News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Mario Kart Wii

Started by musicguy49, February 23, 2008, 10:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Kpianist

did they bring back any of the old courses?

KefkaticFanatic

PLEASE tell me that normal GCN controller controls work just fine, I would hate to be forced to use gimmicky controls.  Also, is everyone else right about how the Wii Wheel is a piece of shit?

me irl
[close]

zahndy

1. yes there are some old courses
2. you can use the wii wheel, the wiimote, wiimote + nunchuck, classic controller and the gamecube controller.
and the wii wheel iz fun it just adds some extra game experience......(".)
please delete this account

KefkaticFanatic

Nintendo said that you can't do some sort of thing if you use the GCN controller or classic controller, do you know what it is?

me irl
[close]

zahndy

yeah.....pushing the home button ...(looking in the manual)
and their treating wii wheel users as if they have some sort of a handicap and will recieve extra points

musicguy49

Maybe the wii wheel is good.....although I doubt it....

Shiny Boy

@musicguy49:
Quote from: zahndy on April 11, 2008, 02:46:35 PMand their treating wii wheel users as if they have some sort of a handicap and will recieve extra points
ahem.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

KefkaticFanatic

The wheel is just another gimmick.  I doubt that it really is any good if you actually want to play the game seriously and be good at it.  Just like the sideways wiimote controls for Smash.

me irl
[close]

zahndy

Quote from: ZnD on April 12, 2008, 05:17:49 AMYou get used to it. The Wii Wheel is just as easy to play with as the GC controller.

Game are made for fun > Wii Wheel
yep

Gu4n

Played it intensely today, but I don't really like it. It's better than I expected, but still not something I'd buy.

Shiny Boy

Or at least not until the retail price comes down.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

DrHectic

Drifting in this game is awful!! If you liked the DS Mario Kart (and snaking :P) you're going hate drifting in this! Manual drift = jump and slide + wait for blue sparks and wait longer for red sparks.

Some of the new courses are pretty awesome though. Battle mode a huge disappointment.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: DrHectic on April 16, 2008, 03:21:02 AMDrifting in this game is awful!! If you liked the DS Mario Kart (and snaking :P) you're going hate drifting in this! Manual drift = jump and slide + wait for blue sparks and wait longer for red sparks.

Some of the new courses are pretty awesome though. Battle mode a huge disappointment.

Haha, thats because they purposely killed snaking to keep the cheating scum that used it at bay.  It completely ruined the online play of Mario Kart DS ya know.

me irl
[close]

Linky

Pretty fun, I prefere the Remote+nunchuck control. Indeed the battle mode is shit, and now you can't see how fast you drive anymore :(

KefkaticFanatic

So they made battle mode bad?
LAME.

I was really hoping it to be good with the team battles :'(

me irl
[close]