The "Fixing the Sheets" Project

Started by Shadoninja, October 02, 2011, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

Quote from: Shadoninja on October 24, 2011, 01:20:50 AMwelcome to the team!

yes fresh eyes are best because arrangers have a bias in songs they've worked on and thus neutral views provide the best feedback.

thank you.
So true! I've never played any Metroid games, and the only music I've heard from the series is from SSBB. :)

Also, I've changed the modifier/arranger names on those sheets. Just use the links on the previous page.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

fingerz

NO! DO NOT RUIN OUR PROJECT YOU FILTHY BOT!!
Someone revome that post please, I beg you. It's an eyesore! :P
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Winter

Shadoninja

Note: When claiming a sheet, please list all of the sheets that you are claiming in the thread so that we may prevent confusion. please be as specific as possible.

Quote from: pumpy_heart on October 24, 2011, 05:46:51 AMI can tell you they all need work. Sometimes, measures are missing. Repeats and 1st and 2nd endings would work wonders on the pieces that generally repeat the same material the entire song. Parts are wrong too.
It'll take a lot to go through all 4. So yeah, if someone else wants to take 2, that's fine by me.
which ones are you doing then?

Quote from: Sekter77 on October 24, 2011, 12:59:31 PMHere's my commentary on some of the Metroid sheets.

If I get time, I might look over a few more sheets, especially if you guys find these notes helpful. I tried to keep them succinct, but that may have cost detail, so if I need to clarify anything, let me know.
I think your notes work.
any reason why you uploaded a document instead of posting them here? I'd much prefer it if you listed them here. also, if you decide to look at other sheets could you list them here? that'll help others know which ones to look at. thank you.

Chozo Guide(Renamed to Chozo Statue Map Theme) MUS
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

pumpy_heart

I guess I'll do the first two and someone else can do the second 2.

spitllama

Good
These sheets were great. Both were accurate, had dynamics, and followed correct tempo and time signature.

All I did was change the composer and copyright info:

Ridley

Sandy Maridia
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

fingerz

Alrighty! Finished a sheet. Here it is:

Metriod Prime
Chozo Artifact Temple - Formatting issues fixed, playability corrected, melodic line fixed, missing noted added, bass/treble swaps fixed, missing measures added, irrelevant coda deleted, modifier added.

Spitllama, you should add what you've done here so everyone knows what's been done and what hasn't. :)

spitllama

K I added it. Do I need to post the links anywhere or is here fine?

EDIT: Shado I can also be a PDF converter
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

fingerz

Quote from: spitllama on October 30, 2011, 05:09:27 PMK I added it. Do I need to post the links anywhere or is here fine?
You should post links here for Shado and Winter to check out.

Bespinben

I'll definitely join in on this project when you guys start doing Pokémon or Zelda stuff.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

Oh, I see. You don't want to expand your knowledge of songs? Fine, leave the Metroid and other non-Pokemon and non-Zelda to me. :P

Bespinben

Fingerz uses Guilt-Trip! (Anti-psychology ability modifies damage!)

It's super effective!  >:(

(I'm loving these new smileys)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fingerz

So do I. :D
If we run out of sheets, take some of them from me 'cause I will be busy this week. Just don't take Menu from Metroid Prime. I love that song. :)

fingerz

Quote from: Shadoninja on October 06, 2011, 01:34:22 PMMenu Under Evaluation
Title Theme Under Evaluation
Are these two songs meant to have weird noises that continue through most of the song? It seems really odd...

Olimar12345

Thats how they were in the game.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!