Started by Mashi, October 05, 2011, 07:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Role Reveal:
Jub3r7 - Wolf
Dude - Wolf Shaman

Game Actions Summary:
Night 1
Dude seers SuperFireKirby, who is Human.
Jub3r7 does not send in a wolfing.

Day 1
shadowkirby_64 is lynched.

Night 2
Dude seers MaestroUGC, who is Human.
Jub3r7 wolfs Dude.

Day 2
gzgregory is KitB'd.

Night 3
SuperFireKirby is wolfed.

Day 3
MaestroUGC is Insta'd.

Night 4
Jub3r7 wolfs no one.

Day 4
askalice23 is Insta'd.

1. SlowPokemon - MVP
Night 1
---

Day 1 (Safetied/Voted shadowkirby_64)
Went straight to business and analysed the (lack of) wolfing.  Your deductions were logical, but unfortunately inaccurate for what truly occurred.  However, that can easily be forgiven; it would only be natural to presume that shadowkirby_64 be the most likely candidate to miss a wolfing.  You voted/safetied on him though, which shows that you were willing to change.  Furthermore, you queried gzgregory, showing that you wouldn't be adamant about your vote, which is also good.

Night 2
---

Day 2 (Safetied/Voted gzgregory)
You made a quick post safetying/voting gzgregory due to time constraints you would have in the future.  You stated that gzgregory was the only person you were suspicious of.  It's bad to have one suspicion on Day 2 (Though, you're forgiven this game, since little truly has occurred).  Your "if he actually is human, he's not being all that helpful." certainly raised an eyebrow from me, since it's probably the worst time to be thinking of lynching a Human.  In a worst case scenario, the Wolves would have been able to win by the end of Day 3 (Though, the Wolf Shaman was unfortunately wolfed Night 2, so Humans got rather lucky!).  But nevertheless, you're at least making an effort.
You also used the word frivolous in three of your essays and your graduation writing test, which automatically makes you a candidate for Human MVP!

Night 3
---

Day 3 (Voted askalice23, switched vote to Jub3r7 to avoid Insta of askalice23 due to MaestroUGC's vote, switched to MaestroUGC)
You voted askalice23, because he was the only possible Player (Aside from MaestroUGC) who could be proved suspicious with any evidence.  So your vote, despite being against a Human, is acceptable.
You later switched your vote to Jub3r7, which was a smart move, since it (to you) would have avoided a Wolf Rush or accidental Insta.  However, Players aren't permitted to vote for themselves, so askalice23 was never in danger of being Insta'd.
You changed your vote to MaestroUGC because he was being dumb, which may be forgiven.

Night 4
You were right to be wary of Jub3r7, since he's quite an ingenuous person.  You believed that the game would end in a KitB, but were incorrect.  If you recall, two Phantom votes equal +1.01 votes.  I would have mentioned it, but that would possibly jeopardise Jub3r7's chances of winning (Since one would be expected to wonder why I would mention the mistake so suddenly, unless it was pertinent to the game).  And I'm very pedantic in how I view ideal hosting on my part; I feel that the Host should be involved in the game as little as possible, so I apologise if you feel that any chances of victory were compromised because of me.
askalice23 became suspicious of you for some reason and I'm not really sure why, but oh well.  I think it may possibly have influenced your view of him (Hence why you voted for him), but I think I would have thought the same way as you.

Day 4 (Voted askalice23)
You went with your instincts and voted askalice23.  It was a bit inane of you to do so, in my opinion, and I was quite surprised that you were so impetuous.  Nevertheless, if I were in your position, I believe that I would probably make a similar mistake, so don't feel bad about losing, you performed well, for what the Human team in general was worth!  It would have been more logical for you, however, to have waited before voting and scrutinise the players, analyse their behaviours, etc.  But nevertheless, you played your best this game (Which was much better than most of the other Players' performances).  I think that, even though Humans lost, you're most deserving of MVP.

