News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

The Great NSM Novel

Started by SlowPokemon, September 18, 2011, 05:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFitTrainr

Its been 3 days since anyone posted here. Just wanted to say im loving itso far, slow.
I like food.

dahans

Agreed xD I haven't commented on it yet... SHAME ON ME! Well done!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

DrP

Where's the next installment SLO?

SlowPokemon

Lying half-finished in a Google Document :) (Also I like the play on words...with your college town and everything...)

Along with the other chapters (including chapter one, which will not be seen by you for a while!) I've got a bit of plot hidden away that I hope will surprise you to cover up for the clever but unabashedly blatant plot twist.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 27, 2011, 01:43:58 PMLying half-finished in a Google Document :) (Also I like the play on words...with your college town and everything...)

Along with the other chapters (including chapter one, which will not be seen by you for a while!) I've got a bit of plot hidden away that I hope will surprise you to cover up for the clever but unabashedly blatant plot twist.
That was a mishap. I have been out of it all week, so... yeah. I'll now continue to do it at random times :D

And I'd love to see the story soon... it's quite suspenseful! (When you're done, you should seriously put it on the Amazon Market but change the names to random ones and make it a Kindle ebook!)

SlowPokemon

Oh wow. I believe I've pulled an ETF. I haven't been working on this but I will! Tonight in fact! :)

SlowPokemon

Dun dun dunnn.

CHAPTER FIVE
A Winter is You!

Winter's group walked through the west side of town. Roz led the group, walking briskly; Nebbles was in back; and Winter was sandwiched between them.

"So, where are we going to go first?" Nebbles asked tentatively.

"The bookstore," said Roz confidently.

"Do you think we'll get some leads there?" Nebbles asked hopefully.

"Yes," said Roz. "And I kind of need a book."

"Oh," Nebbles said meekly.

The town's bookstore was lit up brightly in the dim light of dusk. They walked inside to find the place completely devoid of people, save the cashier, Cobraroll.

"Hi, guys! Can I help you?" he asked hopefully.

"Maybe," said Roz. "Do you know anything about Concerto's disappearance?"

"Concerto is missing?!" Cobraroll said, startled. "No, this is the first I've heard of it!"

"Hmm..." said Nebbles. "Have you seen anything suspicious?"

"No, not that I know of," said Cobraroll uncertainly.

"Well then," said Nebbles glumly. "I guess we'll just be..."

"Not so fast," Winter said suspiciously, stepping forward. He closed his eyes and rubbed his chin. "Something feels a little off about you."

"Off?" said Cobraroll.

"YOU, SIR, ARE A FRAUD!" shouted Winter, pointing at Cobra in a dramatic manner.

Nebbles rolled her eyes. "You're fine, Cobra. We'll go talk to someone else."

"Wait!" called Cobra as they made to walk out. "Are you sure you wouldn't like to buy one of my new books?"

"Umm... what's it about?" said Nebbles cautiously. Cobraroll was always writing mediocre books that nobody would read. In spite of this, he refused to stop writing them.

"It's called.... The Gnat Hat!" said Cobra, his eyes shining brightly.

"The...Gnat Hat," said Roz, frowning.

"Yes!" Cobra said enthusiastically. "It's about a boy who finds a magical...wait for it..."

"...Gnat Hat?" said Winter cautiously.

"Yes!" burst out Cobra with excitement. "And when he wears the hat, he gets all sort of gnatty powers!"

"...Gnatty?" said Nebbles incredulously. "What kind of powers could a gnat possibly have? They're the most boring, useless creatures on Earth."

Cobra's smile fell.

"It...uh...seemed like a good idea at the time," he mumbled.

"No thanks, Cobra," said Roz carefully. "We've got to solve the case of Concerto's disappearance."

"All right... thanks..." said Cobra, looking dejected. He walked away to organize the science fiction section for the billionth time.

All were silent until they could no longer see the book shop. Finally, Winter broke out in derisive laughter.

"That Gnat Hat!?" he gasped, wiping a tear from his eye. "Oh, Jesus... that's priceless..."

Nebbles was unable to stop herself from smiling at the thought of it.

"Stay focused," Roz said shortly. "We need to search around some more."

"Oh, buzz off!" shouted Winter in manical laughter. The corners of Roz's mouth twitched. She punched Winter in the arm very hard and, that bit of business being taken care of, they continued onwards.

Nebbles

HAHA wow xD I do hate gnats, though! A+ for accuracy!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Lol. x) I figured you did. I mostly chose gnats because they seemed like the most random, useless animal I could think of...like part of that bizarre, zany humor I mentioned earlier... other titles I considered: "Chicken Pants," "Guppy Mittens," and "Pigeon Glasses." (I'm not lying! XD)

Mashi

I just looked up the word gnat:

gnat
noun /nat/ 
gnats, plural

A small two-winged fly that resembles a mosquito. Gnats include both biting and nonbiting forms, and they typically form large swarms

A person or thing seen as tiny or insignificant, esp. in comparison with something larger or more important
- I was only a gnat in the affair

Yay, it's like a pun now.

Anyway, you don't need anyone to reassure you, but A+++++++++.

EFitTrainr

YAY A NEW CHAPTER SLOW IS AMAZING
I like food.

Wrydryn

Should I be offended I'm not a character?

SlowPokemon

No. You aren't part of the primary cast and you weren't included in the list of ostracized people because you never expressed any interest in this. X) I'll add you.

DrP

Jub3r7

Cobraroll's stories aren't that bad, jeese. xD This chapter was entertaining, though.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]