News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

GoronsOrchestrated's Arrangements - New MM Great Bay Temple

Started by GoronsOrchestrated, November 29, 2011, 06:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

GoronsOrchestrated

Quote from: DrP on December 18, 2011, 02:25:37 PM
I didn't know he or those arrangements existed.

... ಠ_ಠ

pumpy_heart

First time checking out your sheets. No offense, but I haven't played Skyward Sword yet and want that music to be heard first in it's correct environment.
So I checked out your rearrangement of Gerudo Valley. Pretty nice for a relatively new guy. Good job!

Here's a few things you can do to create a better sheet. I'm pretty sure measure 15 has the wrong notes in the treble. Should be A, B, A, G#. If I'm wrong, I'm going to hate myself forever, but that's how I'm 99% sure it goes.
Secondly, don't use two dotted notes next to each other in a simple meter (such as this one, 2/4, 3/4, 2/2, etc. (the opposite being compound meters such as 6/8, 9/8, 12/4 etc.)). It makes it unnecessary complicated for the player to play, even though the sound created is quite common. And after every dotted figure, the remaining pulse in that beat should be clearly seen. Measure 25 fails to do this, instead tying the dotted eighth to an eighth, hiding that sixteenth note.
Measure 25 is also incorrect because it doesn't show the traditionally strong beat in the measure (beat 1 and 3). It hides beat 3 by placing the half note a sixteenth note too early. You could tie a sixteenth note to a half note to fix this.
Measure 30 should use a B natural, not a Cb. Odd decision there. Problem with beat division in measure 32 where again the third beat isn't clear. Same in 33. Use E# in measure 35. Measure 40 is odd to read metrically. I would clearly show each beat in those measures. And use an A# in measure 42.
I mentioned the majority of these problems only the first time they occur. You should fix them if you see them anywhere else.

Sounds great. Keep up the good work! And if anyone has already said all this in the 10 pages you've quickly obtained, my apologies.

GoronsOrchestrated

... ಠ_ಠ

Dudeman

Quote from: GoronsOrchestrated on December 22, 2011, 07:34:46 PMYea.. I cant make PDFs, cause the software is rather expencive...
But it would be great if someone could volenteer... :)
I'd be willing to help...maybe...
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Shadoninja

Quote from: GoronsOrchestrated on December 22, 2011, 07:34:46 PMYea.. I cant make PDFs, cause the software is rather expencive...
But it would be great if someone could volenteer... :)
Try PDFcreator, it's a free program. I've written a tutorial on how to print in pdf here
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Winter

GoronsOrchestrated

... ಠ_ಠ

Winter

GoronsOrchestrated

... ಠ_ಠ

GoronsOrchestrated

Uhg... its so creepy. I look at whos online, and one of the guests actions is 'Nothing, or nothing you can see...'

... ಠ_ಠ

GoronsOrchestrated

Quote from: GoronsOrchestrated on December 23, 2011, 07:52:33 PMUhg... its so creepy. I look at whos online, and one of the guests actions is 'Nothing, or nothing you can see...'
Ahrg! Theres a whole bunch now!
Like Moon Children!

... ಠ_ಠ

Winter

well guests can view the registration page, while we cannot, as we have already registered. there's many other exceptions like when I view the staff board, it'll say that. It's just basically content you can't access.

I have a hunch that JaMaHa wrote that 'nothing you can see' text though. lol

GoronsOrchestrated

Quote from: Winter on December 23, 2011, 11:02:15 PMwell guests can view the registration page, while we cannot, as we have already registered.
But wouldn't it saw Regestering or something like that?

... ಠ_ಠ

Winter

if you meant to say 'say'.... i have no idea. Sure that would make sense, but I've never seen that in the list before.

Notice how in the 'Who's online' area, each user is viewing an area. each area they are viewing is a link. if there was a link to the registration page, it would not work for you, as you are logged in. making it....... 'nothing you can see'

Make sense?