Submission Off-Topic Chat

Started by Bespinben, September 25, 2011, 06:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

The end of September draws near...It is my wish that this thread holds true to its title.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Winter

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

DonValentino

Quote from: fingerz on October 01, 2011, 07:09:08 PMSometime could mean any time.

I only hope that the title doesn't become "Submissions when I feel like it".  :-X

Shadoninja

At least it gives us a chance to scrutinize each sheet with a fine tooth comb.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

The Deku Trombonist

So I think it's about time I did an update again. This is could take a while because I'm going to go through them properly.

Also, because we're trying to raise the quality of sheets around here, sheets will now need articulations and dynamics (even if it's just an mp or mf at the start).

dahans

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 03, 2011, 02:57:45 AMSo I think it's about time I did an update again. This is could take a while because I'm going to go through them properly.

Also, because we're trying to raise the quality of sheets around here, sheets will now need articulations and dynamics (even if it's just an mp or mf at the start).
This is not really necessary IMO...
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Bespinben

Which of these do you think is unnecessary? I like having updates for sure, and I think raising the quality standard is a fine idea.

dahans

Quote from: Bespinben on October 03, 2011, 03:46:24 AMWhich of these do you think is unnecessary? I like having updates for sure, and I think raising the quality standard is a fine idea.
Haha na I didn't mean it like that! Both is great, but I don't think we need so many dynamics really.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

spitllama

Dynamics shouldn't be required imo. They're at the discretion of the performer.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

Well, given that even if you did include dynamic markings in the sheet, ultimately the adherance to those markings is still up to the performer, so it's not like you're robbing the performer of artistic freedom if the sheet has dynamic markings. As such, I think requiring dynamic markings even as small as a single "mf" at the beginning of the song is completely fine, as it helps improve playback and the aesthetic quality of the score.
Also, like it or not, but a lot of people on this site mostly are here to HEAR their favorite VG songs played on piano rather than actually the play the song themselves, so MIDI playback is very important item to attend to. And don't pull the "This isn't ninmidimusic" card on me, because honestly, if you think about it, it's kind of true.

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on October 03, 2011, 11:20:26 AMWell, given that even if you did include dynamic markings in the sheet, ultimately the adherance to those markings is still up to the performer, so it's not like you're robbing the performer of artistic freedom if the sheet has dynamic markings. As such, I think requiring dynamic markings even as small as a single "mf" at the beginning of the song is completely fine, as it helps improve playback and the aesthetic quality of the score.
Also, like it or not, but a lot of people on this site mostly are here to HEAR their favorite VG songs played on piano rather than actually the play the song themselves, so MIDI playback is very important item to attend to. And don't pull the "This isn't ninmidimusic" card on me, because honestly, if you think about it, it's kind of true.

Amen!

Olimar12345

Just don't get carried away-Our site is for providing quality sheets to the public. The midi is just a preview, ultimately.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!