PianoMan's Arrangements (Updated April 24 Paper Mario 2 Title Screen)

Started by PianoMan, April 19, 2008, 07:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PianoMan

I think it sounds empty, too, but I can't make it fuller w/out it being impossible to play.

Revised lost woods added.

Composer #40

First look at the song I have http://www.mediafire.com/?w4zqv2kx7ig (please note that this is still in the testing stages)

So you're saying that the measures 8-30 are impossible and this might be the reason why the sheet is empty.

It happens Every. Day!

PianoMan

I can't believe that I'm the first to post a song since the forum is back up.

I like you amendments, Composer #40.

Measure 3 and 7 on Lollipop may sound bad, but when you slow down the tempo, it's right.

PianoMan

I've been away from the site for quite a while, so I'm not sure what the protocol for submission is anymore, but I'd like to get my songs that I did years ago on the site.

The Deku Trombonist

You post links to your submissions in the "Submissions for XYZ Update" topic which is stickied at the top of this board. It's easier than having to go though everyone's threads. You've missed this one, but you can make the next one. They're going up every 10 days or so so don't be too concerned about having to wait ages. Also, check that some of the songs in your list aren't already on the site.

PianoMan

[Dreamcast] Sonic Adventure 2 - "E.G.G.M.A.N." - PianoMan
MUS

I'd like some critique, Please.

Sekter77

Normally I'm a bit leery when it comes to rock music being transcribed for piano, but this works pretty well actually. It sounds fine, but maybe you could add some more articulation in it such as dynamic changes and all that. That's really my only suggestion.
Guitar and video games.

PianoMan

Thanks for the feedback; I added some articulation and I'm submitting it.

PianoMan

[Dreamcast] Sonic Adventure 2 - "Cannon's Core Part 3" - PianoMan
MUS MID

It gets all funky at the end and I can't quite figure it out. Can someone help me find the right notes?

The Deku Trombonist

I'm workin' on it.

EDIT: Wooo! I actually did something. Link!
I'm hoping I haven't screwed anything up, I'm a little tired at the moment.

PianoMan

You made some good edits even where I thought I had it right. Thanks! I'm not sure all of them are right, but I'll take a listen and see.

Edit: Actually they're all good. Thanks!

Sekter77

All this Sonic Adventure stuff is really cool! Since my main instrument is guitar, all these riffs and power chords make me a happy camper. I'll have to learn all of these now that the music's already written out for me. Thanks!
Guitar and video games.

PianoMan

Quote from: Sekter77 on December 19, 2010, 08:37:20 AMAll this Sonic Adventure stuff is really cool! Since my main instrument is guitar, all these riffs and power chords make me a happy camper. I'll have to learn all of these now that the music's already written out for me. Thanks!
Well, thanks! If there are any in particular you want, I'd love to do it. I'm trying to hit all the good songs from SA2, and I'm struggling to find many ones worth doing. I plan on doing pretty much all the menu music (which is pretty easy), and I'll probably do some of the iconic songs like Live and Learn and It doesn't matter and the City Escape song. I think I'll do the event music (which isn't really for guitar...). But I love the soundtrack, so definitely request songs you'd like.

EDIT: In The Groove from Sonic. MUS
I tried to add the bass where it sounded empty, but it's cumbersome in some places.
Pumpkin Hill MUS

PianoMan

[N64] -The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time- "Morning Theme" MUS

Sekter77

The morning theme is really good. The link to Pumpkin Hill is invalid though, you should probably fix that.

I finally went through the songs from Sonic Adventure and the ones I'd really like to see finished whenever you can are Mr. Unsmiley (Sky Rail), Unstable World (Crazy Gadget), Highway in the Sky (Final Rush), and Won't Stop, Just Go (Green Forest). I'll probably decide on some more later but I think this is plenty for now. Thanks for taking on all this Sonic music, it's very appreciated.
Guitar and video games.