News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Mario Kart Wii

Started by musicguy49, February 23, 2008, 10:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

...You've never played any of the previous games?  The items are what makes the game fun!

If you want to play a real, intense competitive racer go play one of the racing sims like Project Gotham Racing, Gran Turismo, or Forza Motorsport.

me irl
[close]

MasterPenguin

Spaz much, Razer. But oh well. I like it :].

Toad + Bike = Win.

KefkaticFanatic

Whats with everybody ripping the bikes off of PGR3?  First Mario Kart Wii, now Gran Turismo 5.

:/

me irl
[close]

razer84

lol, i actually kinda like the game, i just thought it would be fun to rant about my one gripe with it. *removes last post*

damn commies.

Jamaha

razer84

Quote from: JaMaHa on April 27, 2008, 12:11:45 PM

exactly. it's fun and all, but when someone nails you with a cheap item it just like F**KDAMNYOU!

damn commies.

KefkaticFanatic

And of course that comic was titled: "Fucking blue shells"

XD

I love xkcd.

QuoteYou can evade blue shells in Double Dash, but it is deep magic.

EDIT:  Ok, this game is a tad bit annoying.  When just playing 50CC with the Wii Wheel 90% of the items went toward me, completely ignoring any opponents and the fact that they've run into various items along the way.  Also, the graphics in this game are horrendous.  The character models are all blocky, and the Miis on the sidelines are frickin' 2D.  Meh, its still fun, just nowhere near as fun as the older ones.  Also, the tricks rarely work when shaking the wheel.

me irl
[close]

zahndy

Quote from: zahndy on April 24, 2008, 12:41:31 PMi know a way to partly dodge a POW block.
when a POW appears (boom, boom, BOOM) 0.5 sec before the third boom, shake you wii wheel/wiimote like a maniac and you will make a 720º degree spin with a blue wave around you, instead of a 1640º spin.

note: do not do this when you are peforming a wheelie

did anyone even try this  >:(
please delete this account

KefkaticFanatic

No, I forgot what you said ::)  I thought you said to jump right before, so that didn't help at all :P

I'll try it next time I play.

me irl
[close]

chipmunk884

I agree with the items being cheap since they usually all go to you.  For example, i got hit by a blue shell, then a red shell, then another blue shell within like 5 seconds.  Also, I think that the graphics could have been a little better, but they are at the higher end for wii games.  Finally, how dare you say that the trick system is stupid/doesn't work.  It works about 98% of the time for me, and is a great addition, especially on stages like dk summit with the half pipe.

sonic130

Personally, I think this game is amazing. I like it a lot, and I don't mind the graphics. They're not that bad. I haven't tried the online yet, but I'm sure it will be better than brawl's online from watching some youtube vids. So, what's your favourite course(s)? Mine would have to be either Koopa Cape, or Rainbow road. Sure rainbow road's hard, but it's really fun.

B-Kpianist

i still need to go buy that game! I actually was looking foward to MKwii more than SSBB ::) Don't hate me for that lol :P

MegaMoo

I agree that this game really tries to make winning hard. Three times today I was hit with a blue shell/lightning right before the finish. Once was literally a foot or two in front of the line, causing me to place 3rd. Other than the cheap computers, though, this game is great. I don't think the graphics are bad at all and the trick system has only failed me maybe twice.

KefkaticFanatic

After playing this game a ton more, theres only 1 real complaint I have: 12 racers is too many!  With all these people, there are way too many items flying around, including 3x more lighting and blue shells than in the last game, which is INCREDIBLY annoying.  Here's a basic race for me: 

In first place
Get hit by a red shell, 2nd place guy coming up behind
Blue shell comes out of nowhere and hits me, I fall back to third
Lightning strikes the second I recover from the blue shell, immensely slowing me down so that it takes me forever to regain my spot at first.

me irl
[close]

razer84

Quote from: Gamer4250 on April 29, 2008, 10:14:38 PMAfter playing this game a ton more, theres only 1 real complaint I have: 12 racers is too many!  With all these people, there are way too many items flying around, including 3x more lighting and blue shells than in the last game, which is INCREDIBLY annoying.  Here's a basic race for me: 

In first place
Get hit by a red shell, 2nd place guy coming up behind
Blue shell comes out of nowhere and hits me, I fall back to third
Lightning strikes the second I recover from the blue shell, immensely slowing me down so that it takes me forever to regain my spot at first.

same.

damn commies.