News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

My Numerous Questions: 8va on Finale Notepad? Tempo Markings?

Started by kayybee, October 04, 2011, 08:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kayybee

Okay, I have a lot of questions (since I'm new to this arranging thing, sorry).

But instead of making tons of threads (there'll be a lot) I'm just going to put it on one thread.

So, here are my questions. I'll keep them with the answers for references.

Should I put two related songs on one or two sheets? They're only a line long each.
Put them on two separate sheets, unless it's a medley. (MaestroUGC)
How do I put tempo markings on my sheet in Finale Notepad?
unanswered
How about 8va?
unanswered
Hello, I'm kayybee. I'm new to this site, but I plan on arranging mainly SMG songs. :)

MaestroUGC

Unless you're making a medley of the two, separate them.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

kayybee

Okay then. I guess it seemed kinda silly to me to have a one line song. :P But now that I think about it, it makes more sense.
Hello, I'm kayybee. I'm new to this site, but I plan on arranging mainly SMG songs. :)

WiiMan96

8va isn't possible in Notepad. However, once you've finished up everything else on the sheet, perhaps you can ask someone with a higher version of Finale to apply it for you.

Olimar12345

As for tempo markings, I don't think notepad can do that either... Do this:
Quote from: WiiMan96 on October 04, 2011, 11:57:37 PMonce you've finished up everything else on the sheet, perhaps you can ask someone with a higher version of Finale to apply it for you.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

pumpy_heart

8va is under the smartshape tool for most Finale products. This tool includes slurs and crescendos. As said before, if your Finale doesn't have this feature, ask someone with a higher version.

I think there's an online help manual that you can search and find out these answers for all versions of Finale. If not, they each come with a manual that could be searched and perhaps answer your questions.

Shadoninja

Quote from: pumpy_heart on October 07, 2011, 08:56:35 PMI think there's an online help manual that you can search and find out these answers for all versions of Finale. If not, they each come with a manual that could be searched and perhaps answer your questions.

http://www.finalemusic.com/Support/UserManuals.aspx
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Jub3r7

If you only have Notepad, and you're printing the sheet for personal use only, you can use the text box tool to note the tempo (if you don't mind that it doesn't actually change the playback speed.)
Otherwise, if you're submitting a sheet to this site, it's better to follow the suggestions above.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

8va: use the tool/square/button that has a tie on it (curvy line), you can choose to make a shape of 8va or 8vb, just stretch it across the section you want to be.

Tempo: text box tool; for the note part, use the font called Maestro (q is a quarter note). Unfortunately, you can't change the tempo of the midi, nor the key signature, in Notepad. It's purely aesthetic. Still, I'm sure you could get someone to fix the tempo in the midi for you. (Such as me)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 09, 2011, 06:05:06 AM8va: use the tool/square/button that has a tie on it (curvy line), you can choose to make a shape of 8va or 8vb, just stretch it across the section you want to be.

In notepad? I didn't think you could...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Jub3r7

Dudeman thought you were talking about tempo markings. Olimar and Slow were referring to the 8va marks.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]