The "Fixing the Sheets" Project

Started by Shadoninja, October 02, 2011, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

NO.

Re-arranged: No. This is not a good word for it, and it is not accurate as we are just copying parts of the melody, not making our own arrangement.
Remixed: NO. We have discussed this before somewhere, and this site will not be associated with remixes.
Transcribed is both the more accurate term and the cleaner-sounding one. We should use it.

Honestly, transcribed is probably the term we should already be using rather than arranged, as we aren't changing anything about the piece.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 02, 2012, 06:23:04 PMRemixed: NO. We have discussed this before somewhere, and this site will not be associated with remixes.
Transcribed is both the more accurate term and the cleaner-sounding one. We should use it.

Honestly, transcribed is probably the term we should already be using rather than arranged, as we aren't changing anything about the piece.
But technically, "Super Mario Bros. 3" from SSBM, is a remix of "Overworld" and "World 1". So Original composed by, Remixed by, Arranged by wouldn't be wrong at all. The arrangement won't be a remix, the song arranged is a remix. I think this fit with SSBM arrangements.
Birdo for Smash

Shadoninja

I think it's time we define what these words even mean in the context of what we do.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 02, 2012, 06:23:04 PMNO.

Re-arranged: No. This is not a good word for it, and it is not accurate as we are just copying parts of the melody, not making our own arrangement.
Remixed: NO. We have discussed this before somewhere, and this site will not be associated with remixes.

That's it. I don't care anymore. When you guys decide, tell me. ¬_¬

Olimar12345

Wow, you guys have made this subject really complicated. Lets just stick to our usual setup:

Composition by: (Original composers and arrangers here)
Arrangement by: (Piano arranger here)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Jompa

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 04, 2012, 09:27:54 PMWow, you guys have made this subject really complicated. Lets just stick to our usual setup:

Yeah.
Birdo for Smash

FSM-Reapr

All the Link's Awakening links are not working... :-\

blueflower999

Then I guess we must awaken the links.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on August 05, 2012, 11:35:39 AMAll the Link's Awakening links are not working... :-\

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 05, 2012, 02:13:41 PMThen I guess we must awaken the links.

Fixed the links. Pure win, btw.

What happened was I made a a sub-folder within my Public folder in Dropbox for all the Link's Awakening replacements and moved the files there, but forgot that that kind of change doesn't automatically update the links. Now realizing that, I went back and manually edited each link by adding "LoZ%20-%20Link%27s%20Awakening/" (the sub-folder name).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Jompa

I have a question:
Am I supposed to post my replacements for SSBM here, like WarioMan did with "Hammer"?
Birdo for Smash

spitllama

Yes. And if possible, update the wiki page.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 04, 2012, 09:27:54 PMWow, you guys have made this subject really complicated. Lets just stick to our usual setup:

Everyone agrees?  :P

Bespinben

Quote from: WarioMan98 on August 06, 2012, 01:02:37 PMEveryone agrees?  :P

I agree. I did the same with my Pokemon anime arrangements - that is, putting both Junichi Masuda and Shinji Miyazaki as the composers.

Quote from: Jompa on August 06, 2012, 10:16:56 AMI have a question:
Am I supposed to post my replacements for SSBM here, like WarioMan did with "Hammer"?

Post your replacements here on this thread, that way we can look through them and give critique. Then, feel free to edit the wiki page accordingly.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday