News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

R.I.P.: Steve Jobs

Started by NasiDe, October 05, 2011, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NasiDe

I'll admit: I never once bought an iPad, Apple, computer, or iAnything. In fact, I never liked Apple all too much. In the early years I knew them, their computers seemed clunky and in the more recent? Well, over-rated.

But that has no affect on the true cold facts. Apple, along with the man who helped create the company, influenced the world we know today. It helped shape society as we know it.

And Steve Jobs? Well, even though he was far from the best guy in the world, he was certainly vital. He helped create the company. Competing directly with Microsoft right at the outset of the computer world, he innovated and helped stretch technology beyond its limits. It is essentially like telling the Nintendo community that Shigeru Miyamoto died (he has not). That is how great an impact he has had.

Rest In Peace, Steve Jobs.

-NasiDe of ToH/NSM RPG

Meta-Ridley

Except for the fact that Steve Jobs had a much larger impact than Shigeru Miyamoto - Steve Jobs affected not just one industry, but the entire way we live. I know I sound very "Gen Y", but if I took all the Apple products in my house, which includes an iMac, a Macbook, 3 ipods, an iPhone and an iPad, my whole family would be running around in circles. Even if you don't own an Apple product, Steve Jobs made competition with so many other electronics companies to raise the bar higher, and even further than that, and ultimately, technology today is extremely influenced by the work of the visionary, Steve Jobs.

Olimar12345

He had quite an impact on the world and will be missed. Btw, how long have you been back, Ganondorf?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

NasiDe

Indeed he did, bk. I was shocked when I heard he died. It wasn't something I was expecting.

I'm back on and off, but I've started college and I'm managing NSM/ToH RPG nowadays so life gets pretty busy at times.

KefkaticFanatic

Really?  He was on medical leave for a while and just stopped down from his position, that would really only happen if something like this was the case.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Steve Jobs' impact on the world of technology was more enormous than many of us realize. He reinvented the personal computer, the mp3 player, the cell phone, and pretty much created the tablet computer. Without him, who knows exactly what technology would be like.

But I don't feel like this is the last we've seen of Jobs. No matter the situation, Jobs has always managed to return to Apple and make it awesome. I just have a feeling that not even death can stop this man.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Saria

Poor Steve Jobs. :'( May he bring technology to heaven before I go there.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Nebbles

Quote from: Saria on October 06, 2011, 04:48:36 PMPoor Steve Jobs. :'( May he bring technology to heaven before I go there.

A friend of mine on Facebook said he had his own iCloud.

I laughed, but felt bad.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DrP

Steve Jobs' contributions to society changed the entire way we lived, used technology and the whole technology sector

I knew when he stepped down as Apple CEO that he was going to die soon. He loved his job and I feel that he enjoyed being at work every day to help bring new products to life with his creative genius.

He still has left some information on what to do at Apple, leaving a plan in place for at least a few more years until Apple's teams begin to work for the future of the company.