News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The "Fixing the Sheets" Project

Started by Shadoninja, October 02, 2011, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 20, 2012, 03:12:56 AMAs the great majority of songs are remixes from original songs, then: "Original composed by [composer of the original song]",  (Below) "Arranged by Hirokazu Ando, Tadashi Ikegami, Shogo Sakai and Takuto Kitsuta" and (Below) "Re-arranged by [name of the arranger]"

I don't like the sound of "re-arranged by", since it gives the wrong impression. A re-arrangement would have to involve some kind of drastic pianistic reinterpretation of the song, which, in this case, would not be correct. Since we are merely providing transcriptions, I think perhaps instead we should use "Transcribed by" or "Piano reduction by".
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Jompa

Quote from: Bespinben on July 29, 2012, 08:45:00 PMI don't like the sound of "re-arranged by", since it gives the wrong impression. A re-arrangement would have to involve some kind of drastic pianistic reinterpretation of the song, which, in this case, would not be correct. Since we are merely providing transcriptions, I think perhaps instead we should use "Transcribed by" or "Piano reduction by".
I like: Original composed by [composer of the original song], Arranged by Hirokazu Andou, Tadashi Ikegami, Shougo Sakai and Takuto Kitsuta and Re-Arranged by [name of the arranger].
What about: Original composed by [composer of the original song], Composed by Hirokazu Andou, Tadashi Ikegami, Shougo Sakai and Takuto Kitsuta and Arranged by [name of the arranger]?
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on July 29, 2012, 08:45:00 PMI don't like the sound of "re-arranged by", since it gives the wrong impression. A re-arrangement would have to involve some kind of drastic pianistic reinterpretation of the song, which, in this case, would not be correct. Since we are merely providing transcriptions, I think perhaps instead we should use "Transcribed by" or "Piano reduction by".

I see your point, but don't we use the "Arranged by [arranger]" in normal arrangements? Following your logic, all arrangements on site and the forums would have to be changed to "Transcribed by" or "Piano reduction by". I really think it is the same thing. It doesn't matter if a song has been remixed, or arranged x times, we are doing piano arrangements no matter what.

Quote from: Jompa on July 30, 2012, 01:09:49 AMI like: Original composed by [composer of the original song], Arranged by Hirokazu Andou, Tadashi Ikegami, Shougo Sakai and Takuto Kitsuta and Re-Arranged by [name of the arranger].
What about: Original composed by [composer of the original song], Composed by Hirokazu Andou, Tadashi Ikegami, Shougo Sakai and Takuto Kitsuta and Arranged by [name of the arranger]?

Hmm, that doesn't sound right either. Composed and then "re-composed"? If it's already been composed, then the transcribed song is an arrangement.

Also, Jompa, while in japanese that's the way you write them (if I'm not wrong), the pronunciation is different. You don't say "Andou", you say "Ando", only with the "o" a little but extended even if the "u" is in the written form. It's like "えいが" (film, romanized "eiga"), you pronounce "eega", and not the "i" in the middle.
SO, what I want to say is that it's not "Andou", the pronunciation and therefore the correct romanization would be "Andoo", but the final "o" is omitted, leaving simply "Ando". The same thing happens with "Shougo", which is "Shogo".

Nevertheless, there are exceptions, and unfortunately I don't know if this is the case. I someone knows, please correct me.
Either way, I would suggest writing "Ando" and "Shogo" respectively.

Sorry for the japanese lesson, by the way.  ;D

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 31, 2012, 07:07:12 AMAlso, Jompa, while in japanese that's the way you write them (if I'm not wrong), the pronunciation is different. You don't say "Andou", you say "Ando", only with the "o" a little but extended even if the "u" is in the written form. It's like "えいが" (film, romanized "eiga"), you pronounce "eega", and not the "i" in the middle.
SO, what I want to say is that it's not "Andou", the pronunciation and therefore the correct romanization would be "Andoo", but the final "o" is omitted, leaving simply "Ando". The same thing happens with "Shougo", which is "Shogo".

Nevertheless, there are exceptions, and unfortunately I don't know if this is the case. I someone knows, please correct me.
Either way, I would suggest writing "Ando" and "Shogo" respectively.

