News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The "Fixing the Sheets" Project

Started by Shadoninja, October 02, 2011, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: xK-NiGhTx on January 16, 2012, 09:49:41 AMActually now that i think about it, i dont really know any of these songs. Do you think that'll make a difference?
I include links to the original so that people who are not familiar with the tunes(such as yourself in this case) will have a reference point to judge whether a sheet is accurate or not. So long as you have an objective ear and an eye for error-spotting, it should not make any difference.

Yes, the "Objective Ear" and "Eye of Error-spotting" are real items that you need to find in a dungeon. Don't forget your Monsterbane Sword. : P
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

K-NiGhT

Well then you must point me to said dungeon. :o
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Winter

What dungeon? He said he had links to the original..

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Shadoninja

I finally got some time to look at the sheets proper.

Ridley

I don't think this is an /8th time piece at all. It sounds more like it should be a fast 4/4
The enharmonics are all over the place and inconsistent.
Quarter note tempo should not be used in 8 time.

Sandy Maridia

Those notes in the bass don't need to be accented at all.
There are a number of unplayable as written passages such as M19, M25-26, and M31.
Perhaps there could be some pedal markings, that would also fix some of the unplayable parts.
Measure 41 – I don't think there should be a key here. It's very chromatic.

Torvus Bog

This really shouldn't be in cut time at all.
In my opinion, there shouldn't be any more than 2 tied whole notes. Generally the piano won't sustain the notes that long, thus it's unnecessary and looks odd.
Measure 5-12 – Does the low G need to be accented?
Measure 28 – That high G might be difficult to read. Perhaps drop that part down an octave and use 15ma?
Measure 49-73, 90-111 – Instead of using a bunch of 8va's, why not make that section use an octave treble clef?
The amount of silence at the end is a bit excessive. If this was being performed for an audience, they would think that the piece is over. I would cut the last three measures.
The sheet needs measure numbers at the start of each system.

Channel Theme

It sounds like the rhythm in measure 1 is wrong.

Battle with Gandraya

There should be octave treble clefs where there are long sections with 8va.
Measure 11-12 – The rhythm should be more like measure 15-16.
Measure 31-40 – are those D notes necessary?
Measure 33 – Why is the Segno in the middle? It should be above the barline.
Measure 45 – Change the last two quarter rests into a half rest.
Measure 45, 50 – Either there should be a lower E in the second 16th note or a removal of the lower F note.
Measure 67-74 – the right hand notes are too high. Put them in an octave clef.

Olimar12345

Torvus Bog

-Fixed.
-That's how it is in the original.
-Yes. It sounds like that in the original.
-I'd love to, but printmusic can't make quindicesima altas/bassas.
-Printmusic can't do that either...
-Deleting measures because of inactivity is wrong. To be accurate I say leave them in.
-Fixed.

Here's the latest version I have
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

spitllama

^^ Shouldn't there be a repeat sign at the end instead of "go back to measure 1?"
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345

Quote from: spitllama on January 26, 2012, 04:03:34 PM^^ Shouldn't there be a repeat sign at the end instead of "go back to measure 1?"

I couldn't make one that didn't repeat to measure 17.

EDIT: Thanks, TDT!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Meta-Ridley

- After rechecking these bars several times, I am confident that the rhythm is correct.
- Yes, in fact they are very necessary. They are emulating the drum-beat, and I think they do it well.
- Fixed.
- Fixed.
- No, I have done this on purpose. You can hardly put any shape into it if you just hammer away the octaves at that speed.    Plus if I took out the bottom F, it would be very awkward to get to the chord. Seriously, try it on your piano.
- Yes, I was a bit unsure about that. If I move it down an octave, it will clash with what the left hand is doing. The only other option is to have the melody lower than the "ostinato", which I think wouldn't be quite as accurate. If you have any suggestions, please tell me.

pumpy_heart

Here's the two pieces I was assigned, all tidied up and fixed up.

[GC] Metroid Prime 2 - "Hydro Dynamo" - MetroidHunter26 MUS
[GC] Metroid Prime 2 - "Sanctuary Fortress" - Musical Toxin MUS Midi

Shadoninja

Quote from: pumpy_heart on January 29, 2012, 01:38:13 PMHere's the two pieces I was assigned, all tidied up and fixed up.

[GC] Metroid Prime 2 - "Hydro Dynamo" - MetroidHunter26 MUS
[GC] Metroid Prime 2 - "Sanctuary Fortress" - Musical Toxin MUS Midi
thanks. I'll take a look at them when I have time.

also, we only have 8 more sheets to look over woo!

Winter

spitllama

Here's my two pieces, fixed:

[SNES] Super Metroid - "Sandy Maridia" - Brassman388 Zip
[SNES] Super Metroid - "Ridley" - Brassman388 Zip

I don't really think that Ridley should be 4/4... and even if it was the piece gets real screwed up when I change it. I can still alter it but it'll take some time.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345