News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

The Tasty Food Topic

Started by SuperFireKirby, September 17, 2011, 08:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Remy is dumb, she doesn't know that when cooked most of the alcohol burns away!

me irl
[close]

Saria

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on February 23, 2015, 01:32:43 AMRemy is dumb, she doesn't know that when cooked most of the alcohol burns away!

& excuse Remy, peasant! she din't kno wat "penne alla vodka" was bc she duzzn't squeek spanish!!
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Dude

Saria

Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

mikey

unmotivated

DrP

That looks pretty good!

I'm not the biggest fan of vodka sauce though. It does look a little on the liquid-y side.

KefkaticFanatic

I agree, but I didn't want to wait for it to reduce any further :V

It was still tasty though and with the penne shaped as it is I didn't end up with a pool of sauce at the bottom of the plate.

me irl
[close]

DrP

I always use penne for everything! It's perfectly manageable for a sauce like that too.

I haven't made much lately because of work/home for my dad's memorial.

but I made this last week and it was delicious!

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Sebastian

DrP

Because I can NEVER resist the sushi case at Whole Foods!

Jub3r7

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on February 23, 2015, 01:32:43 AMRemy is dumb, she doesn't know that when cooked most of the alcohol burns away!
"Some people believe that food items cooked with wine or liquor will be totally non-alcoholic, because alcohol's low boiling point causes it to evaporate quickly when heated. However, a study found that some of the alcohol remains: 25 percent after one hour of baking or simmering, and 10 percent after two hours; in either case, however, the amount consumed while eating a dish prepared with alcohol will rarely if ever contain sufficient alcohol to cause even low levels of intoxication.[3][4]"

3:  "Does alcohol burn off in cooking?". Ochef.com. Archived from the original on 2010-12-15. Retrieved August 29, 2009.
4. Weil. "Does Alcohol Really Cook Out of Food". Archived from the original on 2014-04-27. Retrieved August 20, 2011.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Sebastian

DrP