News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Needed massive Ninsheetmusic arrangement overhaul!

Started by Meta-Ridley, September 26, 2011, 03:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meta-Ridley

Who would want to spend up to a year learning that???

Anyways, I don't know anyone who can do the octaves in Freezeezy Peak, and some other crazy stuff there.

Ok. Scrap what I said. I would like for the virtuosic arrangements (ie. the ones I listed) an easier arrangement to accompany it.

master_gamer38

Quote from: metroid/bkfan on September 26, 2011, 09:31:38 PMWho would want to spend up to a year learning that???

Anyways, I don't know anyone who can do the octaves in Freezeezy Peak, and some other crazy stuff there.

Ok. Scrap what I said. I would like for the virtuosic arrangements (ie. the ones I listed) an easier arrangement to accompany it.

I know a few people that could do the octaves in Freezeezy peak. Out of all of it, that's one of the most strenuous. And I said a year because I'm not the best pianist and it would take me that long to get up to where I could get the piece down perfectly.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Meta-Ridley

Are you okay with the last line of my last reply though??? So you don't have to be extremely good or take a long amount of time learning but still with similar results. 

pumpy_heart

A newer game typically has more lines, which means it is harder to make an easy rendition of the piece.
Transcriptions are fine. I agree that no one will practice for a year on a single piece, but I can play some of my more difficult arrangements now that I've a year to play around and practice each of them.
If a specific piece is 100% unplayable, then you should probably tell those working on replacing the sheets in the above mentioned thread. Otherwise, 99.9% can come through practice.

master_gamer38

Quote from: metroid/bkfan on September 26, 2011, 09:38:02 PMAre you okay with the last line of my last reply though??? So you don't have to be extremely good or take a long amount of time learning but still with similar results. 

I don't particularly care about much of the front end. If I really need a piece I take what's potentially on the site or on other sites, and then change it to fit me.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Meta-Ridley

I do that a lot as well, but you really shouldn't have to do that. The point is that the sheet music is there, and it's a good arrangement, and you should just be able to pick it up and start practising, With no doubts that you may have to change something.

DonValentino

More than unplayable arrangements, I find some AWKWARD OLD (oh, please! The last part is impossible!) AWFUL (this should be a duet) "arrangements"...

I agree with you in removing the arrangements that look awful and don't meet the standards (ok, they don't have to be perfect, but.. please, care a little bit!).
On the other hand, you shouldn't confuse "advanced arrangements" with "completely unplayable arrangements". Also, instead of checking and deleting, I would propose checking, deleting and correcting: In fact, we could make a thread with those unplayable arrangements so people could choose one to remake, like the "Fulfilling the Requests" topic.

You had a good idea, though. We could clean a lot NSM and rise the quality, over quantity, like you said.  ;)

Meta-Ridley

Quote from: WarioMan98 on September 27, 2011, 09:10:08 AMMore than unplayable arrangements, I find some AWKWARD OLD (oh, please! The last part is impossible!) AWFUL (this should be a duet) "arrangements"...

I agree with you in removing the arrangements that look awful and don't meet the standards (ok, they don't have to be perfect, but.. please, care a little bit!).
On the other hand, you shouldn't confuse "advanced arrangements" with "completely unplayable arrangements". Also, instead of checking and deleting, I would propose checking, deleting and correcting: In fact, we could make a thread with those unplayable arrangements so people could choose one to remake, like the "Fulfilling the Requests" topic.

You had a good idea, though. We could clean a lot NSM and rise the quality, over quantity, like you said.  ;)

Thank you for the support. The reason I called them unplayable is because I didn't think people (ie. normal people) would be able to play those transcriptions. When people started telling me they could play them and all that then I started calling them advanced arrangments.

Also, I agree, we shouldn't just delete them. Your last sentence was the original aim of the topic. I just wanted to FIND them first.

KefkaticFanatic

Yes, thank you.  This is the direction that the site should be going forward to.  This is also why there will no longer be a single updater doing the checking of any arrangements.  It may turn out that they don't go up for a long time, but if that saves us from having crap all over the site like before then so be it.

me irl
[close]

Meta-Ridley

Dude

Jub3r7

Someone already posted that link.

But he needed to post it again and I think you're ignoring the point. :|
Quote from: metroid/bkfan on September 27, 2011, 04:11:05 PMThe reason I called them unplayable is because I didn't think people (ie. normal people) would be able to play those transcriptions. When people started telling me they could play them and all that then I started calling them advanced arrangments.

Also, I agree, we shouldn't just delete them. Your last sentence was the original aim of the topic. I just wanted to FIND them first.
If you work on making the list of the 100% unplayable pieces, or want to point out the sheets that would take a whole year of practicing, it would go in the "Fixing the Sheets" topic.

Otherwise, you might as well sort out the easier ones too and try to organize them by difficulty level, because that would also be really awesome.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Meta-Ridley

I do want to do that! I want to find all the ones like you specified and then post them in that topic! I would also like for there be a another tier to the criteria when sheets are being submitted - 100% playability and less than maybe 6 months to learn it. 

However, sorting the sheets in to difficulty levels is far too subjective. I mean how can you define easy, middle, or hard??? People would be requesting all the time for easier and harder versions of the song, having to make about 3 or 4 versions of each arrangement. If we just somehow mark the sheets that take about a year to learn however, that can work.

Winter

http://www.herbalcell.com/blog/free-sheet-music/legend-of-zelda-wind-waker

She did it just fine

The darkness of the dot by the sheet links refers to difficulty. And I think they're quite accurate.