News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The "Fixing the Sheets" Project

Started by Shadoninja, October 02, 2011, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 20, 2012, 02:33:46 AMBrawl. 'Cause people are more into the newer games.

So what? The Melee section needs much more work. I think Melee would be a good start.

"Hammer"  ZIP
"Fox's Victory"  ZIP
"Kirby's Victory"  ZIP

Also, just to avoid mix-ups and save time, I'd like to share here some info:

The composers are: Hirokazu Ando, Tadashi Ikegami, Shogo Sakai and Takuto Kitsuta.
As the great majority of songs are remixes from original songs, then: "Original composed by [composer of the original song]",  (Below) "Arranged by Hirokazu Ando, Tadashi Ikegami, Shogo Sakai and Takuto Kitsuta" and (Below) "Re-arranged by [name of the arranger]"

Copyright:    (Hal Laboratory /)optional Nintendo © 2001
                               http://ninsheetm.us

Subtitle: Super Smash Bros. Melee (Not Super Smash Brothers Melee or SSBM  :P)

You can check my arrangement of "Hammer" (see above) for a real example. If you want, you can use it as a template and arrange on it, I don't care.

There are some Youtube videos which have various songs from Melee performed on piano. Even if they're all two piano duets, maybe they could be helpful.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3 (1/2)
Part 3 (2/2)

You can find the songs played in each video by looking at the descriptions.

Hmm... Here we have some names that aren't official. By official I mean the names of the songs that appear on the Sound Test of SSBM.

- All Star Lobby should be All-Star Intro.
- Balloon Fight is correct.
- Big Blue is correct.
- Break the Targets should be Targets!.
- Brinstar is correct.
- Classic Clear [character] and [character] Victory should be [character]'s Victory, with the exception of Zelda Team Victory instead of Link's Victory and Fire Emblem Team Victory instead of Marth's Victory. Also, Donkey Kong's victory theme should be written as DK's Victory. Pokemon victories should also be written as Pokemon Victory.
- Corneria is correct.
- Dreamland should be Dream Land N64.
- Fever should be Dr. Mario.
- Fire Emblem Theme and Together, We Ride! should be Fire Emblem.
- Flatzone should be Flat Zone.
- Fountain of Dreams is correct.
- Hammer is correct, sheet is not. (Replacement above)
- Hyrule Temple is correct.
- Icicle Mountain is correct.
- Master Hand Battle should be Final Destination.
- Menu should be Menu 1, since there is a Menu 2.
- Onett is correct.
- Opening is correct.

For further info, go here.

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 20, 2012, 03:12:56 AM"Original composed by [composer of the original song]",  (Below) "Arranged by Hirokazu Ando, Tadashi Ikegami, Shogo Sakai and Takuto Kitsuta" and (Below) "Re-arranged by [name of the arranger]"
Please tell me you got that from my SMB3 arrangement? ^^
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on July 20, 2012, 03:43:36 AMPlease tell me you got that from my SMB3 arrangement? ^^

Part from your SMB3 arrangement and part from this. But yeah, your arrangement reminded me. ^^

Jompa

Neat :) Well mine's more accurate to your template :P
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

I know. That's why I prefered yours.

Bespinben

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 20, 2012, 03:12:56 AMCopyright:     Nintendo / Hal Laboratory © 2001
                               http://ninsheetm.us

I believe the "What should your sheet look like" thread states that copyright contains only the publisher and date of publication, not the developer. As such, Hal Laboratory could should be left out.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on July 20, 2012, 07:47:16 AMI believe the "What should your sheet look like" thread states that copyright contains only the publisher and date of publication, not the developer. As such, Hal Laboratory could should be left out.

I always include the developer in my arrangements, but I guess you're right. Gonna change it.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bespinben on July 20, 2012, 07:47:16 AMI believe the "What should your sheet look like" thread states that copyright contains only the publisher and date of publication, not the developer. As such, Hal Laboratory could should be left out.
Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 20, 2012, 07:50:21 AMI always include the developer in my arrangements, but I guess you're right. Gonna change it.
I include the developer too if it's different from the publisher.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bespinben

Quote from: Shadoninja on July 20, 2012, 08:20:15 AMI include the developer too if it's different from the publisher.

Issue solved then!

*btw, I'm claiming the replacement for Opening. I say replacement because that's what I intend to do, since evilsqweaky's arrangement does not give the epic, cinematic intro of the game the justice it deserves*
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Quote from: Shadoninja on July 20, 2012, 08:20:15 AMI include the developer too if it's different from the publisher.
Quote from: Bespinben on July 20, 2012, 08:27:53 AMIssue solved then!

Ugh. Now I have to correct the mus and pdf again. -_-

spitllama

It sounds more like a matter of preference WarioMan, I don't think you need to change it.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DonValentino

k. Personally, I'll just continue writing the developer too. 'Hal Laboratory' is optional, then. Not important at all anyways. :P

"Fox's Victory"  ZIP
"Kirby's Victory"  ZIP

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on July 20, 2012, 08:27:53 AM*btw, I'm claiming the replacement for Opening. I say replacement because that's what I intend to do, since evilsqweaky's arrangement does not give the epic, cinematic intro of the game the justice it deserves*

Ehem, after watchin this video, I just hope you don't let me down.  :P

FSM-Reapr

He actually liked that video in Youtube before you posted your message.

*STALKER*

DonValentino

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on July 28, 2012, 06:55:53 AMHe actually liked that video in Youtube before you posted your message.

*STALKER*

Really? Ahh, coincidences...