News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Level of difficulty

Started by LuGo, December 08, 2011, 08:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

insaneintherain

Quote from: fingerz on February 20, 2012, 09:34:55 PMThat was by accident. XD
I meant insane as in almost impossible to play. The word was just hopping around in my head after our discussion.
Oh. The first case in the world where "No Pun Intended" actually means something.

ALPRAS

I think that a person who knows well the piano (like MaestroUGC... or me, I play piano for 10 years :P) should review the difficulty of the pieces and rate it (for example, classify from 1 to 10). 10 is to veteran pianists, 1 to people who barely plays piano...

MaestroUGC

With as many arrangements there are on the site, it would take a while to comb through them all and rate them in terms of playbility. Plus you need to find a way to generalize playability to make up for personal opinion and abilities bias. We've had this discussion before, and this is the one issue that always comes up. While, yes, there are pieces that are just universally hard, there are some pieces that people view as difficult because there is a technique within them that they are not familiar or strong with. Given that most of the people who come here are usually in middle and high school, a good amount have only been playing for a few years or are self-taught amatuers; which means that they are typically at a level in which they don't know some advanced techniques that some of our sheets require.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Quote from: JaMaHa on December 08, 2011, 10:41:10 AMdifficulty is rather subjective. What one finds difficult might be easy for others. Sure, it probably would be possible to give some sort of difficulty rating as a rough guideline. But that's not happening anytime soon, at least.

This.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!