Sorry for the japanese lesson, by the way.  ;D
You are right in the case of "Ando", but I'm still convinced that it is "Shougo", or at least "Shōgo".
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on July 31, 2012, 07:35:00 AMYou are right in the case of "Ando", but I'm still convinced that it is "Shougo", or at least "Shōgo".

Yeah, "Shōgo" is the correct form. I forgot to put the symbol, because I ignore it most of the time since is barely the same.  :P
And "Shogo" is correct too. But I'm almost sure that "Shougo" is incorrect though.  :)

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 31, 2012, 08:50:54 AM
QuoteYou are right in the case of "Ando", but I'm still convinced that it is "Shougo", or at least "Shōgo".
Yeah, "Shōgo" is the correct form. I forgot to put the symbol, because I ignore it most of the time since is barely the same.  :P
And "Shogo" is correct too. But I'm almost sure that "Shougo" is incorrect though.  :)
Let me correct myself: "You are right in the case of "Ando", but I'm still convinced that it is *"Shōgo", or at least *"Shougo"."
The "ō" means "ou". If it says "Shōgo", then "Shogo" is incorrect. :)
Also, the reason I thought it was "Andou(ō)" is because "Andō" is a very common japanese name. I knew this from beforehand - and i've never come across any alternate spelling like "Ando" before. But now, after I've looked into it abit more, I've found out that it is "Ando".
Birdo for Smash

Shadoninja

I am officially resigning as project manager and quality assurance. I am a terrible leader and lately I have no interest in looking over sheets. I will stay as First Post Organizer and Arranger.

Updated the FP(First Post). What does everyone think of it?

Weighing in on the creditation:

How about:
"Original Composition by/Originally Composed by
Original Arrangement by/Originally arranged by
Arranged by?"
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on July 31, 2012, 12:08:44 PMLet me correct myself: "You are right in the case of "Ando", but I'm still convinced that it is *"Shōgo", or at least *"Shougo"."
The "ō" means "ou". If it says "Shōgo", then "Shogo" is incorrect. :)

I know, I know. I just said that the pronunciation is practically the same, so it wouldn't matter if the "ō" is written as a normal "o". Of course, the correct form is "Shōgo".

Quote from: Shadoninja on July 31, 2012, 01:15:33 PMHow about:
Arranged by?"

"Original Arrangement"? lol
Not sure... What do you guys think?  :-\

Jompa

Shōgo is correct. Ando is correct. :)
Quote from: Shadoninja on July 31, 2012, 01:15:33 PMI am officially resigning as project manager and quality assurance. I am a terrible leader and lately I have no interest in looking over sheets. I will stay as First Post Organizer and Arranger.

Updated the FP(First Post). What does everyone think of it?

Weighing in on the creditation:

How about:
Arranged by?"
The one I like best is: (Mine & Warioman's)
Original composed by
Arranged by
Re-Arranged by

Second best I think is: (Shadoninja)
Originally composed by
Originally arranged by
Arranged by
Birdo for Smash

Shadoninja

Quote from: Jompa on August 01, 2012, 06:21:11 AMShōgo is correct. Ando is correct. :)The one I like best is: (Mine & Warioman's)
Original composed by
Arranged by
Re-Arranged by

Second best I think is: (Shadoninja)
Originally composed by
Originally arranged by
Arranged by

I think we should avoid the use of "re-arranged" for the reasons Bespinben stated.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

I got it:

Composed by ______________
Arranged by ______________
Transcribed by ______________
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 01, 2012, 07:30:29 PMI got it:

^what I what he said
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

lol oops I missed your post I guess :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 01, 2012, 07:30:29 PMI got it:

But, then we should put:
which I think look weird - therefore I like Re-arranged, OR we could change the first "arranged by" to something like "remixed by".
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on August 02, 2012, 07:14:11 AMBut, then we should put:
which I think look weird - therefore I like Re-arranged, OR we could change the first "arranged by" to something like "remixed by".

That's not a bad idea... "remixed by"... sounds good to me! Anyone else agrees?  :)