2. shadowkirby_64
Night 1
---

Day 1 (Lynched)
---

3. askalice23 - Honourable Mention
Night 1
---

Day 1
You thought of why there would be no wolfing and concluded that it was because the Wolf was too timid to risk accidentally wolfing the Wolf Shaman.  Following this logic, you then voted for gzgregory over shadowkirby_64.  Although understandable, I feel that it was a bit rash of you to do so.  But it's Day 1 anyhow, so it's acceptable to make mistakes like this.  If I were playing, however, I believe that I would have became somewhat suspicious of you.  Though, perhaps our playing styles may be attributed to that!
You also kept your eye on MaesyroUGC for keeping a low profile.  I think it's a bit early to discern who's being under the radar, but you show that you're at last cognizant of all that occurs in the game!

Night 2
---

Day 2 (Votes MaestroUGC)
You posted a short analysis of the Players, stating that you were still wary of SlowPokemon and SuperFireKirby, which is good, since nothing has been done so far to truly prove someone's humanity.  I have no clue what futr is, but if it meands Jub3r7 is suspicious, then sure!  You mistakingly presumed that Dude was Human, which I'm hoping was just a small blunder and not the result of not understanding the concept of the game.  Your point on gzgregory pointing Dude as suspicious and Dude being wolfed the following Phase certainly is a good point.  Although I've seen this idea used in a reverse psychological manner, you raised a good point that gzgregory wouldn't be the type of person to wolf Dude as a Wolf.  You voted for MaestroUGC, believing that he was suspicious because he was making trivial posts.  I don't recall MaestroUGC ever playing much before, so I would attribute his playing style to his inexperience.  Though, after seeing his defence, I would find it difficult to blame you for continuing to voting for him out of vexation.  The only thing worse than a suspicious Human is one that can't be read because he/she doesn't care.

Night 3
---

Day 3 (Voted MaestroUGC)
You voted for MaestroUGC for his comment about it being a good game.  I can't really blame you, since I would have done the same thing in your position.
Your following post substantiating MaestroUGC's guilt is a bit weak, however.  I concur with you that SlowPokemon looked humane for changing his vote, but not that he and SlowPokemon both couldn't possibly be Wolves, since it would require them to actually know each other.  Furthermore, you forgot to take into account that the Wolf Shaman could possibly (Even if unlikely) could be alive and whether he knew the Wolf.
But lets just blame this all on MaestroUGC.

Night 4
Although you were correct in that the Wolf should have won, if all 3 Players were of equal standing (No Phantoms), this was not the case in this game.  Two things that you forgot to take into account were Jub3r7's two Phantoms and the possibility that a Wolf would decide to risk a win, rather than rely on a KitB or Draw.
Your last post stated that you were now suspicious of SlowPokemon because of his jumpiness.  I feel that you became a bit defensive and this may have attributed SlowPokemon's suspicion towards you next Phase.  But nevertheless, you played better than most this game, so you receive Honourable Mention!

Day 4 (Insta'd)
Insta'd.

4. SuperFireKirby
Night 1
---

Day 1
You posted all scenarios for why no one was wolfed.  I liked that you did this.  When there's little evidence to substantiate anything, it's best to view all possible cases.  You also didn't seem to find gzgregory suspicious, under the premise that he's just giving out ideas.  I can't say that I myself would follow that logic, but it seems to work for you, anyhow, so A+ I suppose!
You also noted that the Wolf and Wolf Shaman would act and vote differently than one would normally expect, which was a good thing to point out.

Night 2
---

Day 2 (Votes MaestroUGC)
Posted a short (Though, not very fruitful, considering little has occurred.) analysis of the Players.
"1.Slow - hasn't been very active or done very much so far, except defend Dude's honor agaisnt GZGreg. Accept for 2 seconds ago when he posted right before me. JERK" I honestly feel that SlowPokemon has been most active so far, but that's just me!
"5.Jub3r7 - phantomed last round, but then again so did I. Hasn't posted if I recall." THE THREAD WAS 3 PAGES LONG.  SURELY YOU COULD HAVE TAKEN THE 30 SECONDS TO MAKE SURE THIS WAS TRUE?
"8. gzgregory - very suspicious. Outright accused Dude because he along with 6 other people hadn't posted on the thread yet. Definitely on top of the suspicious list." I would become suspicious of you after this remark.  Last Phase, you weren't relatively suspiciouf of gzgregory and attributed his behaviour to carelessness.  However, you quickly changed your opinion, despite little occuring to do so.  You then stated that you would be in the chat, which is A+++++++++.

