News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The Tasty Food Topic

Started by SuperFireKirby, September 17, 2011, 08:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

This isn't super food related, but is still in the category of it.

I got a new bar set today!! It's ridiculously awesome. Boston Shaker. Jigger. Cocktail Spoon. Big Ice Cube Tray. Strainer and some specialty cocktail cherries!!!

I honestly have so much alcohol that I can probably get the entire tax department at my client hammered.

KefkaticFanatic

Careful with that cube tray, I almost went for one but bailed because of reviews talking about it eventually starts to pick up freezer burn smells and deposits them into the ice.  Otherwise yaaa nice set, I have slowly pieced together a similar set but with a cobbler shaker instead + recently acquired lemon/lime squeezer.  Fresh tom collins are gudddd

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 31, 2015, 03:13:39 AMCareful with that cube tray, I almost went for one but bailed because of reviews talking about it eventually starts to pick up freezer burn smells and deposits them into the ice.  Otherwise yaaa nice set, I have slowly pieced together a similar set but with a cobbler shaker instead + recently acquired lemon/lime squeezer.  Fresh tom collins are gudddd
See!! I told you they'd be so good! and the fresh lemon makes it all the more better.

I managed to get a bottle of lemon infused simple syrup, so I just mix that with gin and club soda. I might just do that soon (once I have a pot of coffee in me).

I think my next big purchase will be copper mugs for Moscow Mules. Plus I might start experimenting with mixing stuff!

Nebbles

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 31, 2015, 03:13:39 AMCareful with that cube tray, I almost went for one but bailed because of reviews talking about it eventually starts to pick up freezer burn smells and deposits them into the ice.  Otherwise yaaa nice set, I have slowly pieced together a similar set but with a cobbler shaker instead + recently acquired lemon/lime squeezer.  Fresh tom collins are gudddd

I'm never had a tom collins... I should try one.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

KefkaticFanatic

They're tasty and super easy, but you have to be careful about the gin sometimes.  I use 2oz tanqueray which is about 95 proof so... it can fuck you up if you have less than a full stomach :P

me irl
[close]

DrP

I just made one. I used 3oz Bombay Sapphire (which is 94 proof) and I shook it with 1oz lemon simple syrup. I poured it over 1 icecube. Added club soda, 2 bourbon soaked cherries and 1tsp of the cherry juice.

I wish I had skewers to i could lay the cherries across the top of the glass, but it's really for show purposes and not necessary in this instance.

Nebbles

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 31, 2015, 02:07:21 PMThey're tasty and super easy, but you have to be careful about the gin sometimes.  I use 2oz tanqueray which is about 95 proof so... it can fuck you up if you have less than a full stomach :P

Duly noted. I had a sloe gin fizz a while ago which I really enjoyed too.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

KefkaticFanatic

Seeing your glass reminds me I have to go out and find a good spot to buy a variety of glasses >.> right now all I have are some cheapo ikea drink glasses + 1 nice collins glass.  I do have some good tumblers but they're all on the east coast in storage...  I want to at least get a nice stem cocktail glass~

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 31, 2015, 03:59:19 PMSeeing your glass reminds me I have to go out and find a good spot to buy a variety of glasses >.> right now all I have are some cheapo ikea drink glasses + 1 nice collins glass.  I do have some good tumblers but they're all on the east coast in storage...  I want to at least get a nice stem cocktail glass~
All the stuff I have now is stemless (except wine glasses). I think I still have my collins glasses wrapped up and I'm way too lazy to unpack them.
I got my glasses at Crate and Barrel (you could also try Sur la Table). Their glasses usually run about $3-$7 each. I also have some Bodum glasses that I use for simple things like G&Ts, Vodka sodas, etc..

For my next place, I want to buy a sideboard for everything, because right now, I'm using a 2x2 ikea bookshelf. It actually works really well

Saria

On mine travels in the past year I hath discovered a variety of dishes in numerous restaurants-eth. Here are just a few from mine journey-eth. Took these photos with mine phone and also posted these on mine Instagram. Eth.

Vietamese Spring Rolls:

BBQ Ribs, Rotisserie Chicken, Fries and Cornbread:

Spicy Snow Crab & Spicy Tuna Sushi Rolls:
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Maelstrom

You've never had ribs before?

Saria

I've had all of these before
SARIABALL
cooperating anal

ThatGamer

I really am hungry now. Good thing it's 6:30.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Saria

You're too young for vodka! And it's a drink of the sinners! You will be judged by Remy in court!
SARIABALL
cooperating anal