News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The "Fixing the Sheets" Project

Started by Shadoninja, October 02, 2011, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Quote from: xK-NiGhTx on January 16, 2012, 09:49:41 AMActually now that i think about it, i dont really know any of these songs. Do you think that'll make a difference?
I include links to the original so that people who are not familiar with the tunes(such as yourself in this case) will have a reference point to judge whether a sheet is accurate or not. So long as you have an objective ear and an eye for error-spotting, it should not make any difference.

Yes, the "Objective Ear" and "Eye of Error-spotting" are real items that you need to find in a dungeon. Don't forget your Monsterbane Sword. : P
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

K-NiGhT

Well then you must point me to said dungeon. :o
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Winter

What dungeon? He said he had links to the original..

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Shadoninja

I finally got some time to look at the sheets proper.

Ridley

I don't think this is an /8th time piece at all. It sounds more like it should be a fast 4/4
The enharmonics are all over the place and inconsistent.
Quarter note tempo should not be used in 8 time.

Sandy Maridia

Those notes in the bass don't need to be accented at all.
There are a number of unplayable as written passages such as M19, M25-26, and M31.
Perhaps there could be some pedal markings, that would also fix some of the unplayable parts.
Measure 41 – I don't think there should be a key here. It's very chromatic.

Torvus Bog

This really shouldn't be in cut time at all.
In my opinion, there shouldn't be any more than 2 tied whole notes. Generally the piano won't sustain the notes that long, thus it's unnecessary and looks odd.
Measure 5-12 – Does the low G need to be accented?
Measure 28 – That high G might be difficult to read. Perhaps drop that part down an octave and use 15ma?
Measure 49-73, 90-111 – Instead of using a bunch of 8va's, why not make that section use an octave treble clef?
The amount of silence at the end is a bit excessive. If this was being performed for an audience, they would think that the piece is over. I would cut the last three measures.
The sheet needs measure numbers at the start of each system.

Channel Theme

It sounds like the rhythm in measure 1 is wrong.

Battle with Gandraya

There should be octave treble clefs where there are long sections with 8va.
Measure 11-12 – The rhythm should be more like measure 15-16.
Measure 31-40 – are those D notes necessary?
Measure 33 – Why is the Segno in the middle? It should be above the barline.
Measure 45 – Change the last two quarter rests into a half rest.
Measure 45, 50 – Either there should be a lower E in the second 16th note or a removal of the lower F note.
Measure 67-74 – the right hand notes are too high. Put them in an octave clef.

Olimar12345

Torvus Bog

-Fixed.
-That's how it is in the original.
-Yes. It sounds like that in the original.
-I'd love to, but printmusic can't make quindicesima altas/bassas.
-Printmusic can't do that either...
-Deleting measures because of inactivity is wrong. To be accurate I say leave them in.
-Fixed.

Here's the latest version I have
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

spitllama

^^ Shouldn't there be a repeat sign at the end instead of "go back to measure 1?"
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345

Quote from: spitllama on January 26, 2012, 04:03:34 PM^^ Shouldn't there be a repeat sign at the end instead of "go back to measure 1?"

I couldn't make one that didn't repeat to measure 17.

EDIT: Thanks, TDT!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Meta-Ridley

- After rechecking these bars several times, I am confident that the rhythm is correct.
- Yes, in fact they are very necessary. They are emulating the drum-beat, and I think they do it well.
- Fixed.
- Fixed.
- No, I have done this on purpose. You can hardly put any shape into it if you just hammer away the octaves at that speed.    Plus if I took out the bottom F, it would be very awkward to get to the chord. Seriously, try it on your piano.
- Yes, I was a bit unsure about that. If I move it down an octave, it will clash with what the left hand is doing. The only other option is to have the melody lower than the "ostinato", which I think wouldn't be quite as accurate. If you have any suggestions, please tell me.

pumpy_heart

Here's the two pieces I was assigned, all tidied up and fixed up.

[GC] Metroid Prime 2 - "Hydro Dynamo" - MetroidHunter26 MUS
[GC] Metroid Prime 2 - "Sanctuary Fortress" - Musical Toxin MUS Midi

Shadoninja

Quote from: pumpy_heart on January 29, 2012, 01:38:13 PMHere's the two pieces I was assigned, all tidied up and fixed up.

[GC] Metroid Prime 2 - "Hydro Dynamo" - MetroidHunter26 MUS
[GC] Metroid Prime 2 - "Sanctuary Fortress" - Musical Toxin MUS Midi
thanks. I'll take a look at them when I have time.

also, we only have 8 more sheets to look over woo!

Winter

spitllama

Here's my two pieces, fixed:

[SNES] Super Metroid - "Sandy Maridia" - Brassman388 Zip
[SNES] Super Metroid - "Ridley" - Brassman388 Zip

I don't really think that Ridley should be 4/4... and even if it was the piece gets real screwed up when I change it. I can still alter it but it'll take some time.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345