Night 3 (Wolfed)
Wolfed.

5. Jub3r7 - Honourable Mention
Night 1
Unable to wolf due to real life circumstances.
Still ignominious though!

Day 1
---

Night 2
Jub3r7 wolfs Dude.

Day 2
---

Night 3
Jub3r7 wolfs SuperFireKirby.

Day 3
You sent askalice23 and MaestroUGC a fake PM, stating that you were the Wolf Shaman and you seered him Red.  askalice23 responded in a manner which affirms his humanity (somewhat), which creates an interesting scenario now that MaestroUGC has been lynched.  Because of your two Phantoms, you cannot wolf a Player, otherwise you would lose the game by vote (Because Two Phantoms = +1.01 votes), so your best course of action would be not to wolf.  However, because you made askalice23 look humane (And SlowPokemon already is humane), you've put yourself up for suspicion.  If I were in your position, I would negate askalice23's PM response under the premise that he didn't want to risk claiming to a Human pretending to be Wolf Shaman.  Furthermore, I would take advantage of his belief that Humans would lose at the end of the Phase and distort his words in a way to make it seem natural for him to have believed he could more easily win by not wolfing.  But nevertheless, I'm interested to see what you'll be doing to defend yourself, so good luck, anyhow!

Night 4
You posted saying that you believed askalice23 looked humane and that you were too active to ever miss a wolfing.  This was an adequate defence, but I felt it was a bit lacking.  I probably would have gone offensive towards askalice23, but that's just me.  You won the game anyway, so your methods worked for you at least, so good job!

Day 4 (Insta'd askalice23)
---

6. Dude
Night 1
---

Day 1 (Safetied MaestroUGC)
You made a post with a safety on MaestroUGC and left it at that, stating that there wasn't enough activity.  Nothing spectacular, but nothing suspicious either, so adequate job so far!

Night 2 (Seered Maestro UGC as Human) (Wolfed)
Dude seers MaestroUGC, who is Human.
Wolfed.

7. MaestroUGC
Night 1
---

Day 1 (Safetied Jub3r7)
You safetied on Jub3r7.

Night 2
---

Day 2 (Voted gzgregory)
What.

Night 3
---

Day 3 (Voted askalice23)
What.
Insta'd.

8. gzgregory
Night 1
---

Day 1 (Voted shadowkirby_64)
You agreed with SlowPokemon's vote/safety on shadowkirby_64, which I can't really hold against you.  I would probably have done the same.  However, because you merely added Dude to the "People Who Would Miss A Wolf From Inactivity" list, when there were other candidates, you threw some suspicion on yourself.  I wouldn't really make a big deal about that if I were in the game, but it will still be important in future games for you to make sure you scrutinise everything.

Night 2
---

Day 2 (KitB'd)
You made an adequate defence for yourself, stating why you singled out Dude and shadowkirby_64 in your post.  I like you pointing out Jub3r7's inactivity.  It shows you're aware of his usual behaviour as a Human.  Although aberrant behaviour doesn't necessarily point out that a person is a Wolf, it alerts Players to be wary of them, since it will take more effort to properly read them.  I'm interested to see whether people believe your piece of information is negligible and if it will hold a role in effecting the outcome of the game.  It's effect probably won't be too great initially (Considering that Jub3r7 could easily make an excuse for his inactivity), but hopefully it will keep Jub3r7's name in the back of everyone's mind.
KitB'd.

Closing Remarks:
Overall, this game was mostly disappointing.  I was hoping that things would become intense at the end, but not much happened.  I really wanted to see a chat log this game, but alas, I did not. :(
But nevertheless, out of all the Players, askalice23, Jub3r7, and SlowPokemon did most well.  There may have been some other Players that would probably have been active (Such as Dude and gzgregory), but were unfortunately killed, so don't feel that I'm neglecting you if you at least tried!  You people know whom you are.
Now, I was extraordinarily appalled by MaestroUGC's performance.  It's one thing to be a bad Human, but to be a bad Human intentionally is unacceptable if no ulterior motive is present.  I'm giving you a warning to not ever behave the way you did late in the game ever again, otherwise, there will be consequences.
MVP goes to SlowPokemon, because he tried his best and was probably the most assiduous person this game.  Had the Humans been active, SlowPokemon may have been able to pull a victory, but it's all right; reaching the precipe of the game is still very well done.  I'm proud, so don't feel bad about your performance!
Honourable Mentions go to askalice23 and Jub3r7.  Both Players weren't necessarily very active early in the game, but they at least made some effort at the end of the game to try to win at least.

