News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The Tasty Food Topic

Started by SuperFireKirby, September 17, 2011, 08:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

I don't know why people pay money for that stuff.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

AwesomeYears

Probably cause it looks fancy and people like quality food.

Xaoz

The most expensive meal I ever bought was a family-pizza for 12€, I think...

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

ZeldaFan

That is usually my price range for food as well... This place was ridiculous.

Quote from: AwesomeYears on January 25, 2015, 01:47:11 PMProbably cause it looks fancy and people like quality food.
I wouldn't exactly call it "quality food". It was iceberg lettuce (the cheapest and least nutritious kind) and the tomatoes and bacon tasted just like any other tomatoes and bacon. I've never cooked a pork chop in my life but I'm sure I could cook it just as well as they did haha. Maybe their specialty - steak - might have been better quality than other steaks but I didn't get to try it  :(

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Xaoz

Now I want a pizza again... Damn...

AwesomeYears

Story time! So my dad originally came from England and came to Australia by ship when he was 13. (Note this is in the late 1970's) Now one night, my dad decided to have dinner with himself and not his parents, and that he would order his own. When the menu arrived, it was all in French so Dad couldn't understand what foods there were. 5 minutes later, he chooses four small meals, but when he was about to tell the waiter, a Indian woman with her son on the other table trys to convince my dad to not order those meals, but Dad orders them anyway. When the meal arrived, on those four plates were different kinds of cooked potato (boiled, baked etc.)

My dad cried that night...

KefkaticFanatic

boil em mash em stick em in a stew

me irl
[close]

Xaoz

Quote from: AwesomeYears on January 25, 2015, 03:27:22 PMMy dad cried that night...

As a person who loves potates, I have to ask: Did he cry because of the joy?

AwesomeYears

Would you be happy if you had to eat only potato for dinner? (Maybe in Ireland)

BlackDragonSlayer

Well, it depends if they were good potatoes or not.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Xaoz

Quote from: AwesomeYears on January 25, 2015, 04:49:46 PMWould you be happy if you had to eat only potato for dinner? (Maybe in Ireland)

Well no, since it lacks the protein, but if I could also get a shake, then yes! Any day!

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 25, 2015, 04:52:08 PMWell, it depends if they were good potatoes or not.

There is no such thing like "not good potatoes"! Potatoes are awesome!

DrP

Quote from: ZeldaFan on January 25, 2015, 02:02:17 PMThat is usually my price range for food as well... This place was ridiculous.
I wouldn't exactly call it "quality food". It was iceberg lettuce (the cheapest and least nutritious kind) and the tomatoes and bacon tasted just like any other tomatoes and bacon. I've never cooked a pork chop in my life but I'm sure I could cook it just as well as they did haha. Maybe their specialty - steak - might have been better quality than other steaks but I didn't get to try it  :(
Yeah. That didn't look quite appetizing. Some places charge more for "exclusivity" or ambiance, which I'm guessing might factor into it.

The burger in my 2nd recent post was $20, but since it was San Francisco and the ingredients used weren't cheap (they actually told us which farm the beef came from), I figured it was worth it (and my firm was paying for it too, so it didn't really matter that much).

Quote from: AwesomeYears on January 25, 2015, 04:49:46 PMWould you be happy if you had to eat only potato for dinner? (Maybe in Ireland)
Sometimes if you're not super hungry, you can just make a baked potato and its perfectly statisfying. You could also add cheese, sour cream, bacon, onions.

Quote from: Xaoz on January 25, 2015, 05:13:12 PMWell no, since it lacks the protein, but if I could also get a shake, then yes! Any day!
Potatoes and a Shake? Might as well add the hamburger too.

Xaoz

Quote from: DrP on January 25, 2015, 05:24:25 PMPotatoes and a Shake? Might as well add the hamburger too.

Uhm.. ?? (Maybe I just do not understand, I am tired xD)

AwesomeYears

Xaoz

Quote from: AwesomeYears on January 25, 2015, 05:30:11 PMHave you ever heard of fries?

Yes! I am afraid... I still do not understand xD