News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Storyteller/Writer and Linguists Wanted

Started by MaestroUGC, September 26, 2011, 11:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

I'm looking for some people to help me with a project I'm getting ready to start. I'm looking for a writer who can weave a good drama with very few sources or reference material. I don't want to give away too many details about the story due to its subject, though I don't believe there's anything wrong with it except its source...

I need the linguists for for a key part of this project. I'm just look for people who can translate a few lines from English into other languages, the list of languages will come later.

Normally I'd ask one of my friends for this, but there are some talanted writers on this forum as well as this site being a meltingpot of nations. I will give more details when I find a writer.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SlowPokemon

I can't commit to be a part of this since I have no idea what the subject is or what you're talking about. I'm okay at writing though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

I can do an itty bit of Japanese.

Emphasis on itty.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 27, 2011, 08:38:47 AMI can't commit to be a part of this since I have no idea what the subject is or what you're talking about. I'm okay at writing though.
I don't want to give away too much, but if you are interested PM me and I'll give you some more details.

Roz~

Since I study translation I can probably help w/ French.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Jub3r7

I haven't submitted a lot of my writing to the forum, but I'm not horrible at it.
Is there a possibility of having more than one writer, or do you need it to stay consistent?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

MaestroUGC

I need a consistant voice for the story, unless you want to team up with someone and write it together.

Ruto

I'm actually interested, but I'm way too busy at the moment...don't know when I'll clear my to-do list though. It's been almost 8 months -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Cobraroll

In case you need anything in the Scandinavian languages, I suppose I could help. My Swedish isn't too good, though. But Norwegian and Danish should go well.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Me and Jub are gonna work together. :) I would appreciate more details in PM though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

I can technically use UTAU and make the computer speak in Japanese.

But yeah, it's not that hard.

MaestroUGC

At a glance, these are the languages I need:

Spanish, French, Italian, German, Polish, Danish, Russian, Latin, Greek, Mandarin, Japanese, Hindi, Korean, Vietnamese, Arabic, Dutch, Finnish, Hungarian, Slovak, Swedish, Celtic, Igbo, Filipino, Czech, Portuguese, Romanian, Hebrew, Mongolian, and Egyptian.

I doubt anybody here can help me, but I would also like these as well:
Sumerian, Ancient Macedonian, Old Norse, and Akkadian.

Cobraroll

Old Norse? *cracks knuckles*

...could give it a try, at least.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Ruto

Quote from: MaestroUGC on September 28, 2011, 07:53:39 PMAt a glance, these are the languages I need:
Spanish, French, Italian, German, Polish, Danish, Russian, Latin, Greek, Mandarin, Japanese, Hindi, Korean, Vietnamese, Arabic, Dutch, Finnish, Hungarian, Slovak, Swedish, Celtic, Igbo, Filipino, Czech, Portuguese, Romanian, Hebrew, Mongolian, and Egyptian.

Oh crap, I know the wrong dialect XD

I have some friends who minored in Spanish in college if no one here's doing it. I'm not that great at it myself...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.