News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The "Fixing the Sheets" Project

Started by Shadoninja, October 02, 2011, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on October 08, 2012, 05:23:22 PMI know Warioman already did this one, but his was still missing some parts.

It's ok. It only took me 10 minutes to do the replacement, so I didn't repair a lot in details. Almost done it completely by ear. lol
Please use Bespin's one as replacement.  :)

Bespinben

For Ness's Victory below, I actually didn't change Hoji's arrangement at all. Thought it was really good. All I did here was add a tempo marking, some articulation, and correct the composer and copyright info.

[GCN] Super Smash Bros. Melee:

"Ness's Victory":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

As for Pokemon Victory below, I did my usual overhauling of the arrangement. Problematically, I couldn't get the ending quite right like the original, since the piano simply can't sustain notes at a constant volume after striking. I think it still works though.

"Pokémon Victory":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Quote from: Meta-Ridley on October 10, 2012, 04:53:26 AMHey Bespinben, I thought I'd let you know that in Australia, most upright pianos "sostenuto" pedal is actually a silent pedal which places felt against the strings to dampen the sound. So, I can't actually do your final destination transcription. MY LIFE IS RUINED

That's interesting. I thought it was just certain models of Yamaha uprights that had middle pedals as silent "practice pedals". Anyway, you can still use the usual sustain pedal there, but you just won't be able to play those certain parts staccato, as indciated.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bespinben

As of now, I believe all the Victory themes are complete :D HuZZAH!

Original arrangement was OK-ish, but was missing some parts. Here's my replacement.

"DK's Victory":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

I know Warioman already did this one too, but a tempo of 210 quarters per minute is simply incorrect for this song, so I did my own replacement.

"Fox's Victory":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Original arrangement was horrid, which is hard to believe since the song is very simple. There is a small music theory dillemma here though. As of now, I'm treating the piece as D minor with a Picardy third ending. However, it is also possible to treat the piece as a D major piece that heavily borrows from the parallel minor. I went with the D minor treatment because it reduced the total number of accidentals, making things clearer. What do you guys think?

"Samus's Victory":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on October 11, 2012, 04:13:37 PMOriginal arrangement was horrid, which is hard to believe since the song is very simple. There is a small music theory dillemma here though. As of now, I'm treating the piece as D minor with a Picardy third ending. However, it is also possible to treat the piece as a D major piece that heavily borrows from the parallel minor. I went with the D minor treatment because it reduced the total number of accidentals, making things clearer. What do you guys think?

D minor is ok, I think.  :)

Jompa

Quote from: Bespinben on October 11, 2012, 04:13:37 PMOriginal arrangement was horrid, which is hard to believe since the song is very simple. There is a small music theory dillemma here though. As of now, I'm treating the piece as D minor with a Picardy third ending. However, it is also possible to treat the piece as a D major piece that heavily borrows from the parallel minor. I went with the D minor treatment because it reduced the total number of accidentals, making things clearer. What do you guys think?
In this kind of situation, you're supposed to use minor - The song itself is minor (one and a half measure), it's just the ending chord that's major, So minor is fine :)
Birdo for Smash

Bespinben

Quote from: Jompa on October 12, 2012, 09:43:33 AMThe song itself is minor (one and a half measure), it's just the ending chord that's major, So minor is fine :)

Right, Picardy third ending. Just not used to seeing those outside church hymns, that's all :P

Yugi

Could I sign up for Quality Assurance.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

starrgrl24

Quote from: Bespinben on October 11, 2012, 04:13:37 PM[GCN] Super Smash Bros. Melee:

"Fox's Victory":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Hey, I'm gonna be super picky about your choice of key signature.

This is actually in G mixolydian mode! That is why it's really hard to tell. it's neither major nor minor. <: One clue is that it starts and ends in a g major chords, yet it sounds in a different mode. The seven is flat, which is why you see a lot of f natural when you would assume there would be an f sharp. Because this is in g mixolydian mode, this would preferably be written as if it was in c major. :P
Now the chord in the 2nd major may bring skepticism. The e flat chord in first inversion is a flat sixth chord (VIb) of the g major scale. It borrows from its supposedly minor counterpart. That chord is not really in the scale so it has nothing to do with the key signature. It just adds flavor to the music!

Feel free to argue against me fellow music theorist. haha

Now for the samus victory theme, it does indeed end in a picardy third. <: It is totally in d minor.

I apologize if I am sounding egotistical...I just never got to use my music theory knowledge outside the classroom. So yes, this is the cool stuff you learn when you go to music school! :D

I like chocolate. :3

Meta-Ridley

Musicman21

Hey, I would like to join in on this project as an arranger. Where can I start?

JDMEK5

Sign me up on the arranger team. I'm going to run though the Pokémon section and fix all those battle themes.
(As well as encounter themes)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

JDMEK5

Here's the battle themes for Black/White.

ZIP

Note for the Elite Four theme: I'm going to make a complete replacement for that because there are quite a number of issues.
I've just fixed the text to last until I get that done.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Winter

You guys go right ahead.

PM Shadoninja for what's ready to be worked on.

JDMEK5

But Shado's not around anymore... :(

My Arrangements