News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Needed massive Ninsheetmusic arrangement overhaul!

Started by Meta-Ridley, September 26, 2011, 03:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meta-Ridley

Hmmm. I see.

Well in that case, I've completely changed my mind. "Fixing the Sheets" can literally fix the sheets, because thats not my agenda anymore (however I would still like pieces to be checked more thouroughly before they're pushed through to the site).

Let's rate them. People wouldn't be asking for harder or easier arrangements of each song (unless its unplayable) because here at Ninsheetmusic we try to be as acurate with our arrangements as possible - so just because an arrangement is hard to play, its not because we make it hard, its because we're trying to be accurate. And vice versa with easier sheets.

I don't think a darker or lighter dot will cut it though. It's easy to get confused. I like stars. Out of 5 stars. Stars make me want to do star jumps.           

I'm getting off topic here.... I'll start a new thread, get rid of this one, and start my new agenda. This way people can immediatley choose their level of music, instead of looking at the music, printing it off, and starting to learn it before realising they can't manage those sheets (my fountain of dreams problem :/ )

Winter

No don't start a new thread. Just change the title of this one.

DonValentino

Add "Something Peculiar" from Pikmin 2 to your "Fixing the Sheets" list, it's incomplete. The original song is about 45 secs.

Jub3r7

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 02, 2011, 01:25:55 PMAdd "Something Peculiar" from Pikmin 2 to your "Fixing the Sheets" list, it's incomplete. The original song is about 45 secs.
"Fixing the Sheets" is a separate topic. :p

Also, if we don't use stars, then there would be titles for each difficulty, and that would be amazing:
(Kinda) Easy
Intermediate
Hard
Very Hard
Good Luck With That
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

Jub: Difficulty is too hard to determine, as each person's playing level is different. That's why we don't have it. NSM has had this discussion since forever. It won't help any.

Jub3r7

In other words, "good luck with that." XD

For each piece, we could have several people attempt to learn it, and give it a rating from one through five.
Then we would either take the median (or mode if it fits better), and apply that to the actual rating.

What's so hard about that?  ???
Of course each person's playing level is different, but the more pieces that get rated, the easier it would be for us to rate future pieces from a general perspective.
You could even make a poll for each song, and allow anyone to rate it. From there, we would take that information and use the average for that rating.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Meta-Ridley

Now we're thinking.

Personally I think the Poll is a great idea. What we'd have to do is make another sub-topic-thingy (like "submission" and "request" and "help") and have a thread for each song with a poll.

Then we would run it by the guys in charge after about 50 votes, and if they agree, then it could be rated on the site. At a later date if someone thinks that it isn't a good rating, we'll re-do the poll, and see if it makes a difference.

Now lets ask the big guys what they think.

Dude

Quote from: Jub3r7 on October 02, 2011, 07:54:39 PMBlah blah blah
We tried it before. Multiple times. It never worked. I've been here longer than 95% of you people, I know what I'm talking about.

DonValentino

Quote from: Jub3r7 on October 02, 2011, 06:58:31 PM"Fixing the Sheets" is a separate topic. :p

Just posted that there, thanks!  :)

Quote from: Dude on October 03, 2011, 07:25:51 AMWe tried it before. Multiple times. It never worked. I've been here longer than 95% of you people, I know what I'm talking about.

Agreed. Maybe we should listen to the voice of experience.  ;)

Bespinben

Quote from: metroid/bkfan on September 26, 2011, 09:31:38 PMWho would want to spend up to a year learning that???

I spent a whole year learning the Pokémon RBY Trainer Battle theme... (still can't do the 16th note chromatic runs though)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday