News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Favorite Nintendo DS game?!?!?

Started by SlowPokemon, September 29, 2011, 04:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Okay, so the Age of the Nintendo DS is coming to a close. What was your favorite game for the NDS and why? (I realize there are still gonna be some awesome games released, like Professor Layton and possibly Pokemon games).

Here are my personal choices:

Pokemon Black and White ~ In my opinion, the best Pokemon games to date. They're just really great, and have awesome multiplayer features (such as being able to trade anywhere, directly from your boxes). Although the Pokemon were significantly more outlandish than in any other region, it was a great change and it will be very hard to beat this in further installments.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl ~ A lesser version of Black and White. I like this, despite it being my least favorite of the Pokemon games. It's very fun, and it's extremely nostalgic.

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver ~ All that Diamond and Pearl was, but enhanced, much better, more fun of a setting, better graphics, better features, better music... It’s Johto all over again! And it’s done fantastically.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time ~ Such a hilarious, addictive, great game. The thing I liked about this game was how dark it was--this game is considerably darker when compared to anything else of its kind.

Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story ~ Same reasons as Partners in Time, but it wasn’t so dark--just had a better plot, better gameplay, and better music. Plus FAWFUL IS THERE. AND YOU CAN PLAY AS BOWSER EEEEEE

Professor Layton and the Curious Village/Diabolical Box/Unwound Future (/probably Last Specter) ~ I’ve ranted on these games enough recently. :) Just fantastic, but not many have played them!

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness ~ I can’t even express how much I love this. It’s a bizarre game but really heartfelt.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days ~ This was a pretty good game. It was actually my introduction to KH and it’s very nostalgic and sad for me.

Super Mario 64 DS ~ I LOVE Super Mario 64. The DS version is even better. Just wonderful <3

Mario Kart DS ~ This was sooo fun... Mario Kart really never gets old.
    New Super Mario Bros. ~ See Mario Kart.

Mario Party DS ~ Not as fun as either of the above, but still great.

Animal Crossing: Wild World ~ My first game for the DS. So addictive, funny, and overall nostalgic.

I’m not including DSiWare or anything, and I may have forgotten some--I’ll post any more if I remember any!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Greg

Slow, your selection essentially covers all of my games.  ::)

pumpy_heart

Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy III, Contra 4, Dragon Quest IX, Mario Kart DS, Pokemon SoulSilver, Metroid Prime Hunters.
The best stuff really came near the beginning of it's life.

Clanker37

Lets a see...

Mario Kart, Mario 64 DS, Pokemon DPP, Mystery Dungeon (1, 2 & Sky), HGSS, BW and Nintendogs (It was my favourite before Pokemon) (And Mario)

Olimar12345

Metroid Prime Hunters, Super Princess Peach, MarioKart DS, Hotel Dusk: room 215, Disgaea DS, LOZST, Phantasy star 0, and Pokemon Black.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pit0010

WHOA...to think about it, i havent played ds in ages! :P but i got lots of favourite games

Mario Kart
Super Mario 64
Professor Layton Series
Legend of Zelda Spirited Tracks and Phantom Hourglass
Drawn to Life series
Kirby Squeak Squad
Rhythm Heaven
Cooking MAMA! :P
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Bespinben

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team was my first DS game ever, and it continues to hold its place as my all-time favorite DS game. I would list others, but I believe the title of the thread is "Favorite DS game" (singular).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Roz~

Phoenix Wright games.
Hotel Dusk : Room 215. Omg <3
Pokémon games
Kingdom Hearts games
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
Mario & Luigi : Partners in Time
Final Fantasy III
Picross
Professor Layton games.

So many great games D:
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DonValentino

Too many to list! But I should note: Pkmn BW, HGSS, DPP, all Prof Layton, Super Mario 64 DS, Mario kart DS, M&L: PiT and BiS, Animal Crossing Wild World, Super Princess Peach  ::), Pkmn Mystery Dungeon 1 and 2, New SMB, Pokemon Trozei  ;D and one of my faves... WARIO: MASTER OF DISGUISE! Oh, and FF Tactics A2 and FF XII (I think) Revenant Wings.

fingerz

All the Pokemon and Mario games Slow mentioned. :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

blueflower999

Most of the Pokemon games, especially Mystery Dungeon and Diamond + Pearl, Animal Crossing Wild World, Kirby Super Star Ultra, and Yoshi's Island DS, to name a few.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

spitllama

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 29, 2011, 04:54:28 PMKingdom Hearts 358/2 Days ~ This was a pretty good game. It was actually my introduction to KH and it’s very nostalgic and sad for me.

Slow I know you posted this months ago but did you ever end up following up with more KH games? They're so good.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Yeah, well I watched playthroughs of others. And I have the soundtrack CD to the first game! Found it at a barnes and noble one time. XD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

fabbemannen

As I haven't owned a single handheld, except for the newly achieved 3DS, I haven't really got into DS that much.
But I think I have to stick to Pokemon Platinum here, Pokemon-games is never wrong ;)