News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Finale Help Topic

Started by Ragster2448, October 30, 2011, 02:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on January 01, 2012, 06:14:50 PMNo, it's just Finale.  Finale Reader plays fine. I'm not sure what I did, I was trying to set up my new MIDI chord after fixing it (my dog chewed it up the day I got it.).  I must of changed something?
some possible solutions:

Check in "MIDI/Audio ->Device Setup ->MIDI Setup..." to see if the MIDI Out is set to something other than '(none)."

Check the MIDI/Audio Menu to see if you have it set to "Play Finale Through MIDI."

If MIDI Out is set to your MIDI cable, perhaps the cable's connection got severed from your dog chewing on it. change the MIDI Out to "Smartmusic SoftSynth 1" and see if you get sound.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Ragster2448

Does that fix playback errors, like skipping and choppy-ness? I seem to have problems with Finale when I try to play it. It's really annoying because I can't see if that part sounds right with all of the skipping.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Ragster2448 on January 04, 2012, 11:14:18 AMDoes that fix playback errors, like skipping and choppy-ness? I seem to have problems with Finale when I try to play it. It's really annoying because I can't see if that part sounds right with all of the skipping.

I doubt it.

are you running anything else that's memory-intensive? it might be that your computer's whatchamadoodle is using too much memory at once or something(i'm not good with computer jargon).

Ragster2448

I did have a few programs running along with it... plus I have a piece of crap computer. I'll try it and see if it works better

MassiveMayhem

Okay, I got my new MIDI cable and I don't know why when I hit a key, (then press 5) a quarter rest pops up.  Someone help! I'm kinda new to MIDI and stuff.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

Shadoninja

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on January 13, 2012, 12:20:55 PMOkay, I got my new MIDI cable and I don't know why when I hit a key, (then press 5) a quarter rest pops up.  Someone help! I'm kinda new to MIDI and stuff.
the 5 key should only enter in the note that's a 5th above the selected note. perhaps you're hitting the R key?

MassiveMayhem

No I don't think so. I might have set up the MIDI setup wrong. Can you tell me how to properly do that?

Shadoninja

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on January 13, 2012, 01:31:05 PMNo I don't think so. I might have set up the MIDI setup wrong. Can you tell me how to properly do that?
Install the midi cable according to the instructions

open finale and go to "MIDI/Audio-Midi->Device Setup->MIDI Setup...". Under MIDI In, select your midi cable, which in my case would be "USB MIDI Interface", and hit OK. There usually isn't any other option other than "(none)" in MIDI In.

MassiveMayhem

Nope. Am I entering the note in wrong? All it pops in are rests.

Shadoninja

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on January 13, 2012, 01:56:18 PMNope. Am I entering the note in wrong? All it pops in are rests.
what do you have selected? simple entry or simple entry rests?

MassiveMayhem

What. I'm so new at this I'm like, fresh out of the box. 

Shadoninja

the palettes that look like this

you probably have the quarter rest selected.

MassiveMayhem

I have speedy entry selected.

MassiveMayhem

I got it! thanks for the help :)

Shadoninja

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on January 13, 2012, 02:18:38 PMI have speedy entry selected.
I've never used speedy entry so I wouldn't be much help in this case.

Quote from: MassiveMayhem on January 13, 2012, 02:22:49 PMI got it! thanks for the help :)
awesome. your welcome.