News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The "Fixing the Sheets" Project

Started by Shadoninja, October 02, 2011, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: WiiMan96 on December 30, 2011, 03:07:50 PMI'd have finished my QA duties by now, but I'm currently not feeling well at all and probably won't be able to check those sheets in time for a replacement to be made before the deadline. :( Letting you know, Shado, so that maybe you can pass the checking on if the deadline is to be met? I'll make it up to you all once I'm feeling better! (And if it's not done before the deadline I'll get to it as soon as possible.)

Sorry.
it's alright. get well soon!
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

WiiMan96

pumpy_heart

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 30, 2011, 02:55:13 PMgreat! do you have skype? I'd like to have one place for everyone to discuss things
Yes, I do. I'm pumpy_heart. Just send me requests and I'll add everyone. You could search Thomas Wilson, alternatively.

Winter

Well, we're nearly finishing up here.

pumpy_heart

Skype keeps crashing for some unknown reason. Uninstalled and reinstalled, no fix. If you need me, send me a message on facebook.

Winter

Thank you to everyone for making this possible! Made for a great update this year! Can't wait to announce that every Metroid song we have is perfection!

Shadoninja

Quote from: Winter on January 01, 2012, 01:09:52 AMThank you to everyone for making this possible! Made for a great update this year! Can't wait to announce that every Metroid song we have is perfection!

yeah but can we not do these powerfixing-all-nighters again? I still feel terrible for assigning work to others and then doing it myself.

Winter

Heh. That's a deal. I'll make sure to plan ahead next time.

Winter

Poll Added, smaller sections included.

JDMEK5

Sign me up for all duties. I may have to resign from a couple if I get way too busy of course.
But if all goes well, I should be able to keep these positions for quite a while.
I basically just said the latter part to let you know that nothing is set in stone.
But I'm psyched! Let's do this!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

I'd like to quality check sheets. If you need help in that department...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

pumpy_heart

So I've been working on my sheets. Hydro Dynamo repeats things in almost a random order. Should the sheet account for this or is it alright that since all the music included in the arranged piece, the piece can stand as is?
The piece still needs a few musical edits and format rehashes whichever the case may be.

And for Sanctuary Fortress, only a few changes need to be made. Sometimes, the range for one clef gets too high or too low and either needs 8va/8vb or a clef change. Some of the 16th note pickups are missing too later in the piece when they begin, such as 6th page, 2nd system, 2nd measure. The spacing is messed up in the bass at times as well. The line sometimes jumps the octave randomly, though I'm sure that the arranger was trying to compensate for the high range.

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 01, 2012, 05:40:28 PMSign me up for all duties. I may have to resign from a couple if I get way too busy of course.
But if all goes well, I should be able to keep these positions for quite a while.
I basically just said the latter part to let you know that nothing is set in stone.
But I'm psyched! Let's do this!
welcome to the team!

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 01, 2012, 07:05:06 PMI'd like to quality check sheets. If you need help in that department...
yes please! and I'd like to apologize for doing the sheets that you were looking over.

could you please look at the two remaining sheets?

Metroid Prime 2
Composer(s): Kenji Yamamoto
Copyright: Retro Studios, Nintendo © 2004

Torvus Bog

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Composer(s): Kenji Yamamoto, Minako Hamano, Masaru Tajima
Copyright: Retro Studios, Nintendo © 2007

Channel Theme

Remember to post feedback here.

Quote from: pumpy_heart on January 01, 2012, 07:09:01 PMSo I've been working on my sheets. Hydro Dynamo repeats things in almost a random order. Should the sheet account for this or is it alright that since all the music included in the arranged piece, the piece can stand as is?
The piece still needs a few musical edits and format rehashes whichever the case may be.

hmmm I suppose it could stand as is.

Updated the poll with sections that were not in the previous poll and to make sure the poll results stay fair, I reset the poll votes. please vote again if you have not done so already.

pumpy_heart

I was thinking the same too. Thanks!
I finished the Golden Sun section this past summer. Everything in it is already finished. *votes again*

Winter

That's why I didn;t have it in the original poll, lol