PianoMan's Arrangements (Updated April 24 Paper Mario 2 Title Screen)

Started by PianoMan, April 19, 2008, 07:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Morning theme

there's too much of a pause in the beginning. I think the first bit is more of a 8th rest-16th-16th rhythm rather than a 16th-16th-8th.

Is there any reason why the F and Eb notes on layer 1 in the bass are sustained and then in layer 2 plays something different? I think it would make more sense to shorten layer 1 to a half note and then move layer 2 to layer 1.

Bar 4 right hand is impossible to play as is. the only solution I can think of is to remove the flute part.

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Korados

That's sooo difficult, I tried to re-arrange your arrangement but the rhythm is pretty hard. On VGM, there's a very accurate midi you could use:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/n64/Hyrule_feild_4_Concert.mid

The rhythm has got another syncopation in eights, that also is better to read, imo. ;D

NasiDe

Huh... Last time I worked here on NSM, using MIDI files was rather looked down upon. I'm curious if that is not so anymore.

Shadoninja

it's not really the fact that you're using midi, it's more the fact that you're using midi and not modifying it so as to get rid of the jumbled midi data. for example, we would never anything that looks like this
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

PianoMan

Quote from: Sekter77 on January 10, 2011, 09:20:47 AMThe morning theme is really good. The link to Pumpkin Hill is invalid though, you should probably fix that.

I finally went through the songs from Sonic Adventure and the ones I'd really like to see finished whenever you can are Mr. Unsmiley (Sky Rail), Unstable World (Crazy Gadget), Highway in the Sky (Final Rush), and Won't Stop, Just Go (Green Forest). I'll probably decide on some more later but I think this is plenty for now. Thanks for taking on all this Sonic music, it's very appreciated.

Pumpkin Hill has already been submitted.

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 10, 2011, 10:20:49 AMMorning theme

there's too much of a pause in the beginning. I think the first bit is more of a 8th rest-16th-16th rhythm rather than a 16th-16th-8th.

Is there any reason why the F and Eb notes on layer 1 in the bass are sustained and then in layer 2 plays something different? I think it would make more sense to shorten layer 1 to a half note and then move layer 2 to layer 1.

Bar 4 right hand is impossible to play as is. the only solution I can think of is to remove the flute part.

I know some of it is impossible... it's hard to take stuff out of this while retaining it's original character. I'm working on it. New link will be up shortly.

See how you like this.

PianoMan

I was confused on how to notate all the repeats...
Paper Mario 2 File Select
http://www.mediafire.com/?epg1409v26j48cp
Criticism, please.

Sekter77

It does need work. Some sections sound off such as the end and beginning and I think you left off a part at the end. I think the last measure should repeat a second time. And most importantly, it's just missing the general feel and atmosphere of the song.

Also, the composers are Yuka Tsujiyoko and Yoshito Hirano.
Guitar and video games.

Korados

Quote from: Sekter77 on April 24, 2011, 08:39:52 PMAnd most importantly, it's just missing the general feel and atmosphere of the song.

I fear that a piano arrangement of this wonderful song will never have the same flare. When I first heard it I knew that the whole game is just awesome! It lacks the beginning by now, it starts pretty slow and then... KAPOW, here's the big game! ;D

PianoMan

Quote from: Sekter77 on April 24, 2011, 08:39:52 PMIt does need work. Some sections sound off such as the end and beginning and I think you left off a part at the end. I think the last measure should repeat a second time. And most importantly, it's just missing the general feel and atmosphere of the song.

Also, the composers are Yuka Tsujiyoko and Yoshito Hirano.

I haven't added dynamics yet, so that will help a little. Bt I agree with Korados in that it probably will never fully reflect the real song. If you think anything else is particularly wrong, please feel free to point it out.