In other news, I believe that this was the shortest TWG ever, pages wise.  So I suppose that's something to be proud of, especially since it's frivolous and inane to do so!

SlowPokemon

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You played the ABSOLUTE BEST wolf I have seen in a long time! Well done my friend! :D

^above is my recent pm to Jub3r7. Seriously, I would say he should get MVP. XD I screwed the humans over. Still, there were two choices and I have a feeling askalice would have voted for me... I don't know. We had exchanged PMs concerning Jub's suspicion shortly before Maestro's insta. It was fun, sorry humans! :( good game. Better few (mostly) active players than a multitude of lazy ones.

Askalice also was a good candidate for MVP, I really should have listened to him...he made me suspicious for some reason though... Jub showed effort mostly in the second half but performed well.

Thanks for MVP! But I think Jub might have deserved it more.

I had fun! It was less stressful not hosting. I do better as a human than as a wolf.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

I prefer rating players based on effort, rather than skill.

It doesn't matter that Player A has a skill level of 100 while Player B has one of 75 if Player A exerts 50% of his potential while Player B exerts 100%.  In the end, Player B becomes a better Player.  Furthermore, a person who shows consistent performance is going to show consistent improvement.  Jub3r7 could probably have gone through the game better, for example; he only won by a hair.

SlowPokemon

Looking back I can see why I got the award.

EDIT: Ninja'd. You were faster. D:
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Imo, I could have done better... Two phantom votes = terrible for me.

And I felt kinda bad when I wolfed Dude for some reason. :|

SFK would have been a threat, had I kept him alive (and he had been less lazy when reading through the thread.) XD

But yeah. Slow deserves MVP; he stayed active through the whole game, and it was because of him that I almost lost the game...
Wait. DANG IT.

As a human I actually act a little bit different; looking back, I see a few of the mistakes I made (other than being inactive.)
Even if everyone else is voting for the same person, or if that person even claimed to the thread as wolf, I usually always give my own reasoning to show that I'm not bandwagoning (even if it seems really obvious.)
At the time, I just thought about how it would look if I /didn't/ vote for Maestro, rather than what I would normally do as a human.

Sending fake pm's claiming to be the wolf shaman is something you wouldn't do if you were the wolf, and therefore I did.
It kinda sorta worked, but I should've done it earlier in the game when there was more people.

Also I literally wasn't able to get on the computer during the first night phase until right AFTER 9:00. I should have done it the day before, right when the game started, but I had a whole day to do it, so I procrastinated...
Not going to make that mistake in the future, though.

Question, if someone is insta'd and the host hasn't announced it yet, can they still post something relevant to the game?

Ninja'd twice. :( blaaaah.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Mashi

Jub3r7, you sly you, I was just about to post a question about your query on the Insta in the Questions and Discussions topic.

master_gamer38

I watched the game the whole way.

Juber pulled it together at the end very well.

I made the same mistake in rushing my vote on the final day which blew things for the humans in TWG II.

The lack of activity in TWG I'm finding to be seriously disturbing. This was a game where everyone was notified the details of when it would happen. I understand that things come up. But dedicating yourself to this should have resulted in more activity.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Dude

Jub3r7

Quote from: Dude on October 06, 2011, 03:19:25 PMWe won! Yay! Too bad I died!
:< sooorrry.

Quote from: Jub3r7 on October 05, 2011, 07:32:07 PMAnd I felt kinda bad when I wolfed Dude for some reason. :|
And apparently there was a good reason for that feeling, too.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

The last part of the game actually was really great. I just wish I was alive for it. Jub did a great job being wolf. IF THE HUMANS HAD ACTUALLY DONE STUFF(besides Askalice, me, and slow, and kinda Greg I guess) shit would've gotten done. But the best wolf is the one who takes advantage of his situation(like a drunken hotty with daddy issues, WHATUP!).

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!