News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

This is an excellent website!

Started by kayybee, October 02, 2011, 09:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kayybee

I have been using NSM for quite some time now, as I have found it to have the largest database of video game music arrangements. It's a great website, and I haven't found a better one. I recently just found the NSM forums, so... That's why I'm now posting my first post.

I can arrange some music (and I'm actually only interested in Mario and Pokémon) but my musical hearing skills aren't to great, so my arrangements may be a little (or lot) off.

But it seems like a great community here on an excellent website!
Hello, I'm kayybee. I'm new to this site, but I plan on arranging mainly SMG songs. :)

Shadoninja

hello there, kayybee, welcome to the forums! :)
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

triforced1

Thank you so much! I don't really do all that much on here, although I'll be back arranging soon. I'm sure all of our arrangers really appreciate your support and use of the sheets! New members are always welcomed...usually :P

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

kayybee

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone!

I'll probably get started arranging tomorrow!
Hello, I'm kayybee. I'm new to this site, but I plan on arranging mainly SMG songs. :)

Winter

If you have any questions about arranging, formatting the sheets, what programs to use, or anything of the sort, just ask me!

kayybee

I was just wondering, which program you recommend I use...

I have a Mac Snow Leopard, 10.6.8.

MaestroUGC

This site uses Finale, none of which any of the programs in the family are free. The cheapest of these is Finale Notepad, which is about $15.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Hi kayybee! I wonder if you've played any of my arrangements, on the site under Jordan Knapp or SlowPokemon! XD wow I'm kind of shamelessly advertising here...

Welcome to the forums! Stay awhile, if you'd like. Or don't, if you wouldn't.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

kayybee

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 03, 2011, 05:15:44 PMThis site uses Finale, none of which any of the programs in the family are free. The cheapest of these is Finale Notepad, which is about $15.
:/ Is there any other program I can use?

I currently use Musescore.
Should I get Finale?

Bespinben

There is the free Finale Notepad 2008 download...
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

Quote from: kayybee on October 03, 2011, 07:27:54 PM:/ Is there any other program I can use?

I currently use Musescore.
Should I get Finale?

You could also get an account on noteflight.com which saves in XML format, then get someone to convert it into a MUS file.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

kayybee

So I can use anything that can convert to a musicXML file, and then just ask someone to convert it into a .mus file? Okay :)

And I'm just wondering, where would I get finale notepad 2008?

WiiMan96

There's still a free download of Notepad 2008 for Mac hidden away on the Finale website, found here. I tested it out (I coincidentally also run 10.6.8 Snow Leopard) and everything ran smoothly and seems to be working fine. You just need to make an account at FinaleMusic.com before you download.

Hope it works for you! It'll be a lot easier for everyone involved if you're able to use a Finale program. :) And welcome!

kayybee

Thanks so much WiiMan96!

I couldn't find it. :P I'm bad at finding things