally does as a human.  Generally, he's making jokes like Bird is now.  He's been acting a little bit off this game, and I think he's a better lynch than Dude.

SuperFireKirby

So then Hunter has Seer'd VermillionVermin Red. There were no counter-claims for Hunter. So should we not trust that this is, in fact, a legitimate seering and lynch VermillionVermin? Is that logic not sound?

You can take your chances with Locke or Dude, or you can actually vote for a CONFIRMED WOLF.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

vermilionvermin

The painter likely painted me.  If not, then I'm the brutal human.  Even from an objective standpoint, there are explanations.

Bird

Yeah, even if the painter wolf just painted himself, vermilionvermin is far from a "confirmed wolf". I think that if he was a wolf (who for some reason claimed traitor), he would probably have himself painted green, since he was so likely to be seered. And I think that if he was human, the wolves would recognize that he was likely to be seered and would paint him red to take advantage of that fact. Either that, or he's a brutal human. Or both.

But I don't think he's a wolf, and I don't think we should lynch him.

Locke (Faux)

In response to the accusations that I was trying to keep the wolves with my comment that they shouldn't claim: The sole reason I said this was to give the wolves an idea, to "let the cat out of the bag", so that they would claim. I thought that if I commented that I didn't want them to assemble, they would get the idea to do it. I figured they would think to do it anyway, but wanted to make sure they would by pointing it out. And frankly, I don't see how this could be an "endless reverse psychology ploy". I don't see how saying the wolves should not to claim to the traitor would have done anything to help me if I were a wolf.

Quote from: BirdThat said, I've been suspicious of Locke this whole game for other reasons, and don't really have a problem with him being lynched.
The only reason I remember seeing you give was that I wasn't "doing anything" or something along those lines. That seemed pretty hypocritical to me, because you hadn't been doing much more than I had at the time.

Quote from: VermilionverminBird pointed out that Locke's been acting differently in this game than he has acted in games prior to this.  When he's a human, he's generally a bit more bold and a lot more trollish.
I have tried to be a bit less erratic in this game, yes. I've seen that this forum is apparently not used to a lot of activity and joking around; Bird's exotically erratic behavior has just been serving to confuse the players here. Since this is a crowd who is apparently not very familiar with this type of behavior, I've been trying to make my behavior and actions more clear and easily understood.

Regardless, I don't necessarily think it's true that I'm always as bold and trollish as Bird is. I certainly don't recall being as erratic as he is in my last human game. I distinctly recall almost getting lynched by him while I was human because he thought I was being more helpful than usual, in the pirate game.

Gzgregory has given a satisfactory explanation in defense of my accusation, so I am shifting my vote to Shadowkirby.

Locke (Faux)

Look, I'm going to be straightforward here, I haven't been as helpful as I could be. To start with I was already in one game on another site, and it got hard to keep track of the two. Also, it's the holiday season, and things have been keeping me from being really as active here as I should be. I joined mainly as a favor to Mashi. If you decide to lynch me, then you can go ahead and do it, I guess. There are still 7 other humans to figure out the wolves, and I trust you're all in good hands with Verm and Bird, who I think are human. It's not like I'd be able to be really helpful if you kept me alive anyway.

Bird

locke sucks

changing my vote to jub3r7 again.

I really think that verm was painted, and the only two people i think that would be likely to do that are jub3r7 and locke. And locke sounded pretty human a second ago. Unless someone can convince me that Jub3r7 was not responsible for verm's red seer result, my vote will stay on him.

vermilionvermin

Back to safety on Davy.  This will change by the time the phase ends, but here's a vote to convey that I'm not ready to lynch Locke right now.