News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Rachmaninoff had big hands...

Started by Jub3r7, December 07, 2011, 08:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

Er, how do I play that left hand? Is it supposed to be a really quick arpeggio-chord-jump or something?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

master_gamer38

Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Bespinben

That was hilarious!!!! "Rachmaninoff BIG HANDS; me, SMALL HANDS" :P :P :P

I really to get me one of those wooden thingies :3
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Winter

Jub3r7

XD, I wish.

Unfortunately, I need to know how to play it with my hands.  :(
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

pumpy_heart

Oh, you're serious how to play that. You'd have to make it a rolled dyad. It could have been a style marking of that period, don't know the composer.
I've seen some times where composers ask for things to be played with elbows, and it's theoretically possible here, but they always notate that somehow. A rolled dyad would work just fine, I think.

GoronsOrchestrated

So, Bespinben, are my Ballad of the Goddess sheets still impossible to play? Big or small (wodden thingies inculed) hands?  8)
Quote from: DrP on December 18, 2011, 02:25:37 PM
I didn't know he or those arrangements existed.

... ಠ_ಠ

spitllama

From someone who just finished that piece 6 months ago and has no experience in musical terms.....

You hit the bottom C with your pinky and then quickly rotate your wrist up to where your thumb can reach the top B, kind of treating the C like an ornament. Then use the sostenuto (middle) petal to hold the bottom C.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

Quote from: GoronsOrchestrated on December 08, 2011, 07:01:18 PMSo, Bespinben, are my Ballad of the Goddess sheets still impossible to play? Big or small (wodden thingies inculed) hands?  8)

Here's the issue Goron. Suppose I had some of those wooden thingies and tried to play the large 16th interval chords in your arrangement of Ballad of the Goddess. If those chords were long and held-out like those in the Rachmaninoff piece, I would have no complaints. However, in such places as measure 50 in your arrangement, you ask for these large 16th interval chords to be played while at the same time wanting the high 16th note run ostinato to be played